Sign in to follow this  
rightseat

Moo Beacon

Hi gang.

1st of all, I LOVE my moo. I put 20 hours on it last week alone. But, I'm a bit tired of the volume of the beacon sound. I know I could just get rid of it altogether, but I'd rather just turn it down. Can anyone tell me a quick way to lower the volume on that feature alone?

Thanks to anyone who's got a clue and a few seconds to reply.

Best,

Scott

I suspect you could download the free Audacity program and resample the .wav file and lessen the volume that way. Haven't tried it but might be worth a try? Good luck, and let us moo lovers know how it turns out if it works?

Cheers

Martin

I made a replacement sound file that reduces the volume of the rotating beacon. In C:\FSX\Sound\MT (at least on my machine) is the file SND63.wav which is the beacon sound. Before doing anything,  I suggest you back this up by renaming it something like SND63_Orig.wav . A replacement SND63.wav is available here https://www.dropbox.com/s/m9j2n9029fy1llp/SND63.wav?dl=0  .   Please note this sound file is in the general FSX Sound folder and is likely used by other FSX aircraft and so will be reduced in volume for all should you decide to make the change.

Al

• Upvote 2

Hi Martin,

I'll be interested to learn how it sounds on your system since I could only test it on mine.

Thx,

Al

Hi Al,

On my system I can just barely hear it, would it be possible to make it a little louder? If not don't worry about it!

Regards,

Martin

2 hours ago, ark said:

I made a replacement sound file that reduces the volume of the rotating beacon. In C:\FSX\Sound\MT (at least on my machine) is the file SND63.wav which is the beacon sound. Before doing anything,  I suggest you back this up by renaming it something like SND63_Orig.wav . A replacement SND63.wav is available here https://www.dropbox.com/s/m9j2n9029fy1llp/SND63.wav?dl=0  .   Please note this sound file is in the general FSX Sound folder and is likely used by other FSX aircraft and so will be reduced in volume for all should you decide to make the change.

Al

Terrific! Thank you! I guess I wasn't the only one who hoped to make that noise a bit softer.  

4 hours ago, ark said:

Al

Update:  There are now two files in the dropbox called SND63_soft.wav, and a slightly louder one called SND63_medium.wav.  Hopefully one of these will meet your needs on your particular system.  Of course, whichever one you use, it has to be renamed to just SND63.wav.

Al

Hi Al,

You're one heck of an asset to the Flysimware community - much appreciated - sir !

:cool:

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

14 hours ago, ark said:

Update:  There are now two files in the dropbox called SND63_soft.wav, and a slightly louder one called SND63_medium.wav.  Hopefully one of these will meet your needs on your particular system.  Of course, whichever one you use, it has to be renamed to just SND63.wav.

Al

Apparently when I uploaded the new files the access link to the dropbox changed.  Not sure I understand why, but here is another link

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/uum646805865zvg/AABenGkYBMto2AtgMMEDcE2Aa?dl=0

Let me know of any problems.

Al

• Upvote 1

Thanks Al, got them both without any problems. Now I need to install the MU-2 :biggrin:

Ted

3770k@4.5 ghz, Noctua C12P CPU air cooler, Asus Z77, 2 x 4gb DDR3 Corsair 2200 mhz cl 9, EVGA 1080ti, Sony 55" 900E TV 3840 x 2160, Windows 7-64, FSX, P3dv3, P3dv4

On 5/6/2017 at 2:49 PM, ark said:

Apparently when I uploaded the new files the access link to the dropbox changed.  Not sure I understand why, but here is another link

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/uum646805865zvg/AABenGkYBMto2AtgMMEDcE2Aa?dl=0

Let me know of any problems.

Al

I added a couple of more SND63 sound files choices (sound levels) to the dropbox.

Al