Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[20JUL17] Update thread for XPL users

8 minutes ago, Xiropillo said:

Totally agree. There is something special in that aircraft. I don’t know if sounds, lights, raw navigation, I really don’t know but I love it. 

PMDG models are increíble but Classic 737 is awesome. 

If PMDG could match the ixeg or even top it, they would be out there on their own as thee best hands down. 

If ixeg can make such an amazing product in XP why can't PMDG? 

6 minutes ago, Davidrebolton said:

If PMDG could match the ixeg or even top it, they would be out there on their own as thee best hands down. 

If ixeg can make such an amazing product in XP why can't PMDG? 

Maybe they don’t need to. I really don’t need them to do it. 

I enjoy both systems and I have my favorites each time I choose which one using.

Sim community is big enough for different preferences and my hard disk is big enough for a little bit of everything. : )

Gents,

Last I checked, we haven't give anyone any inclination as to what we are working on.  I think it is cute to see so much uninformed conjecture as to what/where/when/why and how we will or will not do next.

Please though- do try and stick to the facts as we have outlined them.  I really don't want to have to start treating the XPlane proselytizers the same way I treat the religion peddlers that appear on my doorstep from time to time.  :blink:

• Upvote 3

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

I think that my post, if you are referring to it, if not sorry, was misunderstood as I was only saying that there are good products on each platform, for every likes and every simmer requirements. 

I have all PMDG products, except DC6 and use P3D for them. In fact I am waiting for the release of last pack, 600 and 700, for getting V4 and use only PMDG products. I will keep V3 only for FSL 320.

I use XPlane for IXEG 737 and I don’t expect you to release any product for XPlane and I don’t expect IXEG for developing for P3D.

I am happy with variety and that makes it funnier.

Maybe is not the correct post or forum to compare or naming other developers but that was not in negative way.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Xiropillo said:

Maybe they don’t need to. I really don’t need them to do it. 

I enjoy both systems and I have my favorites each time I choose which one using.

Sim community is big enough for different preferences and my hard disk is big enough for a little bit of everything. : )

Don't need - Greatly want lol! 

I adore my NGX in P3D, and the rest, but they have unfortunately been gathering dust in the hanger while I'm fully decking XP11 out. R2 with Ortho is just simply incredible! jaw drops every time.

Wouldn't rule out using P3D in conjunction with XP but for the time being XP is just light years ahead in my eyes, for many reasons.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, rsrandazzo said:

Gents,

Last I checked, we haven't give anyone any inclination as to what we are working on.  I think it is cute to see so much uninformed conjecture as to what/where/when/why and how we will or will not do next.

Please though- do try and stick to the facts as we have outlined them.  I really don't want to have to start treating the XPlane proselytizers the same way I treat the religion peddlers that appear on my doorstep from time to time.  :blink:

It is funny how emotions run high with regard to  what/where/when/why lol... You guys must have the biggest grin on your faces, knowing what you'll be giving us yet watching the drama unfold! God damn you but keep up the good work :biggrin:

4 hours ago, rsrandazzo said:

Gents,

Thanks for chiming in, Robert. Most of us just like the product and would love to fly it, but would obviously find it hard investing the price with this (from the consumer's perspective) uncertainty. :laugh: We'll be patient for news!

On 5/6/2017 at 11:31 PM, rsrandazzo said:

self-immolation

I had to look that up.
Damn you Boston College.

Bob Donovan - KBOS

• Hardware: i7 11700k on ROG Strix Z590 ► Asus ROG GeForce 3070 ►FDS 737 FMC ► VRInsight 737 Overhead ► GoFlight TQ6 ADV ► Thrustmaster Warthog
  • Software: P3D ► MSFS ► XP11 ► DCS World

Robert, I know some of us X-plane users haven't been on our best behavior in the forums and I apologize for that.. bottom line is X-plane will benefit tremendously if PMDG product lines made their way into our sim..  I also believe PMDG devs will benefit too when you start making products for XPL because the platform is so advanced with the PBR, dynamic lighting, etc, that it gives devs more freedom to stretch their imagination.. 

I hope your decision to invest in XPL will be purely based on the merits/demerits of the platform, market size etc and not by our cranky, whiny impatient behavior!

• Upvote 2

Vinod Kumar

i9 10900K 5.3 Ghz, RTX 3090, 32GB RAM, Win 10 Pro.

Alpha-Yoke, Bravo-Throttles, ThrustMaster-Sidestick & Quadrant, TM-Rudder, LG 32" 1080p.

4 minutes ago, vin747 said:

Robert, I know some of us X-plane users haven't been on our best behavior in the forums and I apologize for that.. bottom line is X-plane will benefit tremendously if PMDG product lines made their way into our sim..  I also believe PMDG devs will benefit too when you start making products for XPL because the platform is so advanced with the PBR, dynamic lighting, etc, that it gives devs more freedom to stretch their imagination.. 

I hope your decision to invest in XPL will be purely based on the merits/demerits of the platform, market size etc and not by our cranky, whiny impatient behavior!

As a company, their decision to invest in XPL will depend on whether they're going to turn a profit or not. It's hard for XPL fans to believe, but their fan base really isn't that big

31 minutes ago, PMDG777 said:

As a company, their decision to invest in XPL will depend on whether they're going to turn a profit or not. It's hard for XPL fans to believe, but their fan base really isn't that big

Fortunately there's been an upsurge of new users after the release of XP11, and that is continuing week after week, month after month. This is evident from several hints (Google Trends, Youtube videos, forums, etc.).

Laminar Research has expanded their staff in the last months, and the first results are already showing. If they continue on this pace, the market share of X-Plane will continue its steady grow. We'll see...

Marco Ottaviano

• Upvote 2

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

1 hour ago, Murmur said:

Fortunately there's been an upsurge of new users after the release of XP11, and that is continuing week after week, month after month. This is evident from several hints (Google Trends, Youtube videos, forums, etc.).

Laminar Research has expanded their staff in the last months, and the first results are already showing. If they continue on this pace, the market share of X-Plane will continue its steady grow. We'll see...

Marco Ottaviano

I agree it would be could for X-Plane to get more high end developers like PMDG, hopefully the potential sales numbers works in your favour.

7 hours ago, vin747 said:

I also believe PMDG devs will benefit too when you start making products for XPL because the platform is so advanced with the PBR, dynamic lighting, etc, that it gives devs more freedom to stretch their imagination.. 

I beta tested the DC6 in XP10 and when that was done I removed XP from my computer.  I had a couple of issues that kept me from liking it, aside from the very clunky UI (could get used to that) was the fact that it didn't have seasons and the very pretty DC6 couldn't be seen with shinny polished aluminum surfaces.  I didn't investigate the weather, it didn't seem to have anything equivalent to ActiveSky.  Has XP11 introduced seasons, weather and materials rendering a little more up to date?  That would be interesting.

• Upvote 2

Dan Downs KCRP

55 minutes ago, downscc said:

I had a couple of issues that kept me from liking it, aside from the very clunky UI (could get used to that) was the fact that it didn't have seasons and the very pretty DC6 couldn't be seen with shinny polished aluminum surfaces.  I didn't investigate the weather, it didn't seem to have anything equivalent to ActiveSky.  Has XP11 introduced seasons, weather and materials rendering a little more up to date?  That would be interesting.

XP11 introduced:

.a new and more user friendly UI

.Physically Based Rendering (so now shiny metal surfaces are supported, and XP11 has indeed the most advanced material rendition among all flight sims)

.some improvements in the weather visuals.

Still no seasons, although it's not an issue for many people who use orthophoto scenery, due to its ease of use in XP.

Procedural seasons (i.e. terrain changing dynamically based on season, rain, snow, etc.) is planned for the future. Not for XP11 unfortunately, where the implementation of seasonal terrain textures is left to 3rd parties developers.

Marco Ottaviano

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

Not trying to brag here (maybe a little), but IMHO, the XP11 GUI is the best in the market right now.. also, XP 11 has the reflective materials thing (they call it PBR) and yes it is the best in the market again..  its not just shiny metal but reflective metal that reflects the environment truly.. you can see the jetways reflection on the fuselage.. the VC also has reflective glass.. when u move the throttle, you can see its mirror reflection on the PFD..  

Vinod Kumar

i9 10900K 5.3 Ghz, RTX 3090, 32GB RAM, Win 10 Pro.

Alpha-Yoke, Bravo-Throttles, ThrustMaster-Sidestick & Quadrant, TM-Rudder, LG 32" 1080p.