Sign in to follow this  
Stefan888

PMGD Operation center update

Hello guys i have problem when updating OPC.At first update goes well the a small window appears saying waiting for the opc to close,but is is closed and  small windows  dosent disappear for ages.Previosly i havet got any problems. You answers are highly appreciated.Here is the link

http://imgur.com/yHUFUPQ

I managed to run the OC Update with no issues yesterday.

Is there a recent update from the past few days?

spacer.png

50 minutes ago, Boomer said:

Is there a recent update from the past few days?

yep 

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Problem solved.The good old restart button helped :laugh:

My version is 3.00.8189, and is from mid march....

Have I missed something?

Best.

Miquel Egea.

18 minutes ago, miguelpp said:

Have I missed something?

Yes, it was the Operations Center itself that was updated, not the 747.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

7 hours ago, miguelpp said:

Have I missed something?

Best.

Miquel Egea.

if  you have  opened  up   your  oc  and  dont  see  any notifications  than your  up  to  date  so easy to check

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Hi,

Yesterday I had a problem with OC update. Norton Antivirus detects a Trojan and deletes OC and the updater as well. I had to restore them from a backup and set an exception in Norton Antivirus to perform the update without issue.

Skip.

6 hours ago, skipy33 said:

Yesterday I had a problem with OC update. Norton Antivirus detects a Trojan and deletes OC and the updater as well. I had to restore them from a backup and set an exception in Norton Antivirus to perform the update without issue.

I'm usually pretty cautious when it comes to expressing my opinions of other developers' software, but I will state this plainly and openly: aftermarket antivirus programs of any time after about 2000 are awful. Remove them, save your money, and spare yourself the frustration. Combined with simply being careful while browsing, there's no reason the built-in Windows Defender would come up short for 99% of home users. Enterprise businesses? Different story, but at home, you're better off without them.

Kyle Rodgers

Hey Kyle,

I tried to install ORBX Global scenery recently and now my PMDG Operations Center and the RAAS system has vanished. The OP Update remains, but no Center. I have downloaded the FS2 PMDG 777 RAAS from their site, but even though it runs, I stall don't get it installed in the aircraft.

Any thoughts?

9 minutes ago, Harley7354 said:

I tried to install ORBX Global scenery recently and now my PMDG Operations Center and the RAAS system has vanished.

Willing to bet this is coincidental, particularly if you're using aftermarket antivirus programs.

9 minutes ago, Harley7354 said:

The OP Update remains, but no Center.

Run the updater. It'll re-download all the stuff you need.

Kyle Rodgers

Great!

You are the man. Got the Ops Center. I have followed your advice and uninstalled Norton and enabled Windows Defender.

Thanks!!

24 minutes ago, Harley7354 said:

You are the man. Got the Ops Center. I have followed your advice and uninstalled Norton and enabled Windows Defender.

Thanks!!

Welcome. Enjoy!

Kyle Rodgers

As a long time computer user (my first PC was a Commodore 64 in 1983, also have a B.S. in CS), I have to say that ironically, the virus Detection Software that exists today actually exhibits many traits of the very software they try to eliminate - they are free until they detect a virus and then usually demand you pay money to buy the full version to extract the virus, they slow down your system by getting in front of every operation that occurs between the software you use and your disk drive, and also your software you use and the Internet, and are generally whiney pieces of software that always demand attention, money, and, just like a real virus, usually prevent you from running the perfectly valid software on your system.

In the long term we need to hold Microsoft accountable for putting together a robust operating system that doesn't need 3rd party software on day one to keep it safe from infection.  To expect to have to do this it plain ridiculous.

Mark Trainer

• Upvote 1