Sign in to follow this  
onebob

Lear 35A version 2.9

1 hour ago, RichieFly said:

Yeah, good for them (FSW).

I just tried it out; gets better all the time.

Difference between developer lead company -vs- Beancounter lead?

Absolutely! These guys put on a clinic. I will be among the first in line for the Falcon because I know it will be quality, and I know it will be well supported.

Hi Folks,

Yep - ditto on the Falcon - from my experience with the Lear - I'd make that purchase sight unseen...

If the C402 was ever brought up to the Lear standard - I'd be all over that as well - huge "Wings" and "Cape Air" fan (wish I could figure out a way to get enough hours to fly for them in retirement)...

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Steer lock key sequence has changed? I was using 'shift-Q', No longer works in new version.

Bob

2 minutes ago, BobP said:

Steer lock key sequence has changed? I was using 'shift-Q', No longer works in new version.

Bob

You could hit the steer lock button on the center console.  :)

Jason Weaver - WestWind Airlines; FlyUK Airlines; VirtualUnited.org

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png

Hi Bob,

I think that changed in 2.8 ???

Aren't we using the G1000 keys for that function ???

I'd double check the manual - not in front of my PC to check...

Regards,

Scott

From the L35 Manual:
Steer lock switch can be assigned to the keyboard / joystick by using the “G1000_MFD_SOFTKEYS” assignment.
G1000_MFD_SOFTKEY2 = ON
G1000_MFD_SOFTKEY3 = OFF

An alternative if you want to use a single key or switch to toggle steer lock on and off is to use a Lua script. Info on Lua scripts is here:

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/491894-replacing-lear35a-mouse-clicks-with-keys-or-buttons/

A set of 28 Lua scripts for the Learjet 35A, including four AP scripts updated for the new version 2.9, can be found here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ylm4i8xk16hne84/Lear35v2.9 Lua Scripts.zip?dl=0   

Al

• Upvote 1

Nose wheel steering is assigned to Shift+N when using KeyControl.xml from my mods (which will always work regardless of the Lerjet version as long as FSW didn't change the associated L: vars and as long as XMLTools is installed).

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

I'm probably missing it but the GTN's aren't turning on...  am I missing the avionics power?  Where is it it's been so long since I've flown P3D....  I'm on the XP bandwagon these days.  

EDIT: Yep I'm a dummy.... found the switch on center pedestal

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

On 5/11/2017 at 9:28 AM, jason99vmi said:

You could hit the steer lock button on the center console.  :)

Thank you for that informative reply.

Bob

22 hours ago, ark said:

From the L35 Manual:
Steer lock switch can be assigned to the keyboard / joystick by using the “G1000_MFD_SOFTKEYS” assignment.
G1000_MFD_SOFTKEY2 = ON
G1000_MFD_SOFTKEY3 = OFF

An alternative if you want to use a single key or switch to toggle steer lock on and off is to use a Lua script. Info on Lua scripts is here:

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/491894-replacing-lear35a-mouse-clicks-with-keys-or-buttons/

A set of 28 Lua scripts for the Learjet 35A, including four AP scripts updated for the new version 2.9, can be found here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ylm4i8xk16hne84/Lear35v2.9 Lua Scripts.zip?dl=0   

Al

Thank you, I had been using 'shift-Q' but did read the revised manual with the new key assignments. 

Bob

On 5/10/2017 at 9:47 PM, rightseat said:

Absolutely! These guys put on a clinic. I will be among the first in line for the Falcon because I know it will be quality, and I know it will be well supported.

On 5/11/2017 at 5:51 AM, scottb613 said:

Hi Folks,

Yep - ditto on the Falcon - from my experience with the Lear - I'd make that purchase sight unseen...

If the C402 was ever brought up to the Lear standard - I'd be all over that as well - huge "Wings" and "Cape Air" fan (wish I could figure out a way to get enough hours to fly for them in retirement)...

Regards,

Scott

Falcon, what falcon?

Mark and team at Flysimware are currently working on a Falcon 50....some info on their web page!

Looking forward to this one for sure!

Cheers

Martin

Hi Ken,

Mark had pictures of the development effort of the VC somewhere - can't find them at the moment...

This is some "work in progress" shot of the exterior that was posted:

14567519_1771615106409763_84412502363657

Regards,

Scott

Thanks, I miss the old 50. Instant purchase from me when released. 

Hi Folks,

Did some testing with the Lear Version 2.9 - everything seems to be working flawlessly - what a great effort there FSW Team !!! Has to be one of the best autopilots ever made...

:cool:

Regards,
Scott