Sign in to follow this  
Ace9

A2A Aileron Trim - OFFSET SWORD Increment Decrement

Hi all.

I am struggling to get Linda to make "bigger strokes" when using the X-55 trim buttons (wheel) on the throttle, its painfully slow.

I have set up FSUICP according to this thread to make the aileron Trim faster using OFFSET SWORD Increment / Decrement 

http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=115&t=40237#p303155

This works a treat, but as its a button assignment I really want Linda to do this for me not FSUIPC, can anyone help me with the required Linda code please. 

Many thanks

Rog.

Is my question above possible in Linda please, any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks. 

Hi Ace9

I am not the module expert so I have held off answering your question. The Trim offset fix you propose uses the standard FSUIPC4 offset x0bC0 and is not specific to A2A aircraft, it would apply to all default aircraft and others. It could be replicated in LINDA but I would need to know more about what you are trying to achieve. Which A2A aircraft do you find aileron trim insufficient?

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

Hi ScotFlieger,

I think its an X-55 irregularity, turns out the X-55 trim buttons (wheel) is slow to trim without the x0bC0 offset, because the increments (button pushes) are so small, adding this to FSUIPC has improved aileron trim sensitivity to all A/C, default included although 256 could be a bit smaller or manually adjustable on the fly / fixed to every AC. An aircraft can be trimmed much like using the mouse in the cockpit, fast, without it its painfully slow.

I found the fix on the A2A site but I guess its across the board and not just A2A that are affected and improved with the offset added to FSUIPC. 

Many Thanks for your help

Now I understand the problem, I believe you can achieve the faster elevator trim by doing one of 2 things:

1. You can simply use the settings using FSUIPC4 as you found and ensure that no LINDA assignment is made. I do this for my Airbus throttle as LINDA does not like high rate repeating functions.

2. You can use a modified FSX Default 'Elevator_Trim_upfast' and 'Elevator_Trim_dnfast' functions. These should be placed in the User Library with the original names. By doing this the function will 'override' or replace the originals due to the way they are loaded by LINDA. Carry out the following.

• Open the LINDA Editor and open the library file LIB-User.lua (found in /modules/linda/lib/)..
  • Cut and paste the function below into the file.
  • Save the file.
  • Click on Reload Lua Engine.
  • Assign the 2 functions to the OnPress and OnRepeat to the respective trim buttons on your X55 throttle.
  • If the speed of trim in still not large enough change the value in bold.

function Elevator_Trim_upfast ()

i = 0
    while i <= 40 do
        ipc.control(65615)
        i = i + 1
    end
    Elevator_Trim_show ()
end

function Elevator_Trim_dnfast ()
    i = 0
    while i <= 40 do
        ipc.control(65607)
        i = i + 1
    end
    Elevator_Trim_show ()
end

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

You are a star ScotFlieger, many thanks for the code, and bailing me out again, that works a treat, smoother than FSUICP for some reason?

ATB.

9 minutes ago, Ace9 said:

You are a star ScotFlieger, many thanks for the code, and bailing me out again, that works a treat, smoother than FSUICP for some reason?

ATB.

You are very welcome. Remember to back up your Lib-User.lua each time you install a new version of LINDA. Check out LINDA 2.9.5 now available.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Have done and will do, thanks a lot,

take care and atb. 

Rog