https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/1007101/geforce-drivers/official-382-05-game-ready-whql-display-driver-feedback-thread-released-5-4-17-/1/

Has anybody tried it? I'm curious not only about memory leak issues with P3d but also the nvoglv32.dll CTD that occurs with various apps including the TrackIR UI, Sketchup 2017, Model Converter X, fxEditor and AI Aircraft Editor.

+1

Has anyone tried it yet?.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Hi
I will test it later today.
Hoang Le

Hoang Le

i5 13500 - eVGA RTX 3070 Ti - 32GB RAM

P3D v5

You can't get it on NVidia's site ( at least not for a 1070) so be very wary if you find it.

Regards

bs

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

That link in the first post is from  the official nVidia forum.

6 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/1007101/geforce-drivers/official-382-05-game-ready-whql-display-driver-feedback-thread-released-5-4-17-/1/

Has anybody tried it? I'm curious not only about memory leak issues with P3d but also the nvoglv32.dll CTD that occurs with various apps including the TrackIR UI, Sketchup 2017, Model Converter X, fxEditor and AI Aircraft Editor.

Hi Jay,

Encountered a couple of problems, as yet unresolved:

1. Seems to have scuppered Asus AiSuite III (DipAwayMode) which has stopped working despite my attempts to resurrect it:

Problem details:

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:    APPCRASH
  Application Name:    DipAwayMode.exe
  Application Version:    0.0.0.0
  Application Timestamp:    00000000
  Fault Module Name:    UsbPowerManager.dll
  Fault Module Version:    0.0.0.0
  Fault Module Timestamp:    580060dc
  Exception Code:    80000003
  Exception Offset:    00079535
  OS Version:    6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
  Locale ID:    2057
  Additional Information 1:    a754
  Additional Information 2:    a754caabcd58c3295eb76d80eae0af6d
  Additional Information 3:    9b50
  Additional Information 4:    9b50aeba6d7cb192c5342c60f736fcf5

2. Also, the NVIDIA Control Panel menu item disappeared from the right-click desktop menu options. Running NCP from the System Tray produced the following:

Problem signature:
  Application Name:    nvcplui.exe
  Application Version:    8.1.950.0
  Application Timestamp:    59079d43
  Fault Module Name:    NVCPL.DLL
  Fault Module Version:    8.17.13.8205
  Fault Module Timestamp:    59079649
  Exception Code:    c0000005
  Exception Offset:    000000000005f59b
  Additional Information 1:    050c
  Additional Information 2:    050c73a1afa94fb87468322288aa1bd8
  Additional Information 3:    da91
  Additional Information 4:    da91ac8e82d5bb699cb3f645c1015efb

A little research tells me:

"Exception code c0000005 is the code for an access violation. That means that your program is accessing (either reading or writing) a memory address to which it does not have rights. Most commonly this is caused by:

Accessing a stale pointer. That is accessing memory that has already been deallocated. Note that such stale pointer accesses do not always result in access violations. Only if the memory manager has returned the memory to the system do you get an access violation.

Reading off the end of an array. This is when you have an array of length N and you access elements with index >=N."

Meantime uninstalling AiSuite III appears to have resolved the NCP issue.

I performed a DDU clean install of the drivers this time around in SAFE MODE and all went well. Otherwise, they seem to be performing okay - no better, no worse than 381.89, although DipAway was working with the latter driver set. As before, performance in P3D is very good.

Regards,

Mike

Thanks Mike. The NV control panel crash has been going on since the Win 10 Creator's Update. I've had it happen with the 381.89 driver set. I've gone back to 376.33 because  the new drivers broke way too much, including the TrackIR User Interface.

Jay

4 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

Thanks Mike. The NV control panel crash has been going on since the Win 10 Creator's Update. I've had it happen with the 381.89 driver set. I've gone back to 376.33 because  the new drivers broke way too much, including the TrackIR User Interface.

Jay

Interesting, Ive always updated my nvidia drivers as soon as released and ive never had an issue with TrackIR?

• Upvote 1

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

6 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

Jay

Hi Jay,

There was I thinking I was home and dry by remaining on Windows 7 ....LOL!

While I 'hear' what you are saying, so far my impression is that this has more to do with ASUS AISuite III and the way it interacts with the NVIDIA drivers,  at least as far as my setup is concerned. When AISuite is uninstalled several remnants are left behind, including 4 Services which persist even after a reboot. However, disabling doesn't help and, indeed, provokes another error. This is a strange one - sometimes NCP will reappear following a reboot and at other times it will vanish during a desktop session! Very annoying and frustrating.

Fortunately all my NCP settings remain in place following a successful session with the panel, but this won't be the case if I try another (done it already) clean driver reinstallation. Once the overclock settings are established by AISuite III then they persist until the system UEFI BIOS is returned to its defaults, so that's a relief. The troubleshoot continues.....

Regards,

Mike

I have had more trouble with the Asus suite than any software, ever. Last time I tried to install it windows 10 became unstable and I could not even delete it using the standard method and had to use special delete software to do the job. 

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

It seems like one solution is to reinstall both the nVidia video driver and the affected software after the Windows  10 Creator's Update. This points to the CU making some change to the Windows registry that's conflicting with specific  apps and devices. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

It seems like one solution is to reinstall both the nVidia video driver and the affected software after the Windows  10 Creator's Update. This points to the CU making some change to the Windows registry that's conflicting with specific  apps and devices. 

Hi Jay,

That may well be the case with Windows 10, but it doesn't explain why it's happening with Windows 7. This happened to me following a Nvidia driver update and had nothing to do with any Windows Update. I know that because I have not allowed a Windows update for a few weeks.

I suspect the new Nvidia drivers have 'adjusted' a few targeted key memory addresses which are now conflicting with some AISuite III operations. I never had a problem while using the 9 series cards. Now, with the 10 series it seems the goal posts have being shifted with no guarantees of ongoing stability while their drivers interact with 3rd Party software....yet. This is, of course, only speculation on my part, but the evidence is suggesting that this is indeed what is happening. 

If I had a choice I would try to get rid of AISuite III completely, but this is proving difficult as other errors appear and the ASUS 'removal tool' is no longer available. ASUS are saying that this capability is all built into AISuite III when you uninstall in the usual way. However, this is clearly not the case as at least 4 services continue to run and folders with content remain. One or two of these services (ASUS Com Service, ASUS HM Com Service) needs to be running to avoid seeing another error:

"ATKEX_cmd.exe has stopped working"

Problem signature:
  Application Name:    ATKEX_cmd.exe
  Application Version:    0.0.0.0
  Application Timestamp:    00000000
  Fault Module Name:    KERNELBASE.dll
  Fault Module Version:    6.1.7601.23677
  Fault Module Timestamp:    589c9620
  Exception Code:    0eedfade
  Exception Offset:    0000c54f
  Additional Information 1:    8c76
  Additional Information 2:    8c7632fd9e0250a92c4e7f3318e3a3f6
  Additional Information 3:    d6f9
  Additional Information 4:    d6f92774a32f50830fc289b43bb6bc7c

Again some research revealed:

"atkexcomsvc.exe runs as a background Windows service (asComSvc). This service runs as the SYSTEM account with extensive privileges on the local computer, and acts as the computer on the network.

http://www.boostbyreason.com/resource-sha1-561eedde165abd24e6d170799332b78c162c19d5-atkexcomsvc-exe.aspx

It's loaded by atkexcomsvc.exe on Asus Computers"

I presume when they say "Asus Computers" they mean those with ASUS Mainboards.

Really it's all a bit messy and highly unsatisfactory. I require a working AISuite III for those occasions when I need to re-establish an overclock. Yes, the idiot's approach, but at least it is quick, safe and establishes a stable overclock at 4.4GHz. That part of the suite still works, fortunately, but I will be faced with having to uninstall it afterwards each and every time to avoid the NCP nonsense. Having said that, following a cold boot today NCP refuses to open! Give me strength!

Regards,

Mike

Edit: Sorry about all this. I'm just attempting to assemble my thoughts before firing a broadside in ASUS ROG's direction!

Did anybody try 382.05 vs 367.33 on a 9xx video card on win10 x64 without DU?

I'm looking for even a tiny improvement in VAS handling.

Thanks,

Dirk. 

I've installed it a couple of hours ago and did a test. Running Win10 with the latest updates installed and a EVGA Classified 980Ti. Don't appear to be bleeding VAS. Don't think I'll be going back to 376.33.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Sumits81 said:

I've installed it a couple of hours ago and did a test. Running Win10 with the latest updates installed and a EVGA Classified 980Ti. Don't appear to be bleeding VAS. Don't think I'll be going back to 376.33.

Same here. Windows 10 (Creators update) + GTX 1070.

Vincent B.

Check my MSFS sceneries : https://flightsim.to/profile/vbazillio