Sign in to follow this  
jabloomf1230

New real world tubeliner built in China the Comal C919

Yes there is and has been. It is by Camil Valiquette and available in several (fictional) liveries. 

Joe Balmas

Does anyone know if they're just bolting on G.E. engines, or are they building part of the engines there with G.E. assistance?

Also I found this statement amusing in the NYT article: "G.E. said in an email that legal agreements protected its intellectual property from misuse."

Uh huh, right. :ha:

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

737 rip off.  roll the dice, take a flight.

spacer.png

I see C919, and I see parts very, very similar to several airplanes, is it that I'm seeing things?
I'm curious to see compartments for small objects.
Well, a friend of mine has a JAC car, very similar with a Toyota Corolla, the JAC in front doors has a compartment to deposit objects, with a small inconvenience, if you deposit a pen, you must fish to withdraw, it is practically impossible to reach The background with the hands.

João Alfredo

It is impossible to please Greeks and Trojans

É impossivel agradar Gregos e Troianos

4 hours ago, Boomer said:

737 rip off.  roll the dice, take a flight.

It is the size of a C-Series or E-Jet, the closest thing Boeing had was the 737-600 and even that is too big for this class, and also discontinued. Boeing is out of this market.

To be honest it is about time China builds their own aviation industry to sustain its own market, way overdue

Matthew Kane

3 hours ago, ytzpilot said:

To be honest it is about time China builds their own aviation industry to sustain its own market, way overdue

Yes, I'm surprised it hasn't happened sooner. Although from what I've heard, civil aviation over there is something of a mess, with much of the airspace controlled by the military. Maybe that's holding things back.  

I'm also surprised there isn't a competitive Chinese civilian helicopter industry by now. Maybe it's because they don't have much of an offshore oil & gas industry yet (but they're working on it, with all that sandcastle building in the South China Sea).

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

No surprise really that China is building its own jetlners, after all, they already knock out the A320 and a large part of the Boeing 737, and if the quality control is the same then there is no real reason why such a jet would be any less reliable than either an A320 or a 737. China has of course made knock-off MiGs and Sukhois under the Shenyang name for decades, i.e the Shenyang J7 is basically a MiG 21, which sold well internationally to many African, Asian and South American nations, principally because it was craploads cheaper than an actual genuine Russian-made MiG-21 and so enabled poorer nations to field a very large air force at a low cost, which like the notion of vast numbers of Russian T-34s swamping the technically superior but numerically inferior German tanks of WW2, has always been a fairly simple but usually successful military tactic/deterrent, if not one without severe attrition should actual shooting commence.

Well over half of the world's manufacturing has gone over there from the West, including the vast majority of shipbuilding and attendant industries, such as steel production, which is why there is increasing unemployment in the West of course and why Donald Trump and other Western leaders have a weed up their arses about the nation, since China will inevitably end up as the world's major superpower sooner or later. Your iPhone and in fact pretty much all Android smart phones are assembled in China by Foxxconn, and the ones which aren't made there are invariably made in South Korea, Taiwan or Malaysia. General Motors, MG, Buick, Chevrolet, Iveco, Skoda, Volkswagen, Cummins, Honda, Nissan, Infiniti, Peugeot, Citroen and Renault all get stuff knocked up in China too, so it's no great revelation that when they are making all kinds of stuff for all kinds of companies, they would have to know how to do that and have the technology, machinery and personnel to make it possible, and if they have that, then creating an airliners is no great stretch when you have, and have had for decades, software-controlled CNC cutting and milling machines, surface mount IT technology, sliding mold technology etc, etc. Not to mention massive and cheap to employ workforce as well.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

I apologize for my phone's overzealous  spellchecker. The Chinese aircraft brand is obviously  Comac, Commercial Aircraft Corporation of China.