Sign in to follow this  
guenseli

Community views: improve searching

Hello,

as nice as the Community idea is, it is currently inconvenient to use it.

If I want to find views for my current aircraft, I want to see all the possibilities. But when I search for a pilot view, I have to enter a search string and hope to match other users namings. So a overhead view could be "Overhead", OVHD, OHD, Upper view, etc.

To search through all that possibilities takes longer then to make an own view (what shows how easy it is to make new views with CP ;) )

And I do not understand why I also have to insert the airplane, as sitting in a 747 I wouldn't search fo anything else then a 747 ... or why do I have to type in 747?

I do not know how to make it better, maybe a kind of naming convention? So, if you make new views, you could choose from a pre-given naming set. PILOT, OVHD, PEDESTAL FWD, OVHD FWD, OVHD BACK, etc.

Similar for outside views: CHASE, REAR LEFT, REAR RIGHT, GEAR, etc.

But currentl yit doesn't make much sense in my opinion ...

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback.

As you can see in the Community tab, the Browse function is disable. It is in development and will come with the features you would expect. We want to build it right and we wanted to see how people would use the community before designing this part.

Currently, you can search for keywords and get results for any aircraft. just let the aircraft field blank.

Regards,
Keven

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Hi Folks,

As intuitive as the rest of the interface is - I'm sure it will end up being great...

Thanks...

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Hi guys,

It would also be nice to be able to search for a specific user name. For example if one would like to have the same presets seen on a YouTube video or on a friend's simulator. Maybe the browse function will include this.

I do feel that more design work is required here. I find it not to the extemely high levels of the rest of the product.

I wish I could conceive of a better solution:dry:

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx 

4 hours ago, Endriu88 said:

Hi guys,

It would also be nice to be able to search for a specific user name. For example if one would like to have the same presets seen on a YouTube video or on a friend's simulator. Maybe the browse function will include this.

You can search a specific username by typing user:fsfxpackages

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

On 12/5/2017 at 4:59 PM, Keven Menard said:

You can search a specific username by typing user:fsfxpackages

Nice, thank you Keven!