Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

Where do you place the Ortho4XP tile folder in the Scenery.ini order?

I have all my tiles created.  Was wondering, do you place the folder just ahead of H.D. Mesh 3, right near the bottom?

You've got to be kidding me...with many of you, already using this program, I'm not getting an answer??!?!

Hi Sesquashtoo,

I have my hd global scenery on the very bottom of the scenery ini, & then just above it  have uhd global scenery & then above that I have all my ortho4 xp files followed by yortho4xp_overlays I it works really well for me.  I keep them in numerical order as I add more tiles.

Ron

You should find useful informations in this thread

And btw HD mesh and Ortho tiles are exclusive, its one or the other, X-Plane simply load the one with top priority as define by your ini file.

Thanks for all the replies, and didn't know that you can have only one or the other...but I assume, that if you don't have a tile for an area, as Ortho, then UD Mesh will display, right?

49 minutes ago, Sesquashtoo said:

You've got to be kidding me...with many of you, already using this program, I'm not getting an answer??!?!

:rolleyes:

45 minutes ago, RonF said:

Hi Sesquashtoo,

I have my hd global scenery on the very bottom of the scenery ini, & then just above it  have uhd global scenery & then above that I have all my ortho4 xp files followed by yortho4xp_overlays I it works really well for me.  I keep them in numerical order as I add more tiles.

Ron

Thanks for that. I have my Mesh the same as you, and will place my folder called Ortho4XP_Tiles just above the UHD and HD Mesh entry. :)

1 minute ago, Chapstick said:

:rolleyes:

It sure took a few viewings, for answers to kick in...!

BTW, as an aside, Ortho generation is expensive on the GB's front.

I created 29 tiles, and they came to around 55GB's in generation!!!

39 minutes ago, nicksort said:

82 tiles @192 GB

I'm processing another 28 tiles tonight....while I Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz  Grabbing all of Michigan, as well as the U.P. Some in the Carib....totally hooked, which isn't probably a good thing for the pocket book....

Well...it seems that I had by mistake, embedded my tiles two folders down.  I only had one tile that was actually in the right place/format.

So...with the great help of Dave (Seagull)...all is great now.  Thanks for everybody's help, offered to this Ortho Newbie.  I appreciate all of it, VERY much!

Cheers,

Mitch/Ses