Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[07MAY17] The sorts of behaviors that cause me concern...

Sounds to me like the greedy management over at DT seem to forget we now have three offerings besides them to choose from. XP11, P3D & Aerofly.  I certainly will not waste any time or $$ on the company limiting developers! If I am buying a quality product I want 110% of my money staying in the hands of that developers so they stay motivated and keen to continue development. 

• Upvote 1

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

1 hour ago, rsrandazzo said:

...We have required users to sign their posts in this forum since 1999...  This is detailed at the top of the forum and we expect and appreciate your compliance.

Terribly sorry old boy but I had to go hunting to find that stipulation, since this thread was linked from elsewhere.

I've nothing to say about FSW unless and until they release an SDK – and any restrictions/stipulations/mandatory requirements on how third-party add-ons (if there are to be any) are sold or released as freeware. While I appreciate your and others' concerns, what we don't have at the moment are the facts.

Respectfully, T Faulds

No PMDG  =  No FSW

Simple as that.

• Upvote 1

Robin Heinis                                                                                                                    SIM Pilot 
FSX-SE DX10 Preview mode with Steve's DX10 Fixer..PMDG MD-11..NGX..777..747 v3.."PMDG made EZ" (EZdok / ChasePlane profile package I made for all PMDG airliners, see AVSIM library)
Addons: ORBX..REX 4..REX SF..AS16/ASCA..EZCA..FS Global Ultimate NG..FlyTampa..FSFX..FS Passengers X..FS Real Time..FS2Crew..GSX..Navigraph..PFPX..TOPCAT..Pro-ATC/X..UT2..
PC specs: Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.6 GHz..ASUS ROG STRIX-GTX1080-O8G-GAMING..Corsair Dominator Platinum 16 GB..4x Samsung 850 EVO..2x WD Black in RAID 1..Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit

Why even start this thread? No one forces anyone to develop for a different platform. Look at Xplane and all the quality FSX developers who refuse to develop for it, but you don't see Laminar trying to pour salt on them. Just seems petty to me. 

• Upvote 3

Storm in a teacup

• Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

2 hours ago, Boomer said:

The issue is your derogatory attitude.

I submit you are in the wrong community forum...

+++1

4 hours ago, Narutokun said:

I agree the anger is getting a little out of hand. Robert stated that they do not know for certain what the situation will be and my own comments were about the concerns expressed by developers over the current state of affairs with FSX SE being carried over to FSW. Concerns are not certainties and don't warrant the angered tone I see from some both here and in the FSW forums.

My thoughts exactly. I think the conjecture and emotion is getting the best of the Avsim community yet again. 

• Upvote 1

Let me guess.... you want 64bit. 

Josh Daniels-Johannson

3 hours ago, tgcbraun said:

Even though I did not offend anyone, my posts were deleted and I've received a warning. Owning almost every PMDG product ever made, I feel disrespected as customer for expressing what I feel is a legitimate position. I won't be posting here anymore.

Thiago Braun

You had some of the best points here, sad to see they were deleted because you didnt agree with the hostility of this thread.

• Upvote 2

Let me guess.... you want 64bit. 

Josh Daniels-Johannson

Gents,

A few folks appear to be construing my concerns as speaking out against Dovetail- or wishing failure upon their project.  Nothing could be further from the truth.  To the contrary, I would love to see them succeed and become a major player in growing the marketplace for many years to come.

A perfect scenario for PMDG, as I have been stating for a few years now, is one in which we can sell you a 747 to fly on the platform of YOUR choice, not ours.  That means X-Plane, Prepar3D or whatever becomes of the former MSFS franchise in Dovetail's hands.

To reaffirm my larger point, it is this:

If Dovetail intends to require that all content created for Flight Sim World be published via their steam channel as a pre-condition to allowing it to be sold via outside, traditional channels, then this is a change in position from assurances that were provided to third party developers when Dovetail first emerged in our community.  In PMDG's opinion, this change would be very bad for the long term health of the ecosystem.

Their ambiguous statements this week, combined with the rather fluid staffing changes and the evaporation of what previously seemed to be a healthy communication channel has left me to wonder how things will play out in the end.

The answer to that will have big repercussions for the existing developer community, and not just PMDG.

Oh and one unrelated point:  A couple of folks have repeated some bogus commentary stating that PMDG has ignored the XPlane community.  Please do have a look at our DC-6 for XPlane, and take the time to read our position on the X-Plane market and community.  Facts are always good for the diet of reading...

• Upvote 4

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Josh,

13 minutes ago, TheFlightSimGuy said:

You had some of the best points here, sad to see they were deleted because you didnt agree with the hostility of this thread.

I am going to call you out here. 

In this thread thus far, I have removed 20 posts from 7 users.  So far this weekend  I have removed 30 posts from 9 users in the entire forum.  All of them except one are previous users of the PMDG forum, and all of them are expected to behave in accordance with our forum guidelines.

The poster who you are attempting to turn into a victim was not silenced for his position on any matter- his posts were simply removed in accordance with our long standing policy because he made a decision that following the forum guidelines did not apply to him.

This fiction that we "only edit out contrary opinions" is rubbish.  Look through this forum and you will find we are quite accepting of all opinions- provided that they are stated factually, respectfully, and signed by the poster.

I am sorry if you don't like that we make a modest effort to enforce our guidelines here- and I certainly know we don't catch all infractions- but if you are going to make a victim out of someone who isn't- at least do so truthfully.

• Upvote 4

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

I had a reply but the post by big man preempts my thoughts so I edited it.

Angus Hiscoe

14 hours ago, ErichB said:

Yet again - bad business model concepts which ultimately killed Flight.  How can a platform, which relies/will rely heavily on 3P content be so short-sighted?  Why would anyone bother if their earnings are slashed that horrendously.

There's always P3D 

Because we learn from history that we don't learn from history.   I would think that in our niche community people should work together and not try to hold the monopoly and exclude everyone else - they just sawed off their feet with blunt bread knives the folks at DTG.   With that mindset, they may as well stop development right now as it will go down the tubes like Flight...

OR - they could actually take the community and the potential customers into account and build something positive for the future.   I really hope they can come to their senses, however, given that they came up with this thought in the first place, almost certainly suggests that they won't - at least not until it is too late anyway.

Regards

Thank you for your honesty as I share the same sentiments. I will continue to support the Lockheed Martin P3D Platform and PMDG

Clear Skies,

Brandon McKay

65% of revenue surrendered for the privilege? That doesn't sound like good business sense to me, unless of course the consumer is happy to have the prices go up by that much.

David Porrett

I'm going to sit on the sidelines and watch how this thing with Dovetail plays out.