Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[20JUL17] Update thread for XPL users

1 minute ago, Davidrebolton said:

pointless topic. next subject

But you were the one who questioned their business motives in the first place. Nonetheless, I agree, let’s move on.

John,

Yes.  Let us move on- and get back to that discussion about you purchasing the 747-8 at full price...

I have the bank ready to accept the order, please let me know when.  :cool:

• Upvote 3

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

17 minutes ago, rsrandazzo said:

John,

Yes.  Let us move on- and get back to that discussion about you purchasing the 747-8 at full price...

You must choose, do you want the -8 at full price or that special little DC-6 you wanted to rescue?:biggrin:

1 hour ago, rsrandazzo said:

Gents,

I think this has become a tempest in a tea kettle over a phrase that Kyle and Chris have used that I don't necessarily agree with.

Whether or not we promised XPlane11 coverage is entirely and completely unimportant to me- and I have suggested to our team that they not state "but we never promised XPlane 11 compatibility" in reply here any longer.  Not because it isn't true- but because it simply isn't relevant.

What **is** relevant is that we have a well-and-clearly-defined decision making process that we will go through, and that business process will inform as to whether nor not we update the DC-6 to XPlane 11 compatibility.

There is no decision yet in this regard, and given our task focus in other areas at the moment we do not yet have a timeline for making such a decision.  Demanding that I restate this position 200 times won't change the fact that we really haven't given it much thought at this point, nor will we until we are ready to retask currently employed development assets.

There are a couple of folks in this thread who have tried to impart hidden intention that "PMDG killed off the DC-6 for XPlane" by warping the discussion.  Please disregard those folks and their input to the conversation.  If there is any doubt about my ability to speak clearly, please see my rather statements in reply to requests that we restart the MD-11 product development cycle over the past five years.  That should alleviate any interim concerns about the clarity of my position on this matter.

Thank you Robert, I appreciate your level-headed and reasonable answer. That is the kind of approach that we expect from a reputable company such as PMDG. Locking topics and giving somewhat brusque answers to costumers does not sound like the most effective PR strategy.

Thiago Braun

• Upvote 4

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

11 minutes ago, tgcbraun said:

Thank you Robert, I appreciate your level-headed and reasonable answer. That is the kind of approach that we expect from a reputable company such as PMDG. Locking topics and giving somewhat brusque answers to costumers does not sound like the most effective PR strategy.

Thiago Braun

Fitting as RSR is the only official spokesperson of PMDG, he’s great isn’t he?

2 hours ago, rsrandazzo said:

Gents,

I think this has become a tempest in a tea kettle over a phrase that Kyle and Chris have used that I don't necessarily agree with.

Whether or not we promised XPlane11 coverage is entirely and completely unimportant to me- and I have suggested to our team that they not state "but we never promised XPlane 11 compatibility" in reply here any longer.  Not because it isn't true- but because it simply isn't relevant.

What **is** relevant is that we have a well-and-clearly-defined decision making process that we will go through, and that business process will inform as to whether nor not we update the DC-6 to XPlane 11 compatibility.

There is no decision yet in this regard, and given our task focus in other areas at the moment we do not yet have a timeline for making such a decision.  Demanding that I restate this position 200 times won't change the fact that we really haven't given it much thought at this point, nor will we until we are ready to retask currently employed development assets.

There are a couple of folks in this thread who have tried to impart hidden intention that "PMDG killed off the DC-6 for XPlane" by warping the discussion.  Please disregard those folks and their input to the conversation.  If there is any doubt about my ability to speak clearly, please see my rather statements in reply to requests that we restart the MD-11 product development cycle over the past five years.  That should alleviate any interim concerns about the clarity of my position on this matter.

Much better said, I think the point is clear in this post.  

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, icaruss said:

Much better said, I think the point is clear in this post.  

Agreed!

3 hours ago, rsrandazzo said:

John,

Never going to happen (as much as I'd like lol) ... Moved to that 'better sim' ... And believe me, if I wanted it id get it for inconvenience of pressing some buttons, but your worth supporting hence all purchases, remember that :cool:

....good for business 

1 hour ago, Davidrebolton said:

Never going to happen (as much as I'd like lol) ... Moved to that 'better sim' ... And believe me, if I wanted it id get it for inconvenience of pressing some buttons, but your worth supporting hence all purchases, remember that :cool:

....good for business 

What are you referring to here? I’m trying to figure out how I’ll get a small loan of $400 million dollars to pay RSR :laugh:

17 minutes ago, Milton Waddams said:

What are you referring to here? I’m trying to figure out how I’ll get a small loan of $400 million dollars to pay RSR :laugh:

Just proved your age if you meant that.trying to have a tactful, constructive small convocation here. Move on again. New topic

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Davidrebolton said:

Just proved your age if you meant that.trying to have a tactful small convocation here. Move on again. New topic

Honestly, I’m just trying to have a bit of fun, to lighten the mood after that big debate between us. Just chill, we’re all friends here! 

RSR, who shall I make the check out to? Do note that I will not be able to buy anymore of your products since I’ll be living on the street $400 million in debt, hope you understand:biggrin:

• Upvote 1

John,

Is okay- I thought it was funny and got the humor.

Dave:  You might want to take some time off from the forum.  Your sense of humor seems to have escaped.

• Upvote 1

As a long time XP developer, personally I think it was a wise decision by PMDG to hold off any XP11 updates until atleast XP v 11.10.  XP 11 has (as usual) been a moving target flight model wise (and other stuff). This is tradition in a new XP run which normally does not stabilize until v xx.1 or xx.2  Especially on the prop/engine side of things (DC6) things have been a work in progress for the past year.  Any effort made by PMDG since XP11.0 release would mostly have been a waist of time with a very high risk of work being broken. To me it shows that PMDG sets quality and stability first, and I'm sure they had enough on their plates and better time spent on P3D in this period. Also not to mention this is their first XP project, and an early 11 release could have given them a support nightmare and bad reputation.

We now after 11.1 expect things to stabilize (by experience), and XP developers now can get back in the game without a big risk of their work being broken by LR. So we now have a few years of sunshine and peace ahead, and I'm sure PMDG will be a part of it one way or the other - atleast I hope so :)

M

• Upvote 13

Morten,

Interesting perspective, thank you for sharing.

I hadn't even considered that issue due to our lack of experience working with the platform- but it certain bears consideration.  In the current instance the driving issue is our own workload internally.  Once can only carry so much stuff in one's hands, if you follow my meaning.

• Upvote 4

On 02/12/2017 at 8:32 AM, rsrandazzo said:

John,

Is okay- I thought it was funny and got the humor.

Dave:  You might want to take some time off from the forum.  Your sense of humor seems to have escaped.

I'm backkkkk :biggrin:.  Not here for a slanging match at all. Its a touchy subject but at the end of the day it's your business so you run it as you see fit.