Sign in to follow this  
RogerPotie

AFCAD

Guest prdant

I am looking for a tutorial and list of items that I would need to make gates at airports. I have all of the updtes from the AFCAD site on PAI, but would like to try my luck at it.Thanks in advance

start with the afcad 2.21 manual, it's really good. The scenery SDK is also helpful.

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

Guest prdant

Thanks for the input. I went to the library and searched for afcad 2.21 and got 272 pages. Can you narrow the search down a bit, is there a website to get this from.

FS2004 Utils - Author, Lee Swordy.

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

The readme / help file in the AFCAD program is in my opinion the very best for any computer program anywhere.Now having said that - by "Gates" do you mean visible jetways to be added to the terminal buildings, or do you mean invisible parking spots for aircraft?AFCAD is mostly about the invisible network of parking and taxiway paths used by AI aircraft. It does have some ability to add visual elements and textures to taxiways, aprons and runways.It does not have the capacity to add jetways to terminals.

Guest prdant

No I man adding gates to allow for more traffic. I got the different tools from TTools and have looked at some stock airports and will try my hand at this. I have spent so much time tweaking that I haven't flown a flight in a week. So I am going to use what I have for now and fly around a little.

My wife has a rule which is actually pretty good - I have to do at least on flight of 30 min to 1 hour length before I'm allowed to work on AFCAD's, scenery, flightplans, new AI aircraft, etc.

Great !But adding more gates to increase traffic may also decrease the fps.Just keep an eye on that.

Roger

See my specs in my profile

Guest slydon

I want to d/l the new afcad program. I searched in the library but it didn't come up. Help pleaseDon

>I want to d/l the new afcad program. I searched in the>library but it didn't come up. Help please>DonThere is no "new afcad program..." There is only the last one Lee Swordy released:http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=46238

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator