Sign in to follow this  
SimplyBACON

Up next?

Ejets took over Houston...I miss the 737C. Loved that whine/humm at start up. 175's are okay, but there's a ridiculous amount here and I'm fed up with the scream jets.

• Upvote 1

My personal opinion for the next thing we never expected: No aircraft at all, but a subscription ACARS/dispatch service.  Maybe their sim center in Manassas will have a separate room full of virtual dispatchers to send our virtual CDUs free form data messages, updated routings, etc.  

My personal opinion for the next aircraft: The 767.  This aircraft still dominates the Atlantic to this day.  It flies the magenta line, for those pilots who like to program the FMS and watch.  But it also has a lot of subtle quirks and intricacies that pilots who get bored easily will enjoy too.  For example, the real aircraft requires trim checks periodically to ensure minimum trim drag.  In the 757/767, the trim may change due to different cooling rates between the control linkage and aircraft structure.  This involves periodically disconnecting the autopilot and re-trimming aircraft.

The cockpit setup is also fun in the 767.  A lot of the various system tests are located on a panel originally meant to be a flight engineer station.  Recording and clearing EICAS status messages is unique to the 757/767 setup flow in my opinion.     You also have to setup the V speeds by hand on the airspeed indicator with little plastic "bugs" on the outside of the instrument (Unless of course you choose the ADI with an included speed-tape).  PMDG could include a virtual speed booklet as they did in the JS41.

Maybe If they build a virtual dispatch center, we could send an ACARS Engine Performance Data message whenever N1 drops below 40%  above 15,000ft.

Another cool intricacy that pilots get to perform in cruise, is figuring out the initial buffet speeds and then setting the airspeed bugs to display these values.  (Remember, most 767s don't have a speedtape that does this for you.)

11 minutes ago, KORDATC said:

The 767.  This aircraft still dominates the Atlantic to this day.

Are you sure it's not 777 and then A330?

8 minutes ago, Rafal said:

Are you sure it's not 777 and then A330?

Sorry, should have said major player.  But it is up there still, at least with the US airlines, unfortunately not the European ones anymore.

As PMDG has flat out refused an updated MD11, can we have a 707 or 747 classic instead please?

Glen Hall

56 minutes ago, GlenH said:

can we have a 707 or 747 classic instead please?

J

U

N

K

...runs away.

• Upvote 2

spacer.png

On 11/24/2017 at 6:06 AM, Avionic7779x said:

Im hoping for these planes (in no specific order)

747-8i, 747 dreamlifter, 747 classic, 767 family (200, 300, 400), A330/A340, 777-200ER, MD-11 remake/DC-10, and maybe a E-Jet series (170, 175, 190, 195, etc.)

748 is in development, as you probably are aware, I’d love to see a Dreamlifter but I’d imagine getting performance data for it and all the systems changes would make it pretty much a completely new aircraft. 747 Classic will probably be done by someone, but most likely not PMDG. 767 is highly requested and there MAY be a possibility in the future but I wouldn’t expect it to be their next airplane. A330 series is being done by Aerosoft, Blackbox, and FSLabs, A340 is being done by Blackbox, 777-200ER is SUPPOSED to happen sometime in the future but there’s been no official word for a while. Last I heard, they were planning on doubling back to the 777 or 737 for expansions after their 748 was released so it may happen. We don’t really talk about the MD-11...:laugh:. DC-10, well same story more or less. And lastly, the E-Jets. If Kyle has his way, we will NEVER see an E-Jet series from PMDG. :laugh:

Full names in the forums please, first and last.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, GlenH said:

As PMDG has flat out refused an updated MD11, can we have a 707 or 747 classic instead please?

Glen Hall

CaptainSim has a decent 707 that is being made compatible with v4, if you didn’t already know.

1 hour ago, Milton Waddams said:

CaptainSim has a decent

Stop right there, brother... :-P

• Upvote 5

spacer.png

11 minutes ago, Boomer said:

Stop right there, brother... :-P

Fair point, their 757 looks to be pretty good though!:biggrin:

On 8.12.2017 at 5:40 PM, Milton Waddams said:

Fair point, their 757 looks to be pretty good though!:biggrin:

4 hours ago, Ephedrin said:

Their UPCOMING 757 for P3D v4, that is.

On 08/12/2017 at 10:06 AM, GlenH said:

Glen Hall

Randazzo said he and the PMDG staff would love to make a 707, but they think it wouldn't sell... Vintage jet airliners is a huge and forgotten niche in the P3D... Unfortunatelly there isn't 1 good quality vintage jet airliner for P3D V4...

7 hours ago, teopereira said:

Unfortunatelly there isn't 1 good quality vintage jet airliner for P3D V4.

Would you count Concorde as a vintage jetliner?

1 minute ago, Milton Waddams said:

Would you count Concorde as a vintage jetliner?

Maybe a bit snob but to me Concorde is of her own kind and category! :biggrin:

• Upvote 3

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.