Sign in to follow this  

Hello. 

I have an issue I am trying to get to grips with. I recently bought the 1080TI ROG strix OC edition but the vendor accidently sent me a regular ROG strix without the factory OC. I got to keep this card until they sent me the real deal. So I've been using the regular card for about a week with great performance. Yesterday I swapped to the OC-version. Now the odd issue: 

When I used the standard non-OC ROG Strix 1080TI my performance was about double what I get now with the OC version. I seem to be locked at 30 FPS regardless of game! Highly annoying. Shutting down vertical sync does nothing. To my knowledge I have no frame limiter in effect. Doing the Furmark benchmark I am also locked at 30fps and get low score. According to Furmark benchmark the card is about 25% used with a temp of 50 degrees C. 

What is going on?

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

If you haven't already done so, it's well worth reinstalling NVIDIA drivers when swapping graphics cards - select the custom, clean install option. If you have a 60Hz monitor, 30 FPS would sound suspiciously like 1/2 refresh rate adaptive vsync. I would recheck that it's definitely off in the global and program-specific tabs in the NVIDIA Control Panel. If you use NVIDIA Profile Inspector, try uninstalling it (exporting any customised profiles first) and retry your card.

• Upvote 1

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

On 2017-05-05 at 11:15 AM, vortex681 said:

If you haven't already done so, it's well worth reinstalling NVIDIA drivers when swapping graphics cards - select the custom, clean install option. If you have a 60Hz monitor, 30 FPS would sound suspiciously like 1/2 refresh rate adaptive vsync. I would recheck that it's definitely off in the global and program-specific tabs in the NVIDIA Control Panel. If you use NVIDIA Profile Inspector, try uninstalling it (exporting any customised profiles first) and retry your card.

Hello and thanks for the tip!

Yes. A re-install did the trick. In nvidia Geforce Experience I just chose to reinstall and checked the "Fresh install"-checkbox. Now I have great performance again!

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

7 hours ago, Swe_Richard said:

Hello and thanks for the tip!

Yes. A re-install did the trick. In nvidia Geforce Experience I just chose to reinstall and checked the "Fresh install"-checkbox. Now I have great performance again!

Glad it works now!

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit