Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[20JUL17] Update thread for XPL users

2 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

This would be an indication that there's something else afoot. With XPL, this can be literally just about anything given the number of plug-ins and the tweaking nature of the community. In FSX, this would normally be something we'd attribute to FSUIPC, or a weather program. Without any interference, the blowers definitely have an effect on power output. Something must be getting in the way. You may want to have a run through your plug-ins.

I think it has something to do with the changes they made to prop engine modeling in xp11.  Austin even said there is a new manifold pressure model.  I've tested this with a vanilla xp11 install with the same results.  Are you not seeing this behavior on your end?

Lian Li 011 Air Mini | AMD 7950X3D | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F | Arctic Cooling Liquid Freezer II 280mm RGB | 2x32GB G.Skill DDR5-6000 | ASUS TUF RTX 4090 | Seasonic Prime Platinum 1000W | Varjo Aero

14 minutes ago, Pilot53 said:

I think it has something to do with the changes they made to prop engine modeling in xp11.  Austin even said there is a new manifold pressure model.  I've tested this with a vanilla xp11 install with the same results.  Are you not seeing this behavior on your end?

Oh. Missed the XP11 bit. The DC-6 was developed for XP10 only. It might work in 11, but we don't support it there.

Kyle Rodgers

9 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

Oh. Missed the XP11 bit. The DC-6 was developed for XP10 only. It might work in 11, but we don't support it there.

I understand that, I was just wondering if Robert's comments regarding rolling new features into an xplane update might include xp11 compatibility too.  It works very in xp11, aside from the supercharger issue.

Lian Li 011 Air Mini | AMD 7950X3D | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F | Arctic Cooling Liquid Freezer II 280mm RGB | 2x32GB G.Skill DDR5-6000 | ASUS TUF RTX 4090 | Seasonic Prime Platinum 1000W | Varjo Aero

On 5/24/2017 at 6:25 PM, Pilot53 said:

I understand that, I was just wondering if Robert's comments regarding rolling new features into an xplane update might include xp11 compatibility too.  It works very in xp11, aside from the supercharger issue.

This is what has been keeping me from purchasing it as well. I tend to wait some time for initial quirks to get fixed and then XP11 got announced. I would buy it now if an eventual XP11 update would then be free of charge.

On 5/25/2017 at 8:13 PM, finkelstein said:

This is what has been keeping me from purchasing it as well. I tend to wait some time for initial quirks to get fixed and then XP11 got announced. I would buy it now if an eventual XP11 update would then be free of charge.

I would too.

50 minutes ago, Davidrebolton said:

Just in case its not been mentioned already, XP11 needs the NGX, 777 and 747 ;)

With thanks 

Desperately!

• Upvote 1

On 5/24/2017 at 11:49 AM, scandinavian13 said:

I apologize if this has been answered but RR stated that you guys would look into releasing some of the changes made to the DC-6 from the development of other platforms. Would this include an update to XP11 or will XP10 still be the only supported platform? 

Also the DC6 is an absolutely amazing aircraft however my usage of it may be affecting my marriage 😆

15 hours ago, Davidrebolton said:

With thanks 

The 747 isn't coming to XP (as per RSR's statement when asked about it on the 747 forum).

• Upvote 2

22 hours ago, Davidrebolton said:

With thanks 

Yes!

XP11 needs some PMDG level aircrafts!

José Fco. Ibáñez /// i7 6700k (Delid) @ 4,6 Ghz /// Asrock Z170 OC Formula /// 16GB RAM G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200 /// GTX 1070 Founders Edition 8GB /// LG 27UD58 4K 27' // OCZ Vertex 4 SSD (X-Plane 10) & SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD (P3D V3) /// Windows 10 Pro x64

sig_FSL-By-Wire.jpg

8 hours ago, gstreet said:

I apologize if this has been answered but RR stated that you guys would look into releasing some of the changes made to the DC-6 from the development of other platforms. Would this include an update to XP11 or will XP10 still be the only supported platform? 

Also the DC6 is an absolutely amazing aircraft however my usage of it may be affecting my marriage 😆

Unfortunately this is not being answered. I know me and many others are looking to pick up this beauty, but only if there is some form of future XP11 support.

• Upvote 3

On 7/10/2017 at 5:29 PM, finkelstein said:

Unfortunately this is not being answered. I know me and many others are looking to pick up this beauty, but only if there is some form of future XP11 support.

Hopefully we will receive some information at some point soon now that it's been released for the other sims.

On 7/10/2017 at 11:05 PM, jose88 said:

Yes!

XP11 needs some PMDG level aircrafts!

Did you try IXEG? FF 757? Awesome.

• Upvote 2

On 2017-7-23 at 6:04 AM, Xiropillo said:

Did you try IXEG? FF 757? Awesome.

As much as I love all my PMDG aircraft the IXEG tops everything. IMO (and many others)  it is thee best Boeing ever made for a flight simulator 

55 minutes ago, Davidrebolton said:

As much as I love all my PMDG aircraft the IXEG tops everything. IMO (and many others)  it is thee best Boeing ever made for a flight simulator 

Totally agree. There is something special in that aircraft. I don’t know if sounds, lights, raw navigation, I really don’t know but I love it. 

PMDG models are increíble but Classic 737 is awesome.