Sign in to follow this  
Zimmerbz

My P3d jealousy of xplane 11...

I am a fan of P3d.  I fly jetliners, particularly Fslabs320. However, seeing xplane 11 on YouTube, I can't help be jealous of the graphics and scenery in 11.  The free Ortho4xp makes everything look SO real. Same with xenviro.  Given the limitations of P3d being 32 bit, but knowing 64 bit will be announced at some point, does anyone know if P3d will have something similar to ortho4xp and xenviro?  It seems that you can fly a lot easier with traffic too. Thoughts?

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

Download the free demo and try it out yourself :)

http://www.x-plane.com/desktop/try-it/

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

I tried X plane 11 off and on for about 2 weeks. I just couldn't get over how poor it looked compared to the P3D I have on my PC. I considered it a major step backwards and finally deleted the demo. 

• Upvote 2

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I'm currently using both sims, P3D mainly for PMDG aircraft, I've also invested just waaay too much money on P3D add ons as well :) SimStarter NG makes it easier to manage all of it (due to VAS)

XP11 for everything else. I'm in California, nothing currently beats Ortho4XP (ZL18) + US West 'Real life' Autogen (even default xp11 autogen is very good)

I think XP looks much better than P3D when you compare stock to stock, or couple freeware additions. I am die hard P3D fan but its even hard for me to deny it that XP11 really has its visual game on point. 

• Upvote 2

I don't know...I've always found there's something bugging me about xplane scenerery. It looks....too clean. Too many straight lines...too organized...artificial. Like Sim City rather than a real city. The videos above doesn't convince me. Not that FSX or P3D is perfect, but I definetly prefer it. Just my 2 cents. 

• Upvote 2

50 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

I tried X plane 11 off and on for about 2 weeks. I just couldn't get over how poor it looked compared to the P3D I have on my PC. I considered it a major step backwards and finally deleted the demo. 

Sorry Bob - but that can't go unanswered. I wish that my P3D looked as good as this .... but it doesn't.

• Upvote 6

15 minutes ago, J.L.Seagull said:

Sorry Bob - but that can't go unanswered. I wish that my P3D looked as good as this .... but it doesn't.

Wow, is that a combination of freeware and payware. What's all there that it looks amazing. 

I use both and have heavily invested in both (although more invested in P3D/FSX). I find myself using P3D about 80% of the time still. I use ortho4xp for Socal with US West Real life but still prefer ORBX Socal. Although I've spent days trying to tweak FSX (probably more time than actual flying), I find I have to spend more time to get XP up and running. I also find the ground modeling of XP way too sensitive and it kills immersion for me. 

I really like XP and am excited for the future, but for now P3D is still my main sim.

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Angelo Cosma said:

Wow, is that a combination of freeware and payware. What's all there that it looks amazing. 

That is bog-standard X-Plane 11 LOWI 'out of the box' Angelo - plus an XP version of Reshade (to give it a bit of extra colour), a photo-overlay of the mountains (courtesy of the freeware Ortho4XP), and a very amateurish video maker. Not a single piece of payware in sight.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, J.L.Seagull said:

That is bog-standard X-Plane 11 LOWI 'out of the box' Angelo - plus an XP version of Reshade (to give it a bit of extra colour), a photo-overlay of the mountains (courtesy of the freeware Ortho4XP), and a very amateurish video maker. Not a single piece of payware in sight.

Wow, does this mean that every single city/airport looks this way in XP11?

Any attempt to stretch fuel is guaranteed to increase headwinds

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080

3 hours ago, andreh said:

I don't know...I've always found there's something bugging me about xplane scenerery. It looks....too clean. Too many straight lines...too organized...artificial. Like Sim City rather than a real city. The videos above doesn't convince me. Not that FSX or P3D is perfect, but I definetly prefer it. Just my 2 cents. 

A real aerial view of Los Angeles.  A lot of straight lines.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

never take advice from someone like thus post above! who only tried something off an on for X number of weeks as you will not got an honest and unbiased opinion. try it you self for a number of months. i garentee XP will grow on you in leaps and nounds. if if doesn't go bury you're head back in the sand.

• Upvote 1

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

Here's some 'not as good as P3D' screenshots for you Bob... 

X-Plane-2017-05-06-00-46-30.jpg

X-Plane-2017-05-06-00-46-16.jpg

X-Plane-2017-04-30-01-21-10.jpg

• Upvote 6

Ryzen 5800X3D, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090, Windows 10, Varjo Aero, DOF H3

It also took me a few months to get comfortable with XP.  It's just vastly different and there are tradeoffs.   But even with Orbx regions and airports for P3D , I still think XP11 wins in the visuals department especially if you use Ortho4xp.

but it's just user opinion - bob likes P3D better - no problem with me!

• Upvote 2

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |