Sign in to follow this  
theskyisthelimit

ailerons twitching/sticking in sim and calibration ch flight yoke axis bouncing everywhere twitching, pots?

At this point i've tried everything with my old ch flight yoke.. i've tried powered hubs, directly in the pc, various usb ports there, thought i had one that worked more stable.. now the issue is back

If you sit on the calibration screen even in windows "setup game controllers".. you can see the aileron roll cross hair bounce left and right on its own, or not go to the limits if you move it, but rather stick, then suddenly fly right.

Could this be a Potentiometer or pots issue.. i've heard for usb and the yoke they rarely go bad (i had one go bad in the ch pedals before).. trying to troubleshoot this one last time before i end up spending $180 on a new yoke of some kind (maybe a saitek this time, unsure)

Thanks in advance, hoping someone has ran into this and knows how to cure it.

MSI z690-a Unify; 1000 watt evga SuperNova Platinum; 12900kf at 1.255 adaptive LLC6, auto avx, auto Pcore, E-4.0ghz, Ring-4.1ghz, PL 241watt (Cine96c, games 83c case side On); DDR5 Gskill F5-6400J3239G16GA2-TZ5RS  at 6400mhz autovolt, Kraken x73 360mm; Thermaltake v51 Case; Gigabyte 4090 OC;  VR-Varjo Aero;  AstronomicallySpeaking:

Have you tried wacking it on the top, I mean a good wack, not a Nana one. I have to do that with mine on occasion.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

9 hours ago, bobnv said:

Have you tried http://www.ch-hangar.com/forum/ ?   They may give some help.

I hadnt, but have now, thanks for that suggestion..

MSI z690-a Unify; 1000 watt evga SuperNova Platinum; 12900kf at 1.255 adaptive LLC6, auto avx, auto Pcore, E-4.0ghz, Ring-4.1ghz, PL 241watt (Cine96c, games 83c case side On); DDR5 Gskill F5-6400J3239G16GA2-TZ5RS  at 6400mhz autovolt, Kraken x73 360mm; Thermaltake v51 Case; Gigabyte 4090 OC;  VR-Varjo Aero;  AstronomicallySpeaking:

On 5/5/2017 at 0:29 AM, bobnv said:

Have you tried http://www.ch-hangar.com/forum/ ?   They may give some help.

Actually, for some reason, i cant even seem to post a new post there.. i get the whole editor to make one, then after hitting submit it takes you back to the forum listing and doesnt post it (preview does the same thing)

Sorry to hear that, it once was a helpful place.  I'm no expert on anything, but if it were me, I'd get inside the yolk.  I found this mod a while back, & change the springs to rubber bands.  It will at least show the inside workings.  You say your thinking about a new yolk anyhow, & your not happy with it now, give it a shot.   Good luck

Axis twitching/sticking is almost always indicative of a dirty or bad pot.  First option is to use a contact cleaner on the trouble pot... if that doesn't help then the pot is bad.  Keep in mind that pots that go bad usually do so because of a poor flight controller design (which puts undue physical loads on the pot).

If you've had the yoke for a while and this problem is fairly recent then there's a good chance the pot is just dirty.  A good cleaning and it'll be good to go!

Good luck,

Greg

On 5/7/2017 at 9:00 PM, lownslo said:

Axis twitching/sticking is almost always indicative of a dirty or bad pot.  First option is to use a contact cleaner on the trouble pot... if that doesn't help then the pot is bad.  Keep in mind that pots that go bad usually do so because of a poor flight controller design (which puts undue physical loads on the pot).

If you've had the yoke for a while and this problem is fairly recent then there's a good chance the pot is just dirty.  A good cleaning and it'll be good to go!

Good luck,

Greg

What are these pots and where are they? is there a tutorial to open this thing and/or how to clean them?

Thanks!

SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.