Sign in to follow this  
DTG_Cryss

Ask The Devs - Flight Sim World Q+A

Hey, 

I've been trawling the forums here, on Steam and AVSIM for the last few days and I'm inundated with questions. 

That said, we want to try and tackle as many of these as possible. 

That's why next Thursday at 6pm GMT, we'll be hosting a live stream where we answer your questions live on air, giveaway some copies of FSW and some other cool things. 

You can join us on https://www.twitch.tv/dovetailgames or submit your questions below. 

Thanks guys, have a great weekend! 

Dovetail Flight Community Manager: Catch me on Twitch

Shortys:

-sloped runways?

-will the graphics improve? Sry, but doesn`t look like next gen, more like a pimped FSX, or similar to MSFlight, which i already have.

-fully functional and clickable cockpits?

-later content (scenery,airraft etc.) also from DTG or just from 3rd parties ?

-career/missions only hand made or also auto/computer generated? (thinking of MSFlight`s job board which was great...)

- Real Weather: METAR / winds / temps / turb Aloft downloads possible?

- What type of ATC? Just like in FSX ? A newer, more complete version ? 

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I got lots.

Have the time zones been updated to match the real world as well as daylight saving dates?

While we are speaking about time, if one selects use sim time with current time, will the UTC Time of the computer be used as the UTC Time of the Flight Simulator? I feel this would be convenient for people who fly in real time. Also, if that option's selected, the UTC Time of the Flight Simulator should be synced with the UTC Time of the computer.

I know this is mostly for commercial aircraft but has the Jetway system been rectified? By that, I mean lowering the Jetway without sinking wheels, support multiple jetways in a single gate, etc, similar to the jetways used by SODE.

Also, will there be more ground services? Again, for commercial aircraft but in case 3PDs release them. FSX introduced Fuel Trucks, Push-back Trucks, and baggage handlers, but I feel this can be taken an extra step further. Have stairways, catering services, and cargo handlers. Also like GSX, will there be an Interface for Ground Services, including fuel trucks and push-back trucks? As for push-back trucks, will push-back be based on airport data and be on the taxiway line?

Will runways be sloped and have AI traffic use them? I remember this being discussed months ago.

Are there cloud shadows? Speaking of clouds, will real world weather be supported?

As for measurements, will "Hybrid" be based on some factors, such as Altimeter being in in-Hg in the US (and maybe Canada?), with QNH everywhere else; altitudes in metric in some Asian countries, with feet used everywhere else; and other units (KGS vs LBS and in rare occasions, °C vs °F) can be used together (but is dependent on airliners)?

To expand on Altimeter, will Transition altitudes be dependent on location (in the US and Canada, transition altitudes are always at 18000ft, while in other countries, it varies)?

Finally, will ATC use SIDs and STARs, as well as altitude and speed restrictions?

Júnior Silva

Is there any significant re-architecture to use multi-core or GPU?

What improvements were made to flight dynamics? Did you get rid of .air files and move everything to a .cfg text file or XML?

Any improvements to the gauge system?

Any improvements to the weather engine? Does it work with external real world weather programs. Are there proper API's so that hacking is no longer required to control weather?

Any plans to make a better ATC, or provide proper API's for adding an external ATC to properly manage traffic?

Has the lighting system improved (eg for attaching lights to aircraft or scenery). This means lights that actually light up other objects, cast shadows, illuminate the ground etc.

Any other improvements to the terrain/scenery engine, to fix autogen popping, detail distance etc? Maybe get rid of landclass and make a fully vector-based terrain system?

Adding anything like SODE to the SDK?

Which 3D modeling tools are supported in the SDK that might be useable by indie devs or hobbyists (eg. Maya LT, Blender)?

Will the SDK make it possible to use existing dev tools such as ADE, SbuilderX, ModelConverterX?

Barry Friedman

10 hours ago, fshobby said:

Is there any significant re-architecture to use multi-core or GPU?

In the announcement video, they mention that they have tried to re-balance the usage of the CPU and GPU. That would explain why the minimum GPU is apparently a GTX 970.

Why have you not engaged in other forums such as Flightsim, Sim Outhouse, or Simviation? You did take a crack at involving FSDeveloper but there was no real follow through.They are part of the "community" to me.

I'm a developer. Tell me specifically what tools will be required to develop content for your sim. Then tell me what the requirements will be if I wish to provide a freeware plane for your sim. After that, I need to understand the requirements to market a payware release.

In terms of payware content, what is the breakdown in terms of who gets a percentage of what?

The introduction video shows Garmin 430 and 530 GPS in the cockpit. Are these fully modeled, with the features of the real ones including procedures?

Also, what is the navdata format for these, and can they be user-updated?

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

Which aircraft are included in base product. Can we modify local airfields like in old fsx days. 

Does the graphic engine support Nvidia Simultaneous Multi-Projection, for multi-view purpose?

I almost forgot this one. Will V-Sync be supported. Seeing that the GTX 970 is the minimum requirement, will Fast Sync be supported as well. On top of that, will there be more advanced Anti-Aliasing options such as Off, 2x, 4x, and 8x; FXAA, TSAA, and MFAA as checkboxes; Super Sampling and Sparse Grid Super Sampling; and advanced Anisotropic Filtering such as 2x, 4x, 8x, and 16x.

Júnior Silva

I understand this thread to be Q & A.  I see a bunch of Qs but no As??????  C'mon Man!!!!  Gimme sum As...pleeeze

i5-6600K 3.5Ghz OC to 4.5GHz|CorsairH60 Liq Cooler|GA-Z170X-Gaming 7|GTX 1070|G.Skill Trident DDR4-3200 32GB|950 PRO M.2 250GB|850 EVO 500GB|2TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD|FractalDesign R4|Corsair RMx 750W|Win10 64bit Home|MSFS2020

I love the smell of Jet-A in the morning!

Robert Pressley a.k.a. SmokeDiddy

48 minutes ago, pressler said:

I understand this thread to be Q & A.  I see a bunch of Qs but no As??????  C'mon Man!!!!  Gimme sum As...pleeeze

Read the first post. Slowly. 

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, Chapstick said:

Read the first post. Slowly. 

Well don't I look like a complete a-hole!  hahahaha...my bad.  Oh well, I'll go back to my bicycle build with no instructions.

i5-6600K 3.5Ghz OC to 4.5GHz|CorsairH60 Liq Cooler|GA-Z170X-Gaming 7|GTX 1070|G.Skill Trident DDR4-3200 32GB|950 PRO M.2 250GB|850 EVO 500GB|2TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD|FractalDesign R4|Corsair RMx 750W|Win10 64bit Home|MSFS2020

I love the smell of Jet-A in the morning!

Robert Pressley a.k.a. SmokeDiddy

One question.

Will there be SLI support?

Thank you and look forward to watching the progress! Cheers :)

4790k / 16gb / 1080ti / lotsa ssd's / 1440p / TM Warthog & Tflight Pedals