Sign in to follow this  
SimplyBACON

Up next?

7 hours ago, Charly04 said:

In my opinion PMDG have a better chance to be first. Because they build many Boeings before, and adaped all for v4. So the experience speaks for PMDG ;)

You mean for the 767 faced to LDS? Not sure. PMDG developped several Boeing but none of them are the 767. Considering the way they develop their addons, they would start from scratch while LDS has already the experience of the 767. 

For difficult to say as both companies are already working on other models (PMDG with the 747-8i and -8F and LDS with the 757).

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

7 hours ago, Milton Waddams said:

They already have, the DC-6

DC-6 is not an old era jetliner, but propliner

Artur 

10 hours ago, Milton Waddams said:

They already have, the DC-6. The thing is that a lot of their customers want to fly planes that they see at their local airport as well as planes with those fancy glass cockpits, 

I'm actually pretty curious how this will continue. All major and well known airplanes have actually been done. The 737/777/747 has been done by PMDG, the A320 by FSLabs and Aerosoft, FSLabs in study level that won't be cought up for quite a time.. A great 717 has landed as well as a 787, a Dash 8 Q400 turboprop is out there and Majestic are developping a 300. There is a wonderful Constellation, GA planes have reached a level of realism with A2A that won't be beaten that easily.. Even the Concorde is likely coming to P4d. We have amazing developers, really. 

What airplanes are left? well yes, the (old) 767/757. maybe all those Airbuses? But for Airbus I'd rather bet on FSLabs then on PMDG

PMDG have stated there will be no rebirth of the MD-11 due to economical reasons. This airplane has its fans but actually the community didn't really take notice of it. In MY opinion this was more due to the fact that when the MD11 was out there has been a great lack of additional flight planning software that made it difficult enough to plan a proper flight with a 767, now learn an MD11 that is completely different. I think today in the times of virtual airlines and amazing addon airports it would sell a lot better, but that decision is not up to me. 

But think further: what is better known than an MD11? A Bombardier C300? A Sukhoi Superjet? Who actually would buy a PMDG DC-8? Why should they even do one as they already said no to another Douglas? 

I really have no idea what could be in development that matches the demands of the community.. A DC-3 maybe, Robert has first hand experience. But honestly I would prefer A2A doing piston aircraft. The DC-6 hasn't convinced me.

41 minutes ago, Ephedrin said:

PMDG have stated there will be no rebirth of the MD-11 due to economical reasons.

Never say never in the free market...

• Upvote 1

spacer.png

There is no good quality 737-200, 727, 707, DC-9 etc for P3D. Great "classic jet airliners" are lacking in the P3D world...

12 hours ago, Milton Waddams said:

I mean, LDS may update it to v4, possibly even with a compete VC model. If that doesn’t happen and they “abandon” then we might very well see PMDG develop one. But unless they formally cancel it, I doubt we’ll see them develop one considering their relationship with them and how they didn’t develop a 757 for that exact reason, even when it appeared dead to the rest of us.

They don't need to formally cancel it.  The thing has been out since I was in the 7th grade. (I'm now 25...)  The fact that it hasn't been reworked by them and still has a flat FS9 style cockpit should be reason enough to believe that the LDS 767 is dead.  Sure, maybe they'll port it over to P3Dv4, but just that will probably take them a few years, and it will still probably be an FS9 era aircraft.  And their 757, who knows if we will ever see it.  That's why Captain Sim decided to make a so called "study-level" upgrade to their current 757.  Surely, you don't think PMDG should just sit back and wait for LDS to rework their 767.  By that time, the 767 will probably be obsolete in the real-World.  But then again, you become very presumptuous when anyone mentions anything older than the latest and greatest all glass flying computers.  Let us have our fun man, your guesses are as good as ours - no need to try and discredit ours.

764 please PMDG...get on the stick.

• Upvote 5

spacer.png

2 hours ago, KORDATC said:

But then again, you become very presumptuous when anyone mentions anything older than the latest and greatest all glass flying computers.  Let us have our fun man, your guesses are as good as ours - no need to try and discredit ours.

I’m just going off of what PMDG have said in the past, about a lot of their customers wanting glass cockpits. I love analog cockpits as much as you do!

2 hours ago, Boomer said:

BTW, does the 748 have a HUD?

I THINK it’s an option, like the 777.

2 hours ago, KORDATC said:

Surely, you don't think PMDG should just sit back and wait for LDS to rework their 767

They didn’t do a 757, which has been in development since around 2008, because they were doing one. Same concept really, I think them porting it to v3 was an indication that they still are actively working on it.

2 minutes ago, Milton Waddams said:

They didn’t do a 757, which has been in development since around 2008, because they were doing one. Same concept really, I think them porting it to v3 was an indication that they still are actively working on it.

Hard to say; I have the P3Dv3 of the LDS 763 and the VC grafix remain hideous, even with the payware VC mod.

• Upvote 1

spacer.png

There isn't much to do but to wonder blindly.

As far as I see it:

• 707 - too old
  • 717 - too small a footprint, not really a Boeing, and there is an apparently decent one out there (Don't own, can't tell from own experience)
  • 727 - too old
  • 737 - Classic wouldn't be interesting for PMDG at this point I think. MAX will probably get into the pipeline sooner or later. Probably rather later, maybe with an NG revamp as well. Still sad about missing ERs and BBJs (insert a "you promised" meme)
  • 747 - 400 is out, 8 is coming. That's probably gonna be the end of it, for both PMDG and Boeing proper
  • 757/767 - While I think there's still enough commercial interest in these... I don't think PMDG will go for it.
  • 777 - I still want my 200ER, but I think we are more likely to see the X models in a couple of years rather than that. Too bad.
  • 787 - I think this is going to be the next flagship after 747-8. It's out there in force, and it's a Boeing.

What else.

• Airbus - I think, for the first time in history of flight simulation, the market is getting saturated. Aerosoft is good enough to capture a significant part of the market. FSL is slowly, but surely moving towards filling the A32S family, and I'd expect, A330 in the background. Even XPL is getting a piece of this game supposedly, with FF. Nobody cares about A380 anymore except Emirates.
  • Older props - DC-6 doesn't seem to be as popular as was maybe expected. I see a possibility of a DC-3 as sort of a passion project, and I'd be pretty happy. But I don't see it as very likely.
  • X-Plane - PMDG tried XPL with DC-6. They don't seem to like the results enough to update it for XPL11. I think this is not going to happen in foreseeable future, unless something major happens like LM closing the doors for home simmers and FSW turns out to be a commercial or technological dead end.
  • E-Jets - there it might be something of interest. I don't know about the US, but they are everywhere in Europe.

There. Now RSR & Co. can go laugh themselves to sleep in their underground lair.

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, Fabo said:

E-Jets - there it might be something of interest. I don't know about the US, but they are everywhere in Europe.

They're everywhere here...excuse me...one moment...

*hurling noises in the background*

...everywhere here, too. Sorry.

*more hurling noises*

...Sorry. Flashbacks from working the ramp.

• Upvote 4

Kyle Rodgers