Sign in to follow this  
Guest Kingair315

Project AI and AFCADS and MT2006

I'm trying out PAI and from what I have understood we also need a AFCAD file for the airport. And if we don't have a AFCAD we won't see any more planes (from the downloaded packages) at or coming in to or out of that airport, correct?At least seems that to be the case for me and Landvetter ESGG. I have Scandinavian airports 2 and find no AFCAD for that.Then I would like to now if I in any easy way can determine if these AFCAD packages cover a specific airport? Are there many airports where I won't see any increased traffic activity with PAI?Finally if I instead go for My Traffic 2006 will I get more traffic at more airports? And can i forget about looking for specific AFCAD files for certain airports?

Guest prdant

go to www.projectai.com and navigate to the AFCAD section, then the 2004 downloads. There is a search box there. I typed in ESGG and found two files. One official and one not.Hope this helps....

All of the commercial AI traffic programs (Ultimate Traffic, My Traffic 2006, Traffic 2005) include many extra AFCAD files - more than a thousand.The files are not as well tested and generally as well done as the PAI AFCAD files, or those of many talented AFCAD designers on this and many other sites.This is not a negative reflection on the people who created those AFCAD files - just a fact no one can do 300 or 500 AFCAD files in a month with precision and detail. Plus many countries around the airport restrict the information necessary to really fine tune an AFCAD file for a balance of reality and performance.I have all the AFCAD files from Ultimate Traffic (most of the Traffic 2005 ones are identical) - but I've replaced all the airports available with PAI AFCAD files.Having enough parking for all your AI traffic is critical - many of the performance issues people complain about with AI traffic are the result of not having enough parking for ALL the AI traffic within an area up to 108 nm from your aircraft. Airports 50-90 miles away with insufficient parking will have a significant impact on your performance as the system tries over and over to create and place those aircraft.Download the PAI packages - find AFCADs for other airports in the area where you fly.The Project AI AFCAD site also has many additional AFCAD files which are not in the packages - search for the airport ICAO.

>Having enough parking for all your AI traffic is critical ->many of the performance issues people complain about with AI>traffic are the result of not having enough parking for ALL>the AI traffic within an area up to 108 nm from your aircraft.>Airports 50-90 miles away with insufficient parking will have>a significant impact on your performance as the system tries>over and over to create and place those aircraft.>I don't quite understand. When I think about parking I think about the gates on the airport (mostly empty for me and ESGG) not some distance from it. And how to do this?

>go to www.projectai.com and navigate to the AFCAD section,>then the 2004 downloads. There is a search box there. I typed>in ESGG and found two files. One official and one not.>Hope this helps....But not for the addon Scandinavian Airports #2 what I could see.Don't I need an AFCAD specific for the addon scenery I use?

By "Gates" do you mean jetways or invisible aircraft parking spots?AFCAD is only the invisible aircraft parking spots.The default EGSS has 17 parking spots for passenger and cargo jets. The AFCAD I use gives this airport 75 parking spots for passenger and cargo jets. I also have parking for 40 GA aircraft and GA bizjets.This allows my AI flight plans to have about 100 aircraft at EGSS at a time. If every spot is full - then my flight plans demand more parking. Not having parking is a significant negative impact on performance.However the bigger issue is that will a full AI load - when I am at EGSS - the program needs parking for over 700 active aircraft based on my flight plans.Insufficent parking at EGGW, EGLL, EGKK, EGLC, EGLF, EGKB and a couple other airports in the area will have a significant negative effect upon my flight sim performance - even though those aircraft never come in visual range of my aircraft.

Guest Kingair315

Not all airfields in FS, have realistic tarmac. You can add tarmacs, which may or may not exist in reality, and thus add more parking spaces whenever needed. At KAPV, there are two tarmacs which exist in reality, that are not in the FS, I added them with AFCAD, and thus had the space to add another 30 parking spaces bringing it closer to reality. Then, using GA-TRAFFIC, increased the parking that would have aircraft. Now, instead of having 5 aircraft sitting at KAPV, there are 50-75 depending upon the time of day, and how many are enroute. With the added traffic, and all slides to the right, and frames locked at 32, my average frame rate is 29-31.9 fps... Depending upon each users system your fps may vary.