Sign in to follow this  
Zimmerbz

My P3d jealousy of xplane 11...

Same here it took xp 11 and then had a look back at xp 10 and I'M really liking it a lot especially the night have to agree with Rayan it takes some time but man I'm loving the car traffic trains and lights it has a totally different feeling to it as well.  :biggrin:

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.

22 minutes ago, toby23 said:

Here's some 'not as good as P3D' screenshots for you Bob... 

X-Plane-2017-05-06-00-46-30.jpg

X-Plane-2017-05-06-00-46-16.jpg

X-Plane-2017-04-30-01-21-10.jpg

Are you using PTA? If so mind sharing your preset?

Signature.png

Follow me on : Instagram

See my Trailer: A Year Of Flight

5 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

I tried X plane 11 off and on for about 2 weeks. I just couldn't get over how poor it looked compared to the P3D I have on my PC. I considered it a major step backwards and finally deleted the demo. 

There you go again, we all know you don't like it Bob (Troll), so what is the point of discouraging other people from tying it out. Give it a rest!!!!!

• Upvote 1

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

1 hour ago, CarlosF said:

There you go again, we all know you don't like it Bob (Troll), so what is the point of discouraging other people from tying it out. Give it a rest!!!!!

Look Carlos, this thread was started on the P3D group, before it was moved to the XP group/ It was on the P3D group  where i responded with my opinion of what I think XP looks like compared to to P3D. ( Did you comprehend what I just said Carlos,  I said MY OPINION) , If you don't like my opinion then don't read it. And knock off the troll crap . You are obviously  someone that gets very upset when someone doesn't agree with you. I have never  discouraged anyone from trying XP 11, so don't claim I said something I didn't say either. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I agree with Bob, if someone doesn't see things as someone else does they act like you said something about their mother, people are entitled to their own opinion.

31 minutes ago, jymp said:

I agree with Bob, if someone doesn't see things as someone else does they act like you said something about their mother, people are entitled to their own opinion.

LMFAO...you are totally contradicting yourself...and lets leave the "mother" out of the equation would you!

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

49 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Look Carlos, this thread was started on the P3D group, before it was moved to the XP group/ It was on the P3D group  where i responded with my opinion of what I think XP looks like compared to to P3D. ( Did you comprehend what I just said Carlos,  I said MY OPINION) , If you don't like my opinion then don't read it. And knock off the troll crap . You are obviously  someone that gets very upset when someone doesn't agree with you. I have never  discouraged anyone from trying XP 11, so don't claim I said something I didn't say either. 

whatever, you are still a troll Bob!

Those shots are of XP11.  PTA is for P3D...XP11 doesn't need it :)

9 hours ago, Zimmerbz said:

I am a fan of P3d.  I fly jetliners, particularly Fslabs320. However, seeing xplane 11 on YouTube, I can't help be jealous of the graphics and scenery in 11.  The free Ortho4xp makes everything look SO real. Same with xenviro.  Given the limitations of P3d being 32 bit, but knowing 64 bit will be announced at some point, does anyone know if P3d will have something similar to ortho4xp and xenviro?  It seems that you can fly a lot easier with traffic too. Thoughts?

You are kidding right? P3D with Orbx and TEP comes pretty close when set up correctly! And with ENVTEX, AS16 and ASCA for weather, beats X-Plane hands down. I run P3D at 2460x1440 and it's as smooth as silk on a GTX780, and with the latest 382.05 driver my VAS hasn't dropped below 1.5 gig so far. And yes, I also have X-Plane 10 and 11 to compare it with. Oh, and I also run UT Live for traffic.

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

1 hour ago, SierraHotel said:

You are kidding right? P3D with Orbx and TEP comes pretty close when set up correctly! And with ENVTEX, AS16 and ASCA for weather, beats X-Plane hands down. I run P3D at 2460x1440 and it's as smooth as silk on a GTX780, and with the latest 382.05 driver my VAS hasn't dropped below 1.5 gig so far. And yes, I also have X-Plane 10 and 11 to compare it with. Oh, and I also run UT Live for traffic.

Aaaand... how much did you pay for everything?

Ortho4XP, W2XP, plenty of airports at the X-Plane.org forums (including those by ISDG, MisterX6, tdg, etc.) are all... free. Your various add-ons may make P3D look some 20% better than X-Plane, but I'd rather pay nothing at all and get maybe 80-85% the quality of P3D, whereas I'd have to pay hundreds to thousands of dollars extra to make that hundred per cent. Nothing says 'diminishing returns' better than this. 

Admittedly X-Plane still has some rough edges, but even with XP10.51, you can make wonders with freeware, a good CPU+GPU, 32 GB of RAM and a fair bit of free space for HD mesh + orthophoto scenery.

4 hours ago, jymp said:

Yes everybody is entitled to their opinion but his opinion in the XP forum has always been negative. So +1 for Carlos ! Last time he posted on here he was complaining that he could not get his joystick calibrated, so he deleted XPX. So how can you even have a unbiased opinion if you cant even get your joystick calibrated. The sim is useless without a joystick of some sort. And on top of that I think he was using the demo. We are creatures of habit and sometimes something different and unique is hard to rap your mind around until you get accustomed to it. I think Bob probably got frustrated with XPX since it was different and said F%CK it, Delete. I feel the same way every time I go back to P3D. He threw the baby out with the bath water and wants everybody to do the same. Misery loves company !        

• Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

1 hour ago, GoranM said:

Here we go again!
XP-FSX-P3D.thumb.png.95c78413cfe66e9eacb989d6ee53a803.png

havnt  you forgotten  fs9:laugh:

• Upvote 1

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

The Best of all is Microsoft Space Simulator ! You're completely forgetting about it !

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...