Sign in to follow this  
Gavin

On the Road Again!

Well, at 2:41 p.m. on Saturday, the 22nd, here I sit in Dulles (KIAD) awaiting my flight to London and then on to Europe. Had to leave the house five hours earlier than I would normally to beat the snow. I got to the airport just as the snow started to fall at noon. It has really been coming down and hundreds of flights have been cancelled. Most are coming from or departing to destinations on the east coast or to the mid west. Its a mess. UAL is still showing my flight departing at 6:35 (normally a 6:10 departure), and my fingers are crossed. The snow has slowed down somewhat, but we are expecting sleet and possibly freezing rain later in the afternoon. That could put the kybosh on my flight out this evening.That would leave me the 9:45 departure tonight or the 9:00 a.m. departure tomorrow morning. That second alternative is not good. I would have to spend the night at the airport on the floor somewhere or check into the Marriott for $170+ for the night. Neither are good alternatives, but if I stayed in the airport I would have a wireless connection all night and could post megabytes of prose, ruminations, and lofty thoughts in the forum. :)Anyway, here I set drinking a Sam Adams, and just having thrown away the worst pizza I have ever had.Planes are currently departing (sporadically) and in fact UAL just called a bording call for a domestic flight. Things are looking good! You can be sure that from my window seat I am going to watch every move of those guys with the chemicals spraying the aircraft before push back.I am looking forward to getting to London just to warm up and possibly see some sun!!!!More later (I hope not)... :)

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm............ Sam Adams....Sam and I get along very well Tom. :-)Have a safe flight. I checked my email, nothing yet.Regards,JoeJOIN The AVSIM RTW RACE FLIGHT TEAM****************Grab My FREEWARE Cessna 172 Voice recognition Profile here:[a href=http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=fs2004misc&DLID=58334]Cessna 172 Voice Profile[/a].You will need the main FREEWARE Flight Assistant program to use it, get it here:[a href=http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=genutils&DLID=39661]Flight Assistant 2.2[/a]

CryptoSonar on Twitch & YouTube. 

Guest Philip Olson

Tom, Why didn't you take the company jet????? That way you would not be at the whims of the airlines, you could have departed as soon as you arrived, given the crew and aircraft where ready. Well, that and ATC let you go. Yes, having a company jet makes life much easier! :-)Philip OlsonI'm the luckiest man in the world, my girl friend has a yoke and rudder pedals! Eat your hearts out!http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/supporter.jpg

Guest Staggerwing

Don't forget Tom... they can keep you off the flight if they THINK you are intoxicated so watch the amount of beer :-)Have a good trip, hope you get off on time..

Good luck man. Airports are the worst place to sit and wait if you can't watch planes takeoff and land. Have fun.JimCYWG

chemicals, spraying, aircraft.You're not coming down with a case of conspiracy theorism are you Tom? :-lol

As a Brit and an English teacher, I'm not too sure that it's grammatically correct to use the word 'London' & 'sun' in the same sentence.It has been sunny here in Warsaw; but not too warm. Roll on summer!!!http://online.vatsimindicators.net/916312/3.png

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)