Sign in to follow this  
JWxTreme

PTA giving me error messages after installation

11 hours ago, KNOSSOS said:

OK. Just before PTA start after P3D client reinstall please check the size of files in <Prepar dir>\ShadersHLSL directory.

For Prepar 3.4.22 build 19868 these numbers SHOULD BE EXACLTY (in bytes):

Cloud.fx - 21139

GPUTerrain.fx - 50843

GPUTerrain.fxh - 14519

If after fresh installation you have other file sizes, please find the reason, it is not a PTA issue. If numbers match the values above, but you still get red errors in PTA log, please contact me at trifonov.geo@gmail.com. 

Thank you KNOSSOS.  I got it. I did another reinstall of P3D 3.4 and this time I reinstalled and restarted PTA 2.11, but I also deleted the backup Shader files in the PTA 2.11 directory. I started PTA and it ran with no errors.  After my reinstall of P3D 3.4 I had the exact sizes of Cloud.fx, GPUTerrain.fx and GPUTerrain.fxh.  The problem was the backup folders that were in the PTA 2.11 which I then deleted and it worked once I had deleted them.

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.