Sign in to follow this  
JWxTreme

PTA giving me error messages after installation

I've been away from Flight Sim and had the older edition of PTA 1.3. I just upgraded to 2.11 but it is giving me these error messages:  

\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\ShadersHLSL\Cloud.fx is not original Prepar3D shader and can't be used
\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\ShadersHLSL\GPUTerrain.fx is not original Prepar3D shader and can't be used

Before the installation I did do a restore of the original shaders by menu command "Actions - Restore original P3D shaders".  I'm not sure why I"m still getting these errors?

Thanks, James

Easiest solution would be to rreinstall the "Client.msi" for whatever version of P3D you have. 

• Upvote 1

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

I had this same problem last year with PTA 1.3 (See Below).  Richard Sennett helped me and sent me the ShaderHLSL file which fixed the problem.  I still can't find a solution.

I want back to the old PTA 1.3 version and I'm not getting any errors with that version. I will stay with that version.

Posted June 16, 2016 · Report post

I'm new to AVSIM and Prepar3D having recently installed it for the first time.  I have never used RSP or any shader edits before, however I keep getting these errors when I try PTA.  Odd, because I NEVER used any shader edits or tweaks before. I tried a re-setup of P3D to repair but I still had these errors,  I'm using Windows 10 and P3D V3.3, and using PTA ver. 1.2. I don't know what else I can do other than a whole reinstall of P3D but then I would have to reinstall all my other software, ie. Orbx, REX, Meshes, etc which would be a lot of time and effort.

ERROR: shader file C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\ShadersHLSL\Cloud.fx is not original Prepar3D shader and can't be used.
ERROR: shader file C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\ShadersHLSL\GPUTerrain.fx is not original Prepar3D shader and can't be used.
ERROR: shader file C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\ShadersHLSL\GPUTerrain.fxh is not original Prepar3D shader and can't be used.

51 minutes ago, JWxTreme said:

I had this same problem last year with PTA 1.3 (See Below).  Richard Sennett helped me and sent me the ShaderHLSL file which fixed the problem.  I still can't find a solution.

I want back to the old PTA 1.3 version and I'm not getting any errors with that version. I will stay with that version.

James, old versions (1.2, 1.3) of utility can't work with actual version of P3D. What is your P3D version?

12 hours ago, KNOSSOS said:

James, old versions (1.2, 1.3) of utility can't work with actual version of P3D. What is your P3D version?

My P3D version is 3.2

10 hours ago, JWxTreme said:

My P3D version is 3.2

Maybe it would be better to use the last PTA version.

- Make a backup copy of your preset (*.ini file).

- Delete the whole dir of PTA.

- Un- and reinstall P3D client.

- Download last PTA from site and install it as described.

- Adjust your preset from scratch. If  you send me your PTA 1.3 preset (trifonov.geo@gmail.com) I will help you make new preset in PTA 2.11 with the same adjustments. One exclusion: PTA 1.2-1.3 have old version of Rayleigh scattering tweak.

Regards,

1 hour ago, KNOSSOS said:

Maybe it would be better to use the last PTA version.

- Make a backup copy of your preset (*.ini file).

- Delete the whole dir of PTA.

- Un- and reinstall P3D client.

- Download last PTA from site and install it as described.

- Adjust your preset from scratch. If  you send me your PTA 1.3 preset (trifonov.geo@gmail.com) I will help you make new preset in PTA 2.11 with the same adjustments. One exclusion: PTA 1.2-1.3 have old version of Rayleigh scattering tweak.

Regards,

I

I appreciate your help. I did all the steps. but I still get the red error messages again.  I uninstalled my P3D and reinstalled the newest version P3D 3.4 I deleted the the entire directory of PTA, and downloaded and installed the PTA 2.11 version, but it still is giving me the same errors. :(

I got the same error yesterday, fresh installed P3D copy (latest build).

On 5/6/2017 at 0:58 AM, JWxTreme said:

\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\ShadersHLSL\Cloud.fx is not original Prepar3D shader and can't be used
\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\ShadersHLSL\GPUTerrain.fx is not original Prepar3D shader and can't be used

But i guess URP1.1. perset works anyway. 

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q

1 hour ago, JWxTreme said:

I uninstalled my P3D and reinstalled the newest version P3D 3.4

OK. Just before PTA start after P3D client reinstall please check the size of files in <Prepar dir>\ShadersHLSL directory.

For Prepar 3.4.22 build 19868 these numbers SHOULD BE EXACLTY (in bytes):

Cloud.fx - 21139

GPUTerrain.fx - 50843

GPUTerrain.fxh - 14519

If after fresh installation you have other file sizes, please find the reason, it is not a PTA issue. If numbers match the values above, but you still get red errors in PTA log, please contact me at trifonov.geo@gmail.com. 

45 minutes ago, Johnny19 said:

I got the same error yesterday, fresh installed P3D copy (latest build).

On 06.05.2017 at 3:58 AM, JWxTreme said:

But i guess URP1.1. perset works anyway. 

No, if you get errors, your URP preset is not working properly for sure.

25 minutes ago, KNOSSOS said:

No, if you get errors, your URP preset is not working properly for sure.

Meh, then I'll move PTA. Not reinstalling P3D again. Maybe ENVTEX or ASCA managed to alter original files? Cause i can see difference in file sizes of cloud.fx and GPUTerrain.fx  Thanks. 

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q

2 hours ago, Johnny19 said:

Maybe ENVTEX or ASCA managed to alter original files?

I know only one addon (excl. PTA) which can modify shaders in ShadersHLSL - REX (cloud algorithm). It modifies cloud.fx. I use ASCA last build and pretty sure it can't modify shaders. No ideas about ENVTEX.

8 minutes ago, KNOSSOS said:

I know only one addon (excl. PTA) which can modify shaders in ShadersHLSL - REX (cloud algorithm). It modifies cloud.fx. I use ASCA last build and pretty sure it can't modify shaders. No ideas about ENVTEX.

So would reinstalling client again fix the problem?

Ivan Majetic

32 minutes ago, Johnny19 said:

So would reinstalling client again fix the problem?

I think yes. And before the PTA first start pls delete Shaders_BACKUP dir in PTA dir.

38 minutes ago, KNOSSOS said:

I think yes. And before the PTA first start pls delete Shaders_BACKUP dir in PTA dir.

OK, thanks

Ivan Majetic

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.