Sign in to follow this  
Christopher Low

Take off problem

I am experiencing an intermittent problem on take off (and once or twice on landing). When I am halfway through the rotation, the runway suddenly "jumps up at me", resulting in the aircraft being level again (with all wheels on the runway). The worst part about this is that the trim is reset to (presumably) default at the same time!! Is this a graphics/mesh loading problem? It only seems to affect the 747 (I have never experienced it with the 737, or any other aircraft). Has anyone else suffered from this?

EDIT: I have just noticed that an issue regarding stutters at 30-40 feet on take off has apparently been resolved. This may well be related to my problem, so I will run the updater, and check it out.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Well, that did not solve the problem. Has the "stutter fix" actually been implemented yet?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Are you referring to item 0005359?  Yes, the problem that a user identified and was verified by PMDG has been fixed but maybe you have a different problem.  None of the beta testers ever saw that behavior.

Can you provide a repeatable set of conditions and configuration that reproduces the problem?

Dan Downs KCRP

I have also experienced this issue not very often just a few times,  after I installed the latest updates.    No I don't have what the conditions where, nor have I tried to recreate it, I just chalked it up as a glitch.   

1 hour ago, johney_30 said:

I have also experienced this issue not very often just a few times,  after I installed the latest updates.    No I don't have what the conditions where, nor have I tried to recreate it, I just chalked it up as a glitch.   

Full names on all posts here please.

If you can provide conditions that recreate the problem then please put it on a trouble ticket.  If you cannot explain how to create a problem that most others are not having then the chances that it gets fixed are pretty slim.

Dan Downs KCRP

I reduced the mesh resolution from 1 metre to 5 metres, and managed to get airborne that time (after four successive failed attempts in a row at the same airport). I will monitor the situation, and report back if I have any further problems.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

What was  the  airport  is  the  question and  does it happen  at  all airports

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

The airport was UK2000 Edinburgh Xtreme, but it's worth pointing out that I departed from that same airport a few weeks ago in the 747, and I did not suffer the issue at that time. However, it is worth noting that I had the issue when landing the plane at the same airport! I have seen it a couple of times elsewhere over the past few weeks, so it is not "airport specific". I completed another couple of short test flights this afternoon (at UK2000 Gatwick Xtreme and Aerosoft Heathrow Xtended) without incident. The vast majority of my flights in the 747 have not resulted in this problem, so only extensive testing with the mesh resolution at 5 metres will give me any idea whether the issue has been completely resolved or not....

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I was having this exact issue at EHAM with the 744. On rotation it would slam back in the ground, and on touchdown the nose would slam down. Only with the 744, nothing else. I remembered I had "detect crashes" disabled in the realism menu and thought maybe the plane was bouncing from what would have been a crash.

So I enable crash detection, and sure enough, on touchdown I would get the crash message, so something was causing my plane to crash. I thought maybe a mesh issue, since it started after installing ORBX global and LC. I moved the FT EHAM scenery library files to the top, above ORBX, and all is well

Hey guys,

I purchased the 747 the other night and had two flights so far, both of them showing the issue from the video, a bit more extreme though. During take off in Oslo, I've been slammed down to the runway twice, no more runway available on the third try at approximately 200 kts. And I also had similar issues during landing.

All I did so far was installing the aircraft and updating it. Never had any similar issues with my 737, 777 or the FSL A320 at the very same airports.

A bit disappointed in the 747 tbh...

Regards,

Markus Bendel

To add to this thread, I also had the exact same thing as mentioned above upon take off out of Fly Tampa EHAM RYW24 on Saturday. I had experienced it once before, can't recall when or where that was, but it is a very rare occurrence for me. I will try that take off from RWY24 EHAM again later today and see if I have the same issue.

Guys,

For the ones that have the issue, can you please advice if you have experienced this in a default airport? If it is happening only on payware sceneries can you indicate which scenery you used and which airport in order for us to investigate further and see if there is indeed an issue with the 744 or is a scenery issue?

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

Sure thing @Olympic260, if it does happen at a stock airport I will report back here. I am also personally in touch with Maggusje so we will keep an eye on this issue together. As mentioned above, I will try and reproduce it at EHAM Fly Tampa later today and report back. Regarding the last time it happened, the one I can't remember, I am pretty sure it was also at an add-on airport, as I usually don't fly in or out of stock airports. I will try some stock airports, however, in order to verify if it does or doesn't happen there. Thing is, I fly the 744 a lot, and till now it has only happened twice.

Update: Just recreated the same flight out of EHAM, same weather conditions, load, fuel, etc. No issues on takeoff..... 

Edited by harvester21
Update

5 hours ago, harvester21 said:

[...]

Update: Just recreated the same flight out of EHAM, same weather conditions, load, fuel, etc. No issues on takeoff..... 

That's basically what I'm afraid of--that the issue is not easily reproducible. I'm just afraid since it happened on both of my flights with the 747 so far. Even once during landing at EHAM/18R...

Will keep you posted, going to to some t/o tonight on vanilla and payware airports.