Sign in to follow this  
Ppathfinderlad

PC Aviator

On ‎16‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 11:19 PM, carlito777 said:

Yeah, right... 

The new installers were released when? 24 hours ago? Give me a break...

Hi Carlo,

Just another update, 2 days ago I sent a polite email asking how long it would take to get the new P3D4 A2A products available.  Guess what...no reply, and they're not yet available.. :(

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

18 minutes ago, kevinfirth said:

Hi Carlo,

Just another update, 2 days ago I sent a polite email asking how long it would take to get the new P3D4 A2A products available.  Guess what...no reply, and they're not yet available.. :(

I have bought a couple of add-ons at PC Aviator that have been updated to a P3Dv4 version and they are all available by now. Give them a couple of days. It's weekend! They are not the quickest or most responsive but they have the best prices. As long as they make the updates available at some point, I'm ok. If you want prompt updates then you must buy via the developer directly.

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

2 hours ago, carlito777 said:

I have bought a couple of add-ons at PC Aviator that have been updated to a P3Dv4 version and they are all available by now. Give them a couple of days. It's weekend! They are not the quickest or most responsive but they have the best prices. As long as they make the updates available at some point, I'm ok. If you want prompt updates then you must buy via the developer directly.

Granted they are not bad guys like Vladimir Putin or ISIS, and they may be marginally cheaper, but I'll happily pay the extra £ or two for a retailer who communicates well.  Just my personal preference, the lack of a PA28 for me in v4 isnt the end of the world.

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

xaP1VAU.png

I purchased MSE Virginia V3 on Saturday.  Tried to install it but had three files that were corrupted.  Sent an email to support as shown below.  Appears to me they have quick responses to support inquiries:

MegaSceneryEarth <support@megasceneryearth.com>

10:44 AM (1 hour ago)

to me

Hello Mr Young,

Thank you for notifying us.  The owner, Robert Ferraro has been informed and is correcting the problem.  We will get back to you when the files are fixed.

Sincerely,

Customer Service

MegaSceneryEarth

Sent: Saturday, June 24, 2017 3:20 PM
To: megasceneryearth@pcaviator.com
Subject: VirginiaV3 Invalid Files

I have downloaded all of VirginiaV3 just released today.  Three files are invalid and will not open -

012 of 019

014 of 019

018 of 019

I have tried 3 or 4 times and get the same error.

Best regards,

Jim Young

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Another response!

MegaSceneryEarth <support@megasceneryearth.com>

12:06 PM (19 minutes ago)

to me

Dear Mr Young,

New files needed to be uploaded.  They will be complete and ready to download in 4 hours.

Sincerely,

Customer Service

MegaSceneryEarth

So far I have never had any problems whatsoever getting a quick response to my issues.  I have found that if the question asked has already been posted on the download site or in download materials, they will not respond.  In other words, they want us to do some research first, look at FAQ's, manuals, etc.  I found this out once when I was purchasing MSE products for every State in the US and accidently bought the same State twice.  Asked for a refund to their support link and got no response.  I was livid!  I then did some research and it states on their site there is no refunds for duplicate purchases (or something like that).  Fortunately the duplicate scenery came with another scenery on sale so it was not a major loss. 

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

My experience has been the same as Jim's. Quick responses to support issues.

Dave

The difference is I used the support form on their webpage rather than sending an email to them.

Clearly they do respond to emails but don't look at the contacts through their webpage at all.

xaP1VAU.png