Hi. I have been running FSX SE for awhile now at around 16-25 FPS with the Aerosoft Airbus and GSX. I am going to sell my pc and am going to buy a new one. I have a budget of $400-$450 and am planning to run the addons above, sceneries, and possibly FTX global. I want to be able to run 25 to anything above 30. I have been looking at custom built rigs you can buy online but i am still unsure about what Graphics card is minimum. All responses are appreciated and I want to thank the dedicated community. :biggrin:

Not a hope in hell with that budget.  You will be able to put something together for that price, but no chance of it running anywhere near how you want it to.  To have a machine run like that, your looking at spending AT LEAST your whole budget just on the graphics card

P3D v4.5 MSFS2020 Hisense 50" 4K TV

Ryzen 5800X, 32gb DDR 3600mhz, MSI B550 PRO VDH WiFi, MSI 6900XT Z Trio, Gammaxx L360, 1TB NVMe Boot/FS2020 Drive, 1TB NVMe P3D Drive, 1Tb Crucial SSD Storage Drive, Saitek Yoke, Pedals, Radio Panel, Switch Panel, 2 x FiPs

UKV6427

Agreed^

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Unfortunately even a $5k machine will not guarantee 30 fps. 

I would continue to save and build on your current investment 

ZORAN

You want to learn more about what to do. Well come to the Flight Sim Convention at the Bradley INTL Airport in June. Fight Sim Con is who you register and book with. It's a two day event. There is lot's to see and all the people that can help.  Boston Virtual ATCC.  Hope you go. There is everything to learn there, about who is who, and who you might want to buy from. Just sharing.

So, I did some reasearch and I am expanding my budget to 600-700 dollars. Ignore all the things I wanted to do with the addons up there. I did my research on pc building on a budget and am planning to build a pc with specs in the description of this video. Since the video is advertise as a 350$ gaming pc(I did some calculations it clocks out to about 500 lol) I have some room for any parts you guys suggest! Also, thankyou for the replies

There is also this build if this one is better

Also I have been looking at builds on his channel so if you want to you can look around and maybe tell me which build would be good for fsx

Edited by cakeisawesome04

So, I did a little research and am wondering if this would be substantial for FSX:

ASUS H81M-A MicroATX DDR3 1333 LGA 1150 Motherboards

Ballistix Sport 8GB Kit (4GBx2) DDR3 1600 MT/s (PC3-12800) CL9 @1.5V UDIMM 240-Pin Memory BLS2KIT4G3D1609DS1S00

WD Blue 1TB SATA 6 Gb/s 7200 RPM 64MB Cache 3.5 Inch Desktop Hard Drive (WD10EZEX)

EVGA 500 W1, 80+ WHITE 500W, 3 Year Warranty, Power Supply 100-W1-0500-KR

Intel Core i5 6600K 3.50 GHz Quad Core Skylake Desktop Processor, Socket LGA 1151, 6MB Cache (BX80662I56600K)

EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB GAMING, ACX 2.0 (Single Fan), 3GB GDDR5, DX12 OSD Support (PXOC) Graphics Cards 03G-P4-6160-KR

The i5 6600K will not work in the ASUS H81M-A motherboard listed.  The CPU is 1151 pins, but the motherboard only accepts an 1150 pin CPU.  Also, the memory you list is DDR3 and is for an 1150 pin CPU.  Think about looking at a Haswell CPU (1150 pin and performs quite well.  Another choice is Devils Canyon... also 1150 pin). Other than that your budget build looks good for the price.  Press on and good luck!

Greg

Also I updated my cpu to the Intel i5 4690k processor 3.5 GHz LGA 1150 (:biggrin:), and as for the memory what would you suggest in terms of staying within the price range of the original listed?

2 hours ago, cakeisawesome04 said:

Also I updated my cpu to the Intel i5 4690k processor 3.5 GHz LGA 1150 (:biggrin:)

Good choice!  Great bang for the buck.  Regarding memory, anything on this page will do fine:

https://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=100007611 601190327 600006157 8000 600006069 600006127&IsNodeId=1&bop=And&PageSize=36&order=BESTMATCH

One final challenge... The best chipset for gaming/simming with the 4XXX series cpu is the Z97.  MicroATX boards with the Z97 chipset can be hard to find but may be worth the effort.  Only you can decide if they're worth the price.  At the very least look for a 97 series chipset MicroATX motherboard.

Greg