Sign in to follow this  
Lorby_SI

Lorby Live Traffic 1.01 has been released

Hello @ll,

Lorby Live Traffic has been updated to version 1.01

- It now includes a database with runways, generated from MakeRunways data. This will help the aircraft to find and actually land on the correct runway more reliably ("delete below..:" has to be set to 0).

- The AI guidance model has been optimized to reduce the effect that AI are "catching up" to their real-world counterpart, and start hunting for the correct flight path.

The update is available from the Lorby-SI website. Due to the size of the app, it had to be split into 4 packages to download - one for each simulator. Make sure that you download and install the correct version for your sim.

Best regards

LORBY-SI

Does it show 'ground traffic' ?

Reason I ask is that FlightRadar is currently showing '7' at KSFO, but nothing shows in the SIM

Thanks

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

Hello Clive,

no, LorbyLiveTraffic doesn't show ground traffic.

I have experimented with it, but the data that is delivered from the online sources used by LLTX is not good enough to support ground traffic. OpenSky Network receivers usually cut out between 200 and 1000 feet, and no more data is available below that.

I may implement a feature where a landed aircraft will travel to a gate, but I am not sure about investing the effort yet. And the issue remains that I can't make them taxi out, so there is not much point to this feature anyway (= the app only gets the signal once the aircraft is already airborne, so a delay in aircraft depiction of several minutes would have to be tolerated to make the "taxi out" happen).

Best regards
Oliver Binder
Lorby-SI

LORBY-SI