Sign in to follow this  
Egbert Drenth

So... what will be the status of the KA 350i this year?

More then a year ago I informed about the status of the KingAir 350i. 
Despite several promises, assurances etc about a release last year, the KS 350i still isn't finished.
Some buyers are waiting for more then 3 years now, with multiple new other aircraft released frequently

Any clues what the status will be at the end of this year?

• Upvote 1

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

Hi,
Hopefully by the end of the year it will have been out for many months!

• Upvote 3

Please contact me [kat at milviz dot com] for registration information.
If you require access to a support forum please provide proof of purchase plus your preferred forum user name.

I have given up on Milviz for the KA 350i. 1 year waiting is ok, 1.5 years are somewhat ok too, but 3 years and nothing on the horizon. Sometimes I wonder, why they bothered to announce this plane at all  

Any attempt to stretch fuel is guaranteed to increase headwinds

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080

No promises were ever made on this product.  None.  We said (not a promise) that we would try and deliver it in 2016.  That didn't happen for a variety of reasons out of our control.

It's in progress.  Beleive it or not.

Here's the real deal:  It took Beechcraft and Rockwell Collins more than 5 years of planning and hundreds, if not thousands of people to do what we're doing with 6 people.  So it's no surprise it's taking a long time.

We want it to be exactly like the real deal.  That's the situation.

• Upvote 2

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

While I empathize with the amount of code that it takes to truly build a Pro Line 21 system. I can also empathize with people who were told they would be given regular builds for joining the early access then not receiving anything for well over two years. Now we are being told that we will receive a copy when released and will no longer receive any more development builds. Disappointing. 

While I understand your decisions to end the Early Access program, how about throwing us a bone with inside development news on what is going on with the product we invested in. How about videos of the current progress just for early access guys. It would be nice to feel like my early investment is appreciated by your company other than intangible bonus product that may or may not happen. I still believe that when this is released it will be a fantastic product, but like many other are a little put off by lawyer talk as opposed to a real dialog between company and customer. 

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Milviz said:

That didn't happen for a variety of reasons out of our control.
Of course... It's always others to blame. Milviz is not in anyway responsible...

Here's the real deal:  It took Beechcraft and Rockwell Collins more than 5 years of planning and hundreds....
Really.... Would you like me seriously comment on that?.... Ohh boy.

Just be a man, take full responsibility and complete the darn thing.

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

Seems to me that MilViz discovered shortcomings in their original version of their B350i.  They admitted there were problems and said they would be redesigning the aircraft before releasing it.  Yes, it's taken seemingly forever, but not all developers are capable of releasing a new aircraft every 2-3 months.  At least the MilViz team recognized issues and pulled the product for rebuilding before releasing it to the public.

• Upvote 1

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

18 hours ago, stans said:

but not all developers are capable of releasing a new aircraft every 2-3 months

And that is exactly my point.
In the mean time multiple new aircraft have been released by Milviz.
It seems that the KA 350i has the lowest priority, I mean we are waiting more then 3 years.

3 hours ago, Egbert Drenth said:

And that is exactly my point.
In the mean time multiple new aircraft have been released by Milviz.
It seems that the KA 350i has the lowest priority, I mean we are waiting more then 3 years.

Different teams within Milviz were behind those new aircraft and some of them have been in the works for nearly a year, others for more than a year. You might ask why we don't add the manpower of those teams on to the KingAir and the answer is quite simple. Too many cooks spoil the broth. There are limits to how many people you can put on the same product in this industry without causing major confusion and slowing production down even more. We make better progress with the 2-3 programmers on the KA team than we would if we added the 5+ other programmers who are in other product teams.

This answer has been given repeatedly but it appears those who don't want to hear it simply ignore it.

• Upvote 2

Jonathan "FRAG" Bleeker

Formerly known here as "Narutokun"

If I speak for my company without permission the boss will nail me down. So unless otherwise specified...Im just a regular simmer who expresses his personal opinion

7 hours ago, Narutokun said:

This answer has been given repeatedly but it appears those who don't want to hear it simply ignore it.

That bears repeating! :cool:

• Upvote 1

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

On 5/5/2017 at 3:12 PM, Katoun said:

Hi,
Hopefully by the end of the year it will have been out for many months!

No one has waited longer for this aircraft than me.  I bought it as soon as the pre-release was available.

Please, take your time developing it, and make it "Mind Blowing!" 

Thank you,

Bob

• Upvote 1

Well, the wait probably just got longer as they now get to make it P3Dv4 compatible.

Considering one of their programmers is Collin B from TFDi, I suspect he is now busy recoding the 717. 

I have a lot of respect for Milviz, I truly do, but it is this project alone that has taught me to never pay for early access. And I was very very tempted to pay for it when available. In any event, I will definitely be buying it when released.  I'm super jealous of you who have the early access version. 😊