Sign in to follow this  
DTG_Cryss

Ask The Devs - Flight Sim World Q+A

Looking forward to trying it out.

1. Will the lighting system be improved?

2. Will ATC support emergencies?

3. Will random failures be modelled?

4. Do you have a release date ;-)

My question would be about the Boeing license that DTG aquirired 

Are you going to develop Boeing aircrafts addons for FSW?

Asus Rampage VI Extreme Encore(water Cooled) EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Hybrid, 64 DD4 @ 2800 2 x 2x M.2 in raid 0.

I have a simple question ..

When putting FSW next to the older FSX . What can we expect to see thats new ???

Also is there any similar capabilitys built in to achieve FSUIPC features ??? 

On the other hand i see some people assuming they seem to know what DTG Business model may be in the future and complaint but at the same time dont have a problem with throwing money at LM to in a way be a paid beta tester ??? By the way i also use P3D and im happy with it ... i just had to get this out of my head .. im way to realistic must of the times ..

Image removed as image is no longer available.

3 minutes ago, rtodepart said:

On the other hand i see some people assuming they seem to know what DTG Business model may be in the future and complaint but at the same time dont have a problem with throwing money at LM to in a way be a paid beta tester ??? By the way i also use P3D and im happy with it ... i just had to get this out of my head .. im way to realistic must of the times ..

+1

Asus Rampage VI Extreme Encore(water Cooled) EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Hybrid, 64 DD4 @ 2800 2 x 2x M.2 in raid 0.

15 hours ago, Boomer said:

I have no time for ridiculous twitch feeds.  I asK DTG to answer questions posted here.

You need to be aware that many of us are very dubious of your business model and motives.  And, given your company's pedigree, I am very doubtful your offering will fit this communitys needs.

To DTG, I have time for your Twitch feed and any other feed/forum that you make use of to convey information.  Please make your Twitch feed available as a video on Youtube for those that cannot catch up on Twitch.  I would never be so presumptuous to claim that your business model is dubious however I figure that it is one where the bottom line matters and good on you for that.  Given your company's pedigree ( as a returning flight simmer I found DTG flight school very useful and a good consumer experience )  I am hopeful that your offering will fulfill the needs of many in community.  No doubt with the upcoming Twitch feed you will be trolling through the questions here because there are many positive posts that would be enlightening if answered.

Its not the years in your life but the life in your years that count !

18 hours ago, B777ER said:

Based on Robert from PMDG's op-ed on the main page I shall be going nowhere near this if they force developers to co-locate their products on DTG's Steam channel. I forsee many following my lead. If this in fact bears out as true, I should think LM's v 4 64bit will be the main hub for most in here. DTG would be well served in knowing many are long time loyal customers of these products and will not take lightly a company whose aim is to siphon off hard earned profits from companies that support our hobby now for many years. The scale is never going to be able to to support those companies giving up profit margins to DTG/Steam that they never had to in the past or currently with Lockheed Martin. Therefore I will never support DTG. 

I think this is a short term response and one the community is very angry about and rightly so. However...

Dovetail have some weapons in the form of fresh ideas, key partner associations and accssibility which I think they'll use to introduce to a new player base. If this can gain momentum then a lot more developers will be forced to move over to the new platform.

Look some people have been wrapped up in the community for so long they still can't see that X-Plane and P3D are still really bad products for growing interest in our genre. Where does that leave the hardcore simmers, well out in the cold, maybe some will try for novelty, maybe not but Dovetail FSW right now is on a journey and we shouldn't forget that.

This is early days and until FSW becomes a proper platform at least to the level of FSX, it is unlikely to take off with the hardcode community here, but developers can help here and I don't think they will necessarily freeze out the Dovetail's platform if there is profit to be made, even if it's reduced profit. It really depends on how quickly Dovetail can build a userbase to make such a transition viable.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, dtrjones said:

Look some people have been wrapped up in the community for so long they still can't see that X-Plane and P3D are still really bad products for growing interest in our genre.

We shouldn't even try since we are a niche.  Certainly lowering the quality bar is not the way regardless.

spacer.png

3 hours ago, Boomer said:

We shouldn't even try since we are a niche. 

Niche?

Last year, Microsoft Flight Simulator was ranked #23 in Time Magazine's 50 Best Video Games of All Time.  http://time.com/4458554/best-video-games-all-time/

Although MS never released sales numbers, Statista ranked Microsoft Flight Simulator as number 4 among the best selling PC games worldwide (5.12 million copies) https://www.statista.com/statistics/275226/best-selling-pc-games-of-all-time-worldwide/

• Upvote 1

On 5/8/2017 at 5:37 AM, philphy42 said:

To DTG, I have time for your Twitch feed and any other feed/forum that you make use of to convey information.  Please make your Twitch feed available as a video on Youtube for those that cannot catch up on Twitch.  I would never be so presumptuous to claim that your business model is dubious however I figure that it is one where the bottom line matters and good on you for that.  Given your company's pedigree ( as a returning flight simmer I found DTG flight school very useful and a good consumer experience )  I am hopeful that your offering will fulfill the needs of many in community.  No doubt with the upcoming Twitch feed you will be trolling through the questions here because there are many positive posts that would be enlightening if answered.

Its not the years in your life but the life in your years that count !

I'm the social media / community guy, I'll be breaking down the Twitch stream, doing write ups, making videos that cover key points. 

We've got you covered! 

• Upvote 1

Dovetail Flight Community Manager: Catch me on Twitch

1 hour ago, DTG_Cryss said:

I'm the social media / community guy, I'll be breaking down the Twitch stream, doing write ups, making videos that cover key points. 

We've got you covered! 

Yes, would be great if there was also a YT video of the Twitch stream, for those of us who can't/don't make it.

• Are 3rd Party developers going to be required to sell their product on Steam as well, or would that be optional?
  • Will the SDK be freely available?
  • I want to fly an airliner as realistic as PMDG's NGX and T7, for example, will I be able to do this in FSW?

That is all I can think of for now, apologies if I repeated a question already asked in this thread.

One of the things I like about XP11, and I have to say I'm not really enamored with XP11, is Plane Maker.  My question is will we mere mortal simming plebs have access to easily tinker with planes ? Either modelling, changing flight parameters or simply doing re-paints ?  I figure this would be via the SDK but with XP11, Plane Maker, I think they really nailed this portion of the hobby, which in my opinion extends beyond simply flying.

Will developers be free to set the price for sales on Steam, and to set a price that differs (perhaps significantly) from other channels? 

• Upvote 1

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

Have you done anything to better utilize multi threading? As you know, there are 8 core / 16 thread consumer prized CPUs available these days.

A future proof sim platform needs to do this and performance should scale with available parallel computing power.