Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[20JUL17] Update thread for XPL users

10 minutes ago, Milton Waddams said:

Time to outsource to India:biggrin:

:blink:

Guest TBM930

Thank you Robert and everyone for taking the time to answer. Getting back into the flight simming world is sort of confusing and bitter/sweet. Last time I flew I had FSX and X-Plane 9! I love X-Plane 11 but miss FSX's ATC and having at least generic airports everywhere but I cannot go back to FSX/P3D environment, it just seems too outdated even with a 64 bit engine and it no longer even has a real weather engine (without buying one of course). I will just have to be patient and see if one day, you and your company decide to move forward with XP 11 😂 Until then PMDG's study sims will be missed.

4 minutes ago, TBM930 said:

but miss FSX's ATC

Are you kidding? O.o 

2 hours ago, Ephedrin said:

Are you kidding? O.o 

I mean, compared to what's available on XPL, it's actually better.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

Kyle Rodgers

Guest TBM930
On 12/9/2017 at 7:12 AM, GCBraun said:

Oh. A potential partnership between IXEG and PMDG would be very cool! :)

Thiago Braun

I just bought the IXEG 737 classic + manual. I was hungry for a study sim😄 MD-11 (actually DC-10) was the first plane I flew on as a kid. The 737 classic was the second with Piedmont airlines and Eastern. Here is a pic I took of the Piedmont crew.

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/40362-piedmont-n348us-for-ixeg-737-300-xp-11/&sort=newest&tab=reviews#review-69550

1 hour ago, TBM930 said:

I just bought the IXEG 737 classic + manual. I was hungry for a study sim😄 MD-11 (actually DC-10) was the first plane I flew on as a kid. The 737 classic was the second with Piedmont airlines and Eastern. Here is a pic I took of the Piedmont crew.

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/40362-piedmont-n348us-for-ixeg-737-300-xp-11/&sort=newest&tab=reviews#review-69550

Very cool. I also have a fall for the 300! It was also one of the first planes that I flew on! The IXEG is amazing and I still think it has the best "immersion feeling" in all of flight-simulation (esp. when you fly it in VR).

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

Guest TBM930
7 hours ago, GCBraun said:

Very cool. I also have a fall for the 300! It was also one of the first planes that I flew on! The IXEG is amazing and I still think it has the best "immersion feeling" in all of flight-simulation (esp. when you fly it in VR).

Oh ...I have not done that yet! Step 1 buy a better monitor. I still use a 10 year old 22" BenQ! 

10 hours ago, TBM930 said:

One thing I love about the ixeg 737, is the flickering instruments you get when switching power source. Especially the crt’s Is one thing I remember very well from working on the Fokker 70&100. Adds so much immersion Imho.

sig1.png
sig2.png

Guest TBM930
On 01/02/2018 at 10:11 PM, Ephedrin said:

Are you kidding? O.o 

Yes as a real pilot I usually fly with ATC. With Sim Brief you can export the entire IFR route and ATC will know where you are going. I know there is always vatsim but I do not always feel like longing on.

4 hours ago, TBM930 said:

Yes as a real pilot I usually fly with ATC. With Sim Brief you can export the entire IFR route and ATC will know where you are going. I know there is always vatsim but I do not always feel like longing on.

Yes that works quite well if you treat it that way, but I absolutely don‘t like getting vectored through mountains approaching on IFR flights :laugh: but if the weather provides IMC conditions and I cancel IFR to fly a proper approach I get the answer „airport is currently IFR, request denied“ :ph34r:

I just got the latest update to Drzewiecki Design's NYC and NYC Airports for XP11.  The only thing missing in this video I made, is a PMDG 737.  I look forward to a future update on XP plans.  I would personally love to see a P3D and XP version of the future MAX/NG3 project!

• Upvote 2

LUIS LINARES

Processor: Intel Core i9 6700K 9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) Eight Core; CPU Cooling: NXXT Kraken X62 280mm CPU Liquid Cooler; System Memory: 64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM @ 3200 MHz, RGB; Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GDDR6, Primary Drive: 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive (SSD)

19 hours ago, Luis_KMIA said:

I just got the latest update to Drzewiecki Design's NYC and NYC Airports for XP11.  The only thing missing in this video I made, is a PMDG 737.  I look forward to a future update on XP plans.  I would personally love to see a P3D and XP version of the future MAX/NG3 project

Forget it. PMDG can not work in X-Plane. They do not have people and skills. Their first and last work (DC-6) are already falling into oblivion. They need people for other platforms.

Update from DD looks good.

Happy flight to everyone.

• Upvote 1

"They do not have people and skills"

Oh boy.  To quote Star Wars fans:  The Stupid Runs Strong in This One.

• Upvote 4

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Guest TBM930
37 minutes ago, rsrandazzo said:

"They do not have people and skills"

Oh boy.  To quote Star Wars fans:  The Stupid Runs Strong in This One.

You will just have to laugh that one off with this film clip (a modern classic) :