Sign in to follow this  
Guest gunnarmd

Weather Engine

Guest Vilk

yup. that's exactly what i'm talking about. i bet you get error 53, file not found. since i don't presume he forgot packing a file of his, i think the program has a dependency that was not included. judging from the GUI, an earlier VB library perhapsagain, from the look and description, it might be a very useful (and fun) proggie. hope the problem can be easily solved

Guest gunnarmd

Hallo,I report as the author of the program "FS Weather Engine 1.0". I am sorry that I haven't enclosed any setup program. The program has worked for all beta tests fault-freely without setup.A new program version is ready on my home page:http://www.g-daehling.de/we/we.zipBest regards,Gunnar

Guest Vilk

sorry, the setup itself exits with a type mismatch "fehler" :-(gunnar, i'm sure it doesn't need a setup, a simple zip file will be fine. just run a dependency scanner and include the redistributable libraries required by the programis this vb6? you might have a tool there called depends.exe. if not, there is a freeware file system monitor called filemon, which will show you in real time all the files being accessed by your programhope this helps. looking forward to trying weather engine sooncheersvilk

Guest gunnarmd

Hakko vilk,thank you for this tip.Best regards,Gunnar

Guest gunnarmd

Hallo,The error was very obstinate. It has turned out it that the BGLC.EXE of Microsoft doesn't run on some systems under Visual BASIC. I have therefore replaced this program by an own subroutine. You find the updated version here:http://www.g-daehling.de/we/we1_0a_setup.zipA lot of fun with the use of the program.Best regards,Gunnar

I have recently been doing some testing of this program for Gunnar and can confirm that the program now installs and runs really well.My recommendation is to create a folder such as "Weather Engine" in your flight sim directory. Then use the setup to install it there.Run the program we.exe selecting whatever variations you desire, and the new weather theme is created almost instantly in weather/themes.Well done Gunnar for what I think is a really useful program.CheersMike