Sign in to follow this  
Patco Lch

TFDi 717 tempts me like a wayward woman

But I know she has bugs. Please, if you own her I would love to hear your prognosis after the resent up date install. Besides a whole different flight deck, FMC for a Boeing man to learn, I'm still worried the bugs would cause me to hanger my 60 bucks. Opinions appreciated.

Vic green

It's perfectly flyable and a very nice aircraft... That is unless you are one of those persons that says xx feature doesn't work precisely as I want so it's unflyable and hangared.

Looks like lots of improvements coming down the pipeline to make it even better. Downloading the update right now.

She gets me hot too...

Oh, and I'm tempted to pick her as well..

7900X OC @ 4.8GHz | ASRock Fatal1ty X299 Professional | 2 x EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (SLI) | 32GB G.Skill DDR4 2800

Why is it so easy to imagine Ted in a 3-way...

• Upvote 1

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Last night's patch definitely fixes a lot of issues and she is perfectly flyable... has been since January.  But man, she can suck some VAS... appears to be even worse with the patch (maybe even surpassing the FSL A320).  As long as you don't take her out to any fancy airports, she should make you happy :biggrin:.

Wayward woman...?

Tempting but you'll hate yourself afterward? Looks great but is sadly distant and detached? Promises much but provides only the bare minimum? Hope nobody sees you 'flying' it?

Kind of a tortured metaphor perhaps? :biggrin:

I guess I'll have to try the update and see.:happy:

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

Will continue passing by on this one. In theory it was officially released back in December 2016, and is still in beta!.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

It's actually very nice and handflies absolutely fantastic. The latest update has definitely ironed out the major bugs and after a quick test flight with the newest version I can see myself spending many hours with it indeed.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, edpatino said:

Will continue passing by on this one. In theory it was officially released back in December 2016, and is still in beta!.

Cheers, Ed

You realize the point of a community opt-in beta, right? The aircraft is not in beta. An update for it is. Look at the Community Test Environment for the Battlefield series, for example. The game has been fully playable for months, but the Community Test Environment is used as a platform for testing new additions before pushing them to all. The same concept applies to the 717. One cannot release a flawless product first try, as no amount of internal testing will find every single bug in every single hardware/software configuration.

Brandon Filer

Sorry for disagreeing, but you could call it the way you like, just beta or opt-in beta, but according to a myriad of reports here and in your forums, the "normal" - or the non "opt-in beta" - is still not flyable as a B717 the way it should (lots of FMS issues including ILS approach and descent capabilities, for instance). In my opinion, you would had been better off if you had released this aircraft back in December as an "early release" and not as a presumably finished product.

Good luck, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

8 minutes ago, edpatino said:

Sorry for disagreeing, but you could call it the way you like, just beta or opt-in beta, but according to a myriad of reports here and in your forums, the "normal" - or the non "opt-in beta" - is still not flyable as a B717 the way it should (lots of FMS issues including ILS approach and descent capabilities, for instance). In my opinion, you would had been better off if you had released this aircraft back in December as an "early release" and not as a presumably finished product.

Good luck, Ed

Which would be why the product page and release announcement even stated that we'd be releasing updates over time. The issues you mention are fixed. Whether you choose to install the build that contains those fixes is entirely up to you.

• Upvote 1

Brandon Filer

My two cents. I am madly in love with this plane. I have not experienced any vas issues even though I fly payware CYYZ and KBOS, to name a couple.  Perhaps not being a real world pilot, i could overlook certain technical aspects but otherwise,  it looks great, sounds great and is a blast to handfly. 

• Upvote 1

Mario Di Lauro

Well, I tried the latest beta.

Not bad. Lots of improvement. Still the slide-show displays occasionally; which I really hate. Didn't notice any VAS issues. It has about the same VAS footprint as my other study sims.

Didn't try the FMS...just a quick fly-around using the 'ready to fly' setup.

Definitely getting there. 

• Upvote 1

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

2 hours ago, edpatino said:

Good luck, Ed

I see you own a lot of Carenado garbage. They are the kings of unfinished products!

• Upvote 2

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

32 minutes ago, petkez said:

I see you own a lot of Carenado garbage

We'll, not too many, but you're not obliged to buy them anyway :cool:

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed