Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[20JUL17] Update thread for XPL users

Captains,

With our entry into the XPL simulation market, we added a bunch of new users to this forum who aren't used to the "norms" of how our forums operate, so I thought it might be helpful to put this post up in the pinned section to simplify things for everyone.

Here in the PMDG forum, we post occasional updates with information that is new, or needs to be re-presented for various reasons.  Generally speaking, you aren't going to see us say something like:  "We don't have any news about XYZ topic" unless it is directly related to the larger point being addressed in a post.

Also, since I am the official mouthpiece for PMDG- I have developed a habit of putting some information into the title of the thread to help you know what platform or product line I am referring to.  Generally speaking, I try to stick that that topic as I am already pretty long winded- and inserting unrelated information into my posts will only make them even longer and windier.  :biggrin:

This has caused a couple of folks to jump into threads specifically related to other simulation platforms and wonder aloud why I haven't mentioned something for their interest in XPL...  

To avoid anyone being made uncomfortable- I am putting this thread here in hopes that it helps quell some of the self-immolation being used in order to get information:

As announced in 2014: Our first product for XPL is the PMDG DC-6 Cloudmaster for XPL (win and Mac)  This product was released on 01JUN16.

As announced in 2014: After releasing that product on the XPL platform, we intend to release it on the FSX/P3D platforms.  Once that has taken place, we will evaluate tasking for that team and determine what they will do next.  We have many many choices for them, but a few too many moving pieces to make the decisions final at this stage of the game.

When/if we have more information on further new products for XPL, we will, obviously, let you know!

The next thing you might expect from us is an update to the XPL DC-6 based upon any changes/fixes we implemented product-wide during wrap up of development in the FSX/P3D environments.

New Item, 20JUL17:  With the release of the PMDG DC-6 Cloudmaster in FSX/P3D- we will be focused on those platforms and making certain that the DC-6 is delivering as a stable, predictable product, just as we did after the initial XPlane release in 2016.  Once we are through the release period, we will evaluate what product changes to roll back to the XPlane version of the DC-6 and on what timeframe we may make those changes.  We have no timeline for such decision making as yet, nor do we have a timeline for making the changes that are subject to that decision.  We will post more information here when we have it available.

• Upvote 13

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

5 minutes ago, rsrandazzo said:

The next thing you might expect from us is an update to the XPL DC-6 based upon any changes/fixes we implemented product-wide during wrap up of development in the FSX/P3D environments.

I was hoping for one for the 747 and/or the 777-200ER, actually.:biggrin:

Kidding. I know you'll post when you feel there's anything worth posting. Hardly have time to fly anyhow.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

1 hour ago, Captain Kevin said:

I was hoping for one for the 747 and/or the 777-200ER, actually.:biggrin:

Might as well do the 737 as well while you're at it...

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the update, Robert!

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

3 hours ago, rsrandazzo said:

Thanks for the update, Robert. Much appreciated!

Mario Donick .:. vFlyteAir

Thank you for the specific topic, i think this is important :)

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

I feel the tide turning...

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

3 hours ago, tgcbraun said:

I feel the tide turning...

In what way? :smile:

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

I hope this ends the war and some users would stop bm PMDG, FSX, P3D, and XP

I do fly dual (P3D & XP), well plus Flight Gear. :biggrin: I enjoy all of them. I bought X-Plane 11 and I am really impressed by it. I will continue investing products developed for all flight sim platforms. 

Thank you PMDG for bringing quality products to flight sims community! And I am looking forward to buying the new product you have for X-Plane platform! ;)

• Upvote 1

Gordon Harvey

P3D, XP11, Flightgear.

On 5/7/2017 at 5:31 AM, rsrandazzo said:

Captains,

With our entry into the XPL simulation market, we added a bunch of new users to this forum who aren't used to the "norms" of how our forums operate, so I thought it might be helpful to put this post up in the pinned section to simplify things for everyone.

Here in the PMDG forum, we post occasional updates with information that is new, or needs to be re-presented for various reasons.  Generally speaking, you aren't going to see us say something like:  "We don't have any news about XYZ topic" unless it is directly related to the larger point being addressed in a post.

Thanks for the clarification, Robert, much appreciated!

Yes, many people who buy a product for one platform are anxious to know what happens when the platform upgrades. They probably also assume the vendor is pro-active in that regard to keep their customer/fan base, the world is so weird ;-)

Tom Ross

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

X-Plane users waiting for a PMDG quality aircraft, note we are getting a professional A320 simulation developed for real world flight training from Flight Factor. While waiting for potential Boeing aircraft releases from PMDG, X-Plane users will have access to a highly sophisticated aircraft. My personal preference for the next PMDG X-Plane release is the 777, time and patience will tell.

Dave Bernstein

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Thanks for the info, Robert. It was definitely needed.

There are a bunch of people who are new to the XPL platform and just started with 11 who needed some assurance before buying (myself included).

Regards, Perry

On 5/6/2017 at 11:31 PM, rsrandazzo said:

Thanks for the update, would this include an update for xp11?  The biggest issue I have in xp11 is that switching from high to low blower has no effect on bmep, so the engine numbers are all way off at high altitudes.

Lian Li 011 Air Mini | AMD 7950X3D | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F | Arctic Cooling Liquid Freezer II 280mm RGB | 2x32GB G.Skill DDR5-6000 | ASUS TUF RTX 4090 | Seasonic Prime Platinum 1000W | Varjo Aero

13 hours ago, Pilot53 said:

Thanks for the update, would this include an update for xp11?  The biggest issue I have in xp11 is that switching from high to low blower has no effect on bmep, so the engine numbers are all way off at high altitudes.

This would be an indication that there's something else afoot. With XPL, this can be literally just about anything given the number of plug-ins and the tweaking nature of the community. In FSX, this would normally be something we'd attribute to FSUIPC, or a weather program. Without any interference, the blowers definitely have an effect on power output. Something must be getting in the way. You may want to have a run through your plug-ins.

Kyle Rodgers