Sign in to follow this  
HWDALE

Rendering problem with GTN 750

I purchased the new version of the GTN 750 and after struggling for hours getting it installed I finally got it working somewhat.  It will show up in the pop up window and the panel in the modified C172 but it is messed up looking with only parts of the display showing and when I zoom in and out it moves very slowly with what looks like sparkles on the screen.  I've read most of the threads but have found nothing that addresses a problem of this type.  I uploaded a screenshot to the X-Plane general forum under the GTN 750 Integration thread but am not clear on how to upload a one to this forum. 

Any help would be sincerely appreciated.

Hi, I can't seem to be able to find your screenshot. It would certainly help a lot. Can you please re-post it?

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

I'm not sure how to post one on this web site.  Could I email it to you?  I posted it on the X-Plane.org web site under the General X-Plane Forum.  The title of the thread is GTN 750 Integration into default Cessna 172.  It is post #25 if that will help.

Ok the screenshot is definitely very helpful. It looks like a video card problem. Either there is too much load with the GTN Trainer + X-Plane on your video card at the same time, or, there is the "AMD Driver" problem some are experiencing which for now require not using current v17.xx AMD driver.

I'm yet yo figure out what is happening with this driver because we don't have any AMD card to compare, but it certainly is wrong showing these blue/cyan spots. It is as if it is displaying wrongly decoded JPEG files. It also resemble what it could look like if the display code is a missing to "clear the screen" prior rendering the frame. Optimized drivers take advantage of such 'clear' commands to optimize further 'paint' pixels over, and when missing, it could lead to similar display glitches.

I can't promise a miracle solution but we'll see if we can 'tweak' the trainer display code to enforce such 'clear' command and see if this helps.

In the meantime, have you sorted out changing drivers?

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Here are some release notes from a recent v17.3.2 driver:

http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/Radeon-Software-Crimson-ReLive-Edition-17.3.2-Release-Notes.aspx

"Fixed Issues: Texture corruption may be observed in The Division™ on some surfaces using the DirectX®12 API."

So this looks like there is a texture corruption problem with these drivers and they are trying to solve it with each revision of the driver.

I'm running a Nvidia 960M card on a laptop which may not have enough horsepower to run both programs.  Will issuing a clear the screen command help or is memory going to be an issue?

Issuing a 'clear' command is to make sure the rendering system is properly initialized from the application, in case the driver does not optimizes the initialization automatically. Hopefully this should have no impact at all to the performance. As a matter of fact, issuing an explicit 'clear' triggers some optimizations in the driver sometimes!

We expect the official 2.4.6 release today.