Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

PMDG's Official Position on DTG's: FSW, pending P3D update, etc...

If I was a betting man (which I'm not) I would bet that PMDG is working on their own sim given the fact that they look a run at purchasing ESP (maybe wrong on the abbreviation) from Microsoft!

i wouldn't put it past these "Pigeon Works" operators aka Skunk Works in the old LM days!!!

1 minute ago, AirCanada235 said:

If I was a betting man (which I'm not) I would bet that PMDG is working on their own sim ...i wouldn't put it past these "Pigeon Works" operators aka Skunk Works in the old LM days!!!

Dang it!  I need to know sooner as opposed to later if this is true soas I can start saving...!

spacer.png

1 hour ago, AirCanada235 said:

i wouldn't put it past these "Pigeon Works" operators aka Skunk Works in the old LM days!!!

Up until a few weeks ago, I was the only one really flying the Pigeon Works banner, working on various things.

An entire sim would be quite the endeavor, but well above my expertise and abilities. I appreciate the vote of confidence, but I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed. :tongue:

• Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers

3 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

Up until a few weeks ago, I was the only one really flying the Pigeon Works banner, working on various things.

An entire sim would be quite the endeavor, but well above my expertise and abilities. I appreciate the vote of confidence, but I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed. :tongue:

You don't give yourself enough credit Kyle!  You and the team have mad skills

• Upvote 2

19 hours ago, AirCanada235 said:

You don't give yourself enough credit Kyle!  You and the team have mad skills

I agree with AirCanda235 here, a sim at PMDG's standards would blow all the others out the water!

4 hours ago, SirBismuth said:

I agree with AirCanda235 here, a sim at PMDG's standards would blow all the others out the water!

A sim from PMDG? No thanks...I do not have a lifetime to wait for a new flight sim.

Anthony A. Moise

fbsupporter2.jpg

I don't think more simulators is what we need at the moment.  We have several very capable ones and adding more will only dilute revenue streams more as 1) cross dev takes time and money, 2) some sims are bound to fail and that means lost investment.  I know PMDG has a lot of involvement with the P3D team, FSX will be viable for a few more years until MS makes us all move to Windows 10S.  Who knows, Aerofly FS is in its infancy but it could continue to mature, and don't forget that X-Plane is growing and has many loyal die-hard fans.

I am more concerned that the community is becoming fragmented and that is dangerous; it can do more harm than good if a stable community becomes fractured.  I do believe that PMDG will continue to thrive in the P3D world, but it will be interesting where RSR/PMDG will go if FSW continues down an expensive and unprofitable route for developers.

Jhan

• Upvote 1

On 5/10/2017 at 2:36 PM, scandinavian13 said:

Battlefield. He and Ryan still play a bunch

Haha, I also play BF3. Yes, I know that one is an old version but I'm a romantic.

Ivan Lewis

PMDG B737NGX, B777 and B747v3 QOTS II

11 hours ago, CaribbeanCLANK said:

A sim from PMDG? No thanks...I do not have a lifetime to wait for a new flight sim.

Lol, indeed.  I was merely referencing something at the same standard as PMDG's aircraft, can you imagine?

14 hours ago, SirBismuth said:

Lol, indeed.  I was merely referencing something at the same standard as PMDG's aircraft, can you imagine?

I know...I was only being silly. I love the work PMDG do. I read on here they (PMDG) were part of a conglomerate trying to buy the FSX license but Dovetail made a better offer and got it. Kind of makes me wonder what could have been. We probably would be having a very different convo right now.

Anthony A. Moise

fbsupporter2.jpg

On 5/12/2017 at 6:16 AM, StarBlue said:

FSX will be viable for a few more years until MS makes us all move to Windows 10S

Windows 10S edition, This new version of Windows 10 restricts the user to only apps installed through the Micro$oft Store and imposes other limitations like only being able to use EDGE as your default browser and you're forced to use BING as your search engine. 

Hang on a sec.................Does not this sound familiar..........Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

• Upvote 2

“Flying should not be a journey to the destination with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved Aircraft,

but rather to skid sideways in a cloud of smoke down the runway, engines on fire, passengers screaming, physically worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! That was one hell of a Ride and we're on Schedule!”

Windows 10S is aimed at chromebook users. And entitles you to upgrade to full Pro edition if you want.

On 14/05/2017 at 0:52 AM, bedgie said:

Windows 10S edition, This new version of Windows 10 restricts the user to only apps installed through the Micro$oft Store and imposes other limitations like only being able to use EDGE as your default browser and you're forced to use BING as your search engine. 

Hang on a sec.................Does not this sound familiar..........Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Small wonder why people stick with XP!

20 hours ago, vololiberista said:

Small wonder why people stick with XP!

Tell that to all the people using XP who have been affected by this last weeks major hacking / malware attacks. W10 is not perfect, but if you think running XP is secure.... hmm.

2 hours ago, 77west said:

Tell that to all the people using XP who have been affected by this last weeks major hacking / malware attacks. W10 is not perfect, but if you think running XP is secure.... hmm.

Except is wasn't just people with XP that were affected! No virus checker and opening suspicious emails is the main cause.