Sign in to follow this  
KAB

DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG

Hi

For the last few months I haven't been able to complete any flight using the PMDG 737NGX or the 747V2 in Prepar3D.

It always ends with this:

S4yEPGo.jpg

I have tried several GeForce driver versions. Now using the latest version, 382.05.

P3D runs smooth, not using too heavy settings

Any help would be highly appreciated.

System information:
Prepar3D v3.4.22
Window 10 Home 64 bit v1703
Nvidia GeForce GTX 670
Intel i5-4670 @ 3,4 GHz
8 GB RAM

Kjell A.

Funny,  i also  started to get these sometimes. I never had this before.

I might think it came moving from 373.06 to 381.65. Now i am at 381.89 and so far havent seen it but still to early to state.  

Or after updating 3.4.9. to 3.4.22. Cant tell. 

Sometimes the nvdia controlpanel is not properly loaded during Windows start, but again have not seen it yet with 381.89.

Thanks Michael Moe 

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

1 hour ago, Michael Moe said:

Sometimes the nvdia controlpanel is not properly loaded during Windows start, but again have not seen it yet with 381.89.

I've noticed that too multiple times.  In fact, I just now checked and it was only showing the 3D vision options and since I don't use 3D vision options I used windows control panel to remove all but the graphics driver and the expected complete control panel returned.

As for OP, may I suggest you take a look at your video card to make sure it's not clogged with dust. It is a five year old product now, but should work well if not overheating.

Dan Downs KCRP

Started for me after installing FSLabs A320.

Steve Giblin

I believe it has to do with the SLI and how P3D handles it, at least it was for me.

Asus Rampage VI Extreme Encore(water Cooled) EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Hybrid, 64 DD4 @ 2800 2 x 2x M.2 in raid 0.

I have had some of those pesky errors pop up, and I am thinking the nVidia settings panel and other software being used (nVidia inspector?), may be giving the GPU fits.

I changed the settings in the nVidia Control panel to application controlled for anisotropic filtering, anti aliasing mode, transparency supersampling 8x and so far it seems to be working.

4790K stock, GTX 970, 8GB RAM, Win 7 Pro

Running AS16 +ASCA, ORBX, PMDG, LD 767, AS airbus, MJC Q400, lots of add on airports

But what do I know?  I am not a computer guy.

Stephen Forsgren

8 hours ago, KAB said:

Hi

For the last few months I haven't been able to complete any flight using the PMDG 737NGX or the 747V2 in Prepar3D.

It always ends with this:

S4yEPGo.jpg

I have tried several GeForce driver versions. Now using the latest version, 382.05.

P3D runs smooth, not using too heavy settings

Any help would be highly appreciated.

System information:
Prepar3D v3.4.22
Window 10 Home 64 bit v1703
Nvidia GeForce GTX 670
Intel i5-4670 @ 3,4 GHz
8 GB RAM

Kjell A.

I was getting this problem using P3D v3.4.22 so I went back to v3.3.5 and it stopped.

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

There's a long thread about this over at LM:

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=123093

They are still asking for user reports.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

15 hours ago, StewCal said:

Started for me after installing FSLabs A320.

+1

Ivan Lewis

PMDG B737NGX, B777 and B747v3 QOTS II

I only get this error now after a certain, but variable number of switches between full and windowed screen viewing. I just save now before switching and this problem is now just an annoyance. Doesn't seem to matter what aircraft.

Bill Barrette 

i7 3770K HT, 8GB RAM, nVidia 980GTX, Win7, P3D 3.4, FSG mesh, UTX, GEX, ST, ASA16/ASCA, NickN optimized

For now, downgrading Prepar3D from version 3.4.22 to version 3.3.5 have solved the DXGI-error. So far I have completed several flights!

I think it related to SLI? I dont get it with single card. 

Thanks Michael Moe 

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Nope, I have a single card and get it. 

Bill Barrette

i7 3770K HT, 8GB RAM, nVidia 980GTX, Win7, P3D 3.4, FSG mesh, UTX, GEX, ST, ASA16/ASCA, NickN optimized

Hi everybody,

I am using P3D v. 4.3 with Intel i7 3,33 GHz, 24 GB RAM, Win 7 Ultimate 64Bit and single NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960. When I am flying FSLabs A320 or any of the standard airplanes of P3D and sooner or later I am getting this error message (DXGL_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG...) when I switch to one of the outside views. With any of the (virtual) cockpit views I can fly the airbus and other planes for hours without any problem. I have obeyed numerous instructions to solve the problem (including installing another Graphics Card, clean installations of several graphics drivers, modifying options in P3D, deinstallation of "Spotlights", changing pagefile and so on), but everything without any success.

I should be very grateful for any help.

Best regards

Paul

A google search helped me to solve it, the solution was somewhere in the microsoft forums. But I absolutely cant remember where or what it was, I‘m afraid. But this here is the PMDG forum and as lobg as nobody can provide a master solution this is probably not the right room for that, all above when you get it with FSLabs addons..

Edited by Ephedrin