Sign in to follow this  
Guest jacilore

Active Camera Replacement?

Greetings -Was wondering if there is a similar product?? After I re-installed FS9 quite some time ago my Active Camera quit working even though it shows that it is properly registered with a valid activation key. I have un-installed the program and removed all traces(I thought). I downloaded/installed a new file from their website which displayed the exact same registration and activation code #s, and it says the product is properly registered-----but nothing works. Anticyclone has patiently been trying to figure out the problem for weeks now, but the solution eludes them. Can anyone suggest a replacement product, or have any suggestions as to a fix? Thanks!B. Scott

Guest dogknot

I use the Flight1 View Module and it works fine. Not as elaborate as active camera, but it will easily get you around the vc. It does require you to have a wheel mouse to operate.f1view.zip

Hello,May I suggest Walk & Follow by IGfly. It has internal VC walk and external modes without the horizon artifacts AC creates. It's cool also for wingviews on aircraft that don't have them included in the VC model (ex. PMDG747). You can use the external view model and save the viewpoint posision. Check it out: http://www.igfly.comCheers,Ian

Ian and Brent --Thanks for your responses. I shall check them out!Bruce Scott

Guest jacilore

Hello:I have the same problem. In fact I installed Active Camera because I had initially that problem with FScamera 1.5, but the problem remains the same with both programs. By the way, as an Active Camera substitute I would try Fscamera 1.3 and Fscamera 1.5 which you can download in Avsim. They are both simpler than Active Camera, but still great programs. If as I suspect fscamera 1.3 works for you, (as it does for me) and fscamera 1.5 doesn't, it would mean that you and I would have exactly the same problem (Fscamera1.4 is very much like fscamera 1.5 and if this one doesn't work, neither would the other one)And as the problem for that I have read in several places that the cause could be the installation of Servipack 2. Someone has said that it has all worked out after its deinstallation, but I'm not familiar with those informatic issues and I don't dare to try for the moment.So if you know anything else about this I would appreciate very much that you kept in contact, as I would do the same if I know anything else.Jacilore

Hello Guys,Sorry to interfere only now, but I have just discovered IGFly tool. I have downloaded the trial version, which works fine, but it doesn't let me see the virtual cabin (you are not in VC mode when moving around).Is there any workaround for this?Does it work better with the registered version?Thanks,Eric