Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

The latest Laminar Research news post through email

Hey everyone, just wanted to post, that if you (and you should have) got the latest Laminar Research News Posting sent to your personal email address, there was a link about half way down the page to a YouTube video of a female voice overlay, that guided you through all aspects and sliders of the Graphics Section within XP11.  This truly is a very informative and a 'must view', for if you follow along with her, (with her great explanations of each slider, its effect on the FPS load in...etc) you will certainly find the really true Prime Settings, for your computer system and XP11. Not somebody else's...YOURS.

After I viewed the video from start to finish, and then applied her methodology, on the GPU driven side of the menu, and the CPU driven side of the menu.  I arrived at a combo of left and right side settings that gives me great visuals...but more importantly, as she suggested you do (her methodology) to set up your hardest hitting FPS aircraft cockpit, and at the default Seattle Intl...to arrive finally at your highest reach to wanting to always have an FPS reading of 30 , give or take a couple each way...then you will have a prime 'burn in, and leave' Graphic Master Setting for XP11.

As she suggested, and does...if you set your hardest 'glass cockpit', or whatever, and taxi and take off out of Seattle, (default), then you will absolutely know that any other 3rd P, or default scenery, will give you 30 FPS (give or take a couple) in most any XP11 endevour.

Does this methodology work?  It sure does.  I would have never thought to follow the left/right side interaction in the way that is suggested, and by doing so, now have a truly (I'd say for the first time) Prime Master Graphic Setting, for my own system. 

Try it out...watch the video, take the time to follow her procedure to the letter, and you can only come out shining for your system running XP11.

I have reduced (as required) my Texture to High from Max...and truly see no degradation of texture quality. Using her system of combination grooming of the settings, I have now been able to keep Effects to Max...for great night lighting, etc.  Before, I had to keep it at High.  Stuff like that.  Try it out...and I know you will be very pleased with your FPS outcome, for your system components.

Here is my final burnt in settings...for I now can get pretty much 28-45 at any 3rP airport, any heavy Gateway, and with my hardest hitting total Glass cockpits.  With the following set up in XP11, I can now set 'n forget.  For my system, these combined settings give me the max FPS performance in all the XP11 world, 3rP and Default, and in any cockpit I choose to run with.

Eclipse_11.png

A beautiful xEnviro 1.6 sky on our way to Florida today;

Eclipse_12.png

• Upvote 2

With those settings and seeing your fps, you could actually get away with checking the "draw shadows on scenery" feature.  It adds a boost in realism, trust me. :biggrin:

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

49 minutes ago, Jimm said:

With those settings and seeing your fps, you could actually get away with checking the "draw shadows on scenery" feature.  It adds a boost in realism, trust me. :biggrin:

Ok Jimm, I'll give that a try. I have never messed with that box.  If I can keep my 27-and up FPS through all scenarios, I'll certainly keep it on. Thanks for the tip.  These settings, gives me that always at or near 30 FPS...and still looks great in the total visuals.

I'm very pleased with the final result, and won't mess with the settings here-on-out.  Of course, this is prime for my system components, and running a near 4K screen resolution to boot.

Again thanks for the tip!

Mitch

Post Edit: "Jimm, you were right on, Buddy!   Here is a shot at Florida's KPGD, with the Scenery Shadows Box checked as on, and not one FPS hit...your'e the man! This now stays as on!"

Eclipse_13.png

1 hour ago, ginoc1 said:

Don't see the email...can you post the YT link?

Post Edit:  Good news...Silverbird has now posted the vid to this thread. Seek it out, below....!!! :)

Enjoy your settings, after your viewing of the methodology of the vid;

Cheers,

Eclipse_14.png

Looked through both Facebook and twitter sites and no video like that is listed or shown. 

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

1 hour ago, Sesquashtoo said:

Ok Jimm, I'll give that a try. I have never messed with that box.  If I can keep my 27-and up FPS through all scenarios, I'll certainly keep it on. Thanks for the tip.  These settings, gives me that always at or near 30 FPS...and still looks great in the total visuals.

I'm very pleased with the final result, and won't mess with the settings here-on-out.  Of course, this is prime for my system components, and running a near 4K screen resolution to boot.

Again thanks for the tip!

Mitch

Post Edit: "Jimm, you were right on, Buddy!   Here is a shot at Florida's KPGD, with the Scenery Shadows Box checked as on, and not one FPS hit...your'e the man! This now stays as on!"

Eclipse_13.png

That sure is a sweet shot my friend.  I'm off to Italy. :)

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

49 minutes ago, warbirds said:

Looked through both Facebook and twitter sites and no video like that is listed or shown. 

Silverbird has posted the vid to this thread below....

6 minutes ago, Sesquashtoo said:

I wish now that I didn't read and then delete, which is my usual m/o.  I'd suggest as I did earlier on...to go and sign up for their NEWS/UPDATE's with your email address, and it (the latest with this vid link mid way down the posting) will be surely sent to you. I only received it a couple of days ago.  You know you will see the right YouTube vid, for the link brings it up directly.  The female voice over, and the ensuing content.

Until you can actually view this particular, vid, perhaps try my exact same settings out as you see them, and see if that boosts for the time being, your total rendering quality/FPS max sustainable, until you can truly set it up for your own unique system.  

Cheers,

This video ? 

• Upvote 1

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.

6 minutes ago, Silverbird said:

This video ? 

THIS IS THE ONE!    Thank you for posting...this is it!

Enjoy, everyone!

Mitch

14 minutes ago, Sesquashtoo said:

I wish now that I didn't read and then delete, which is my usual m/o.  I'd suggest as I did earlier on...to go and sign up for their NEWS/UPDATE's with your email address, and it (the latest with this vid link mid way down the posting) will be surely sent to you. I only received it a couple of days ago.  You know you will see the right YouTube vid, for the link brings it up directly.  The female voice over, and the ensuing content.

I signed up only now,but didn't get the post yet, hope it still will come. Otherwise, maybe you have the youtubelink in your history?

Oh, i see the vid is here now, forget my post.

MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Plus | Intel Core i9-10900K @ 5.3GHz | 64GB Corsair Vengeance | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3090 | 500 GB M.2 NVMe for win | 2TB M.2 NVMe for FS2020 | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog

Eric from EHAM, a flying Dutchman.

HI Mitch no problem :) once  you said the girl voice it came straight to my head lol

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.

1 hour ago, ginoc1 said:

Don't see the email...can you post the YT link?

The exact vid has now been posted to this thread.  Everyone can now utilize the information and methodology within.

1 minute ago, Silverbird said:

HI Mitch no problem :) once  you said the girl voice it came straight to my head lol

Thank you so much!  Yes, I had deleted the sent email within  the hour I had read the News Update, and then viewed and adjusted my XP11 to match her method. :))))

4 minutes ago, Wildblue said:

I signed up only now,but didn't get the post yet, hope it still will come. Otherwise, maybe you have the youtubelink in your history?

Wildblue, the exact vid I am referencing is now posted within this thread. Find it and then enjoy. Silverbird posted it, and again, thanks to him for that!

If this exact following and suggestions of this vid author doesn't spice up your XP11...then nothing will...nothing...lol!