Sign in to follow this  
Patco Lch

TFDi 717 tempts me like a wayward woman

2 hours ago, edpatino said:

We'll, not too many, but you're not obliged to buy them anyway :cool:

Cheers, Ed

Everyone  knows  you got  some  thing  against the tfdi717 so  cant  see why you keep posting  your thoughts when ever  a topic  appears  on the tfdi 717, when you havnt  actually  bought  the plane.

• Upvote 3

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

31 minutes ago, pete_auau said:

Everyone  knows  you got  some  thing  against the tfdi717 so  cant  see why you keep posting  your thoughts when ever  a topic  appears  on the tfdi 717, when you havnt  actually  bought  the plane.

You said what I was thinking....I have noticed this.

Johnny Crockett
7700K @5ghz | Asus GTX 1070 | G.Skill 16GB 3600 | P3D V4

I'm on the fence to grab this one as well. But since P3D V4 and FSW are close i guess i'll wait. BTW what is the TFDi position regarding the V4 update?

5 hours ago, pete_auau said:

Bingo.  

Thanks to all for the advice. Still undecided for now but I'm sure the717 is in my future as I think the DC-9 series is one of the most geometrically beautiful aircraft made, and I love her short haul mission. I rode on her many times as a passenger and even in the front office a couple of times on FAM trips as a controller.(DC-9 that is).

I have the Leonardo which is dated and the Cool Sky doesn't function in WD10. Realy want a good study plane from the DC-9 family.

Vic green

Hi Vic,

THIS - is what I'm waiting for "Cool Sky doesn't function in WD10" - some stated they have it working - Win10/P3D is a no-go for me...

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

19 hours ago, edpatino said:

Will continue passing by on this one. In theory it was officially released back in December 2016, and is still in beta!.

That's quite enough Ed. You've made your decision abundantly clear and there's absolutely no need for you to keep harping on that decision in every single thread where this aircraft is mentioned.

Believe me, no one really cares about your decision, or your reasons for that matter.

• Upvote 4

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

18 hours ago, RichieFly said:

Well, I tried the latest beta.

Not bad. Lots of improvement. Still the slide-show displays occasionally; which I really hate. Didn't notice any VAS issues. It has about the same VAS footprint as my other study sims.

Didn't try the FMS...just a quick fly-around using the 'ready to fly' setup.

Definitely getting there. 

Richie, does this issue persist with hardware rendering enabled/disabled in the addon manager?

7 minutes ago, GameSyns said:

Richie, does this issue persist with hardware rendering enabled/disabled in the addon manager?

I'll check and get back to you.

I can say that it seems to be intermittent, which is better than what I was getting. I believe hardware rendering was on, but I'm not sure. I'll get back to you in awhile.

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

Tried it with Hardware Accl on and off. This is with P3d using the hardware in my sig.

It was ON before. I tried it with HA off.

I didn't notice the display stuttering. VAS was very good. 

This was hardly a thorough test, so FWIT. The overall performance was OK but not great.

My guess is that HA improves the overall performance but, for me, will introduce the display stuttering from time to time. If this is the case, I'd take intermittent stuttering over overall performance degradation. 

Keep going and good luck. The 717 really is making good strides.

• Upvote 1

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

I broke down and purchased her last night and I  really enjoy the plane so far. A lot to learn on my part and think once the team is finished with her the 717 will be as much a have to have as any of PMDG's productions. Beautiful graphics and a great sound system, really gives you the feeling of being in the real thing. A real diamond in the rough. Maybe in a year or two Mr. Bryan York   will make a crew for her and I can see it replacing NGX as my go to plane.

• Upvote 1

Vic green

Count me in also. Handling, looks & sound. Turn the AP/ATS off & fly inside the window or else the ATS lets you know. Have not been able to mute annoying audio annunciators yet only thing wrong beside occasional flutters. Needs a higher end machine & hoovers VAS but still solid.  Tom McDonald

• Upvote 1

Nice product and with the new update, it is very good.  Still can't quite find the centerline by itself, but that should come soon.  Autoland is not my normal operation so it doesn't matter much.