Sign in to follow this  
SimplyBACON

Up next?

Hello everyone,

I'm a huge fan of PMGG (Who isn't) and am obsessed with the 744v3. However, I have been wondering what would be next for PMDG?

I wouldn't expect them to be releasing any information on upcoming projects since they've not even released the -8 expansion for the 747, but some ideas would be nice.

Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing a Bombardier CS100 or any aircraft along those lines. But I guess I'll have to wait and see...

Matthew M

Cue two pages of people arguing about what airplane PMDG should model next. No one from PMDG responds with details of their future plans, because why would they start now? And you're no closer to knowing what they're going to release. Thread complete.

• Upvote 4

I won't give specifics, but I doubt anyone will guess what's around the corner.

The known items are, of course, the DC-6 and the 748.

• Upvote 3

Kyle Rodgers

39 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

Your had to do this,  right??? ( I know I would !!!!:biggrin:  )

Wijnand lindelauf (EHBK)

I am looking forward to the DC-6 in a major way.   I feel as if my navigation and flights to destinations using this aircraft will have more meaning; as opposed to punching in a Flight Plan and sitting back and watching the scenery ooze by.   I also love all the round radial analog gauges, they rock!

I will also purchase the -8, I love the way that plane looks, although I must admit I'm still mastering the latest reincarnation of the  747-400.  It's an easy plane to hand fly but I do admit to being a little off-put that the VOR NAV radios are imbedded in the FMC vs. being stand alone.  Old fashioned I know...but so much faster to just get in the air and do VOR to VOR station navigation vs. entering in all the waypoints from some other piece of software.

Someone should develop an add-on that allows customizing the interior of the 747-8 into a tricked out BBJ.....and allow the perusing and exploring of such an interior.   Sweetness indeed.

Mark Trainer

On 2017-5-8 at 1:22 PM, scandinavian13 said:

The known items are, of course, the DC-6 and the 748.

How about doing something exciting like the Vickers VC-10? Great to fly and fly within and the fastest airliner after Concorde.

• Upvote 1

Dave Taylor gb.png

I am actually done with add ons until the 787 comes out.  I have a 737, 747 and a 777.  That is all I need.

But I wonder if PMDG actually knows what the next new plane project (not an upgrade) is right now??

• Upvote 1

Paul Gugliotta

6 hours ago, paulyg123 said:

But I wonder if PMDG actually knows what the next new plane project (not an upgrade) is right now??

No need to wonder: I'm sure PMDG knows what their next project will be ;)

• Upvote 1

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5 hours ago, guenseli said:

No need to wonder: I'm sure PMDG knows what their next project will be ;)

Yep. Any company that has a gap of "what are we going to do" between projects doesn't have the best habits when it comes to planning for the future. I do find it slightly amusing when people see us release something and think that it's a good time for recommendations as if we suddenly find ourselves without an idea of where to go from there. It's not entirely illogical as I'm sure there are some groups that are more casual about development timelines. Looking into it a little deeper, however...

That's not to say don't post or request. Rather, it's the timing that's amusing. It's somewhat like walking off a plane and telling the crew "hey, I think you all should go to X airport next!" Chances are, in order to be a good, functioning airline, they already have a plan of where they're going next. If you want the airline to go to X airport, the point should be raised well in advance of the end of a particular flight.

No?

• Upvote 3

Kyle Rodgers

Trying to guess what PMDG will do next or when they will release information is akin to punching ones self in the nether regions (below your belt) and wondering if it will hurt!

Hello guys,

can someone confirm that updates to the 777 are in the works/planning. There was one post some time ago stating that some 747v3 features would be rolled back into the 777, but the recent post by RSR and other posts completely leave out the 777. If anyone can chime in would be great.

Cheers,

Xander Koote

All round aviation geek

1st Officer Boeing 777

On 5/8/2017 at 1:22 PM, scandinavian13 said:

Its not the 767-400 is it?! 

• Upvote 1