Sign in to follow this  
Zatoichi

My D'oh Moment FSX

I had decided to reinstall my Carenado because of an issue with the center MFD.

From there things went rapidly downhill.
I ended up reinstalling FSX completely including the error 1607 syndrome. Oh my, great way to spend the evening, right?
I am fairly computer savvy having owned one since the late 1970s. Registry entries, ini files etc.

I finally get FSX reinstalled - whew.

I install my sweet EMB505. Here we go...

I get it running and as soon as the g1000 initializes I get OOM.
Pardon me? Never had that before, NEVER.

Uninstall FSX, again. Reinstall and verify it runs with all sliders at max on a stock airplane. No issue.

I install my EMB505 once again. Cross my fingers and load it up. 

All I see in the preview panel is the glass. There is no aircraft body. 
Oh jeez. Well, let's see what the insides reveal. Three black squares where the MFDs belong and nothing else.

Uninstall Carenado product, reinstall run FSX again, oh my goodness! The game's afoot.

I go to bed wondering where the error lies.

I wake and try it again...a good reboot solves issues sometimes. Nope.

Then I have my D'oh moment while going through the Settings portion of the Menu.
"There's no checkbox for Direct X preview?"

I had not installed the updates, SP1 & SP2.

And of course after the prince kissed Snow White FSX ran happily ever after.

• Upvote 1

Funny story, but all's well that ends well.  And they all breathed a sigh of relief, for tis all about the checklist my good man.

I use an install checklist created in Excel as a failsafe, just so that even the tinyest element in FSX never gets overlooked, even down to the install order of various aircraft mods, scenery tweaks, and utilities.

The big question did the total reinstall eventually fix your Carenado Phenom MFD problem.

2 hours ago, Jethro said:

Funny story, but all's well that ends well.  And they all breathed a sigh of relief, for tis all about the checklist my good man.

I use an install checklist created in Excel as a failsafe, just so that even the tinyest element in FSX never gets overlooked, even down to the install order of various aircraft mods, scenery tweaks, and utilities.

The big question did the total reinstall eventually fix your Carenado Phenom MFD problem.

Absolutely.

;)