Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[20JUL17] Update thread for XPL users

On 5. desember 2017 at 3:52 PM, rsrandazzo said:

Once can only carry so much stuff in one's hands, if you follow my meaning.

Sure do Robert. Let us know if there is something we can do to help alleviate/speed things up for you porting one of your projects over. 

• Upvote 2

Oh. A potential partnership between IXEG and PMDG would be very cool! :)

Thiago Braun

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

3 hours ago, MortenM said:

Sure do Robert. Let us know if there is something we can do to help alleviate/speed things up for you porting one of your projects over. 

I don't think that is what he was implying, as the whole discussion so far has been about an XP11 update for the DC-6.

• Upvote 1

On 04/12/2017 at 4:28 AM, MortenM said:

As a long time XP developer, personally I think it was a wise decision by PMDG to hold off any XP11 updates until atleast XP v 11.10.  XP 11 has (as usual) been a moving target flight model wise (and other stuff). This is tradition in a new XP run which normally does not stabilize until v xx.1 or xx.2  Especially on the prop/engine side of things (DC6) things have been a work in progress for the past year.  Any effort made by PMDG since XP11.0 release would mostly have been a waist of time with a very high risk of work being broken. To me it shows that PMDG sets quality and stability first, and I'm sure they had enough on their plates and better time spent on P3D in this period. Also not to mention this is their first XP project, and an early 11 release could have given them a support nightmare and bad reputation.

We now after 11.1 expect things to stabilize (by experience), and XP developers now can get back in the game without a big risk of their work being broken by LR. So we now have a few years of sunshine and peace ahead, and I'm sure PMDG will be a part of it one way or the other - atleast I hope so :)

M

Nice to see you here Morten, I'm looking forward to seeing more updates for the IXEG going forward as XP11 matures.

X-Plane is definitely rapidly moving foundation for addon developers, if you look at FlightFactor they're pumping out updates all the time, which is something FSX/P3D developers are not used to. I mean FSX's code is practically fixed for many years, and relatively few simmers use the Steam Edition.

• Upvote 5

Guest TBM930

I have not been in Avsim Forums for a long time mainly because I have not used a computer flight sim for a few years.

Glad to hear that there are still plans to make/transfer PMDG products to X-Plane not that it is stable. I dearly miss my FSX MD-11 and I was greatly disappointed when it was not refreshed. Now that I am coming back to the world of flight simulation I am getting old so I just want to use one sim and have decided on X-Plane 11.

Has the Cloudmaster been a commercial success for PMDG for X-Plane? Just wondering how many sales is considered a success or failure over what period of time? I am not interested in learning that bird. I was really surprised when that was announced by PMDG in 2014 (I believe). I thought the first release would have been something more popular or commercially safe, such as a (737/777/747). I would gladly fund a kick starter to add more resources to PDMG to rollout more planes for X-Plane, especially if it was for my beloved MD-11 :biggrin:

Regards

There is already a study level MD 11 coming out in xp11 this year or next from rotatesim.. 

I would like pmdg to bring in their 777 series that's sorely missed in xp11.. 

Vinod Kumar

i9 10900K 5.3 Ghz, RTX 3090, 32GB RAM, Win 10 Pro.

Alpha-Yoke, Bravo-Throttles, ThrustMaster-Sidestick & Quadrant, TM-Rudder, LG 32" 1080p.

18 minutes ago, TBM930 said:

I have not been in Avsim Forums for a long time mainly because I have not used a computer flight sim for a few years.

Glad to hear that there are still plans to make/transfer PMDG products to X-Plane not that it is stable. I dearly miss my FSX MD-11 and I was greatly disappointed when it was not refreshed. Now that I am coming back to the world of flight simulation I am getting old so I just want to use one sim and have decided on X-Plane 11.

Has the Cloudmaster been a commercial success for PMDG for X-Plane? Just wondering how many sales is considered a success or failure over what period of time? I am not interested in learning that bird. I was really surprised when that was announced by PMDG in 2014 (I believe). I thought the first release would have been something more popular or commercially safe, such as a (737/777/747). I would gladly fund a kick starter to add more resources to PDMG to rollout more planes for X-Plane, especially if it was for my beloved MD-11 :biggrin:

Regards

Pat, 

just to make it short... Welcome Back to the flightsim community and to the PMDG forum...

They have very clearly stated that they will NOT do any version of the MD-11 again, neither for FSX, nor for P3D nor for XP. This decision has been made and told by Robert Randazzo much to our regret, but we can't change it.. unfortunatly. The MD-11 will be loved by those who still have them on FSX and and not be forgot by those who have no more...

Regarding the DC-6 and wether it was a commercial success: you won't get any answer from PMDG to that particular question as they never talk about their internal business decisions. WHAT they have said is that the DC-6 was never MEANT to be a hugh success but a possibility to learn and try out about and with X-Plane 10 and ONLY XP10 so far until nothing else has been announced. They do simply not know yet if it will be ported over to XP11, they haven't had any time to seriously evaluate this. So.. better don't expect an answer on this either, at least not by the team.

• Upvote 2

Marc,

Nicely explained, thanks.  I appreciate the help in communicating the message.  I get tired of repeating myself and you (amazingly) hit the data-points pretty much dead on! 

(Don't let the others know- they much prefer it if you misquote me and then they get to be mad at me because they think I said what you said I said even though I didn't say what you said I said...  :ph34r:)

As you can tell by looking at some of my other updates, we have a TON of stuff on our plates at the moment, and the team really isn't big enough to take on more- but hopefully as we begin to push some of the current workflow into release, we will be able to circle back and evaluate/communicate a bit more on a long term plan vis a vis XPlane.

• Upvote 6

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Nice update! As an user of both platforms, and even though I am very happy to hear about the new goodies on the 748, it is also very nice to know that PMDG has not given up on the XP platform all together.

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

23 minutes ago, rsrandazzo said:

Marc,

Nicely explained, thanks.  I appreciate the help in communicating the message.  I get tired of repeating myself and you (amazingly) hit the data-points pretty much dead on! 

(Don't let the others know- they much prefer it if you misquote me and then they get to be mad at me because they think I said what you said I said even though I didn't say what you said I said...  :ph34r:)

As you can tell by looking at some of my other updates, we have a TON of stuff on our plates at the moment, and the team really isn't big enough to take on more- but hopefully as we begin to push some of the current workflow into release, we will be able to circle back and evaluate/communicate a bit more on a long term plan vis a vis XPlane.

Nice update! As an user of both platforms, and even though I am extremely happy to hear about the new goodies on the 748, it is also very nice to know that PMDG has not given up on the XP platform all together.

3 hours ago, rsrandazzo said:

Marc,

Robert, 

I‘ve always prefered to keep everything cool and have fun, whatever I do. I do not necessarily have to agree with your business decisions to accept them, as I am not in the position to change them anyway. :laugh: So at least I can try to keep people informed correctly and keep those threads clean... enough have gone bad in the past when people „knew“ that PMDG had said this and that but actually it was a rumour on youtube comments :huh:

Well, and to be honest... I have no idea how big or small PMDG actually is, in 20 years you have released „just a few“ airplanes and worked on them... but what is actually more important: none of them were released as a work in progress. They have all been developed, been properly tested and always used to have just little issues... If you compare this to others... what I want to say: I personally am absolutely aware about what it means to deliver products like you do. Modelling systems for let‘s say the latest 747 requires beside an in depth knowledge of the P3D SDK and so on also a knowledge of the airplanes systems that goes far beyond any type rating or maintenance knowledge. And to learn all this about airplanes like big airliners... if time is the required factor, man has the advantage that he doesn‘t have to care about it, it will run anyway.. :happy:

6 hours ago, rsrandazzo said:

but hopefully as we begin to push some of the current workflow into release, we will be able to circle back and evaluate/communicate a bit more on a long term plan vis a vis XPlane.

Interesting news, I was starting to think you guys hate xplane :P

I hope your 748 project goes well, and then I guess you’ll start implementing those new features to older planes, then a 737 max? After that xplane? Anyways there’s obviously a long road ahead for you guys

4 hours ago, ArborVitae said:

Interesting news, I was starting to think you guys hate xplane :P

Cemre,

No- we really don't have an emotion one way or another about any platform.  Unfortunately there are folks who like to assign us one.

Personally there are things about each platform that I like and dislike- and as a developer I find some of the features of each to be intriguing from a development standpoint.  What I lack is time to do everything I want.  :laugh:

• Upvote 1

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

25 minutes ago, rsrandazzo said:

What I lack is time to do everything I want.  :laugh:

Time to outsource to India:biggrin:

• Upvote 1