Sign in to follow this  
SimplyBACON

Up next?

1 hour ago, Milton Waddams said:

Would you count Concorde as a vintage jetliner?

Concorde is an astonishing aircraft from a technical standpoint, has state of the art technology from the 70's... Would be very nice to learn to fly one... But only 14 were ever delivered, so not vert popular... and a Concorde can only takeoff and land on very long runways... It's a very complex aircraft, so not easy to learn... In comparison:

Boeing 707 - 865 built
Boeing 737-200 - 1200 built
Boeing 727 - 1832 built
Boeing 747 classics (100, 200 and 300) - 600 built

And by undertanding how these old Boeing jets work you can have a better appreciation of the technical difficulties those pilots faced and the advances developed on later Boeing aircrafts...  

14 hours ago, teopereira said:

Concorde is an astonishing aircraft from a technical standpoint, has state of the art technology from the 70's... Would be very nice to learn to fly one... But only 14 were ever delivered, so not vert popular... and a Concorde can only takeoff and land on very long runways... It's a very complex aircraft, so not easy to learn... In comparison:

Boeing 707 - 865 built
Boeing 737-200 - 1200 built
Boeing 727 - 1832 built
Boeing 747 classics (100, 200 and 300) - 600 built

And by undertanding how these old Boeing jets work you can have a better appreciation of the technical difficulties those pilots faced and the advances developed on later Boeing aircrafts...  

Just for clarification: Just because a 7*7 might be easier to be taken into the air it is by far not easier to learn than the Concorde... it is just easier to fly amateurishly. It's more forgiving. One can do almost any mistake and the aircraft will still fly while the Concorde would take revenge mercilessly. I like to compare the 737 to the 777: Just because you move more switches in the 737 it doen't mean that you have understood anything you do. And just because you don't have to do that much on a 777 doesn't mean it isn't a complexe aircraft.. 

:D

• Upvote 1

First developer that offers a quality hardcore MD11 for p3dv4 gets my money.

• Upvote 9

spacer.png

8 hours ago, Boomer said:

Or X-Plane!!!

• Upvote 2

16 hours ago, Boomer said:

+1

The problem that the MD11 and vintage jetliners have when it comes to study sims is that far too many people seem to operate under the philosophy "if it ain't flying, I ain't buying". Sad, but true.

• Upvote 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

1 hour ago, Christopher Low said:

The problem that the MD11 and vintage jetliners have when it comes to study sims is that far too many people seem to operate under the philosophy "if it ain't flying, I ain't buying". Sad, but true.

The MD-11 isn’t even all that old, yet sales still flunked.

The MD-11 isn’t even all that old, yet sales still flunked.

I've got a feeling Rotate will sell quite a few MD-11s.....

• Upvote 1

The ironic part of this story is that PMDG's refusal to consider a new version of the MD11 will probably make the plane some kind of "technological martyr", and then everyone will want one!!

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I hope 

NGX v2

MAX

Also in cockpit takeoff and landing performance calculations via a dummy ACARS system. Also uplink for WX, loadsheets, fuel and ATIS. GLS and RNP approach capability would really top it off. 

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

2 hours ago, jrgaz said:

I'm sure they'll sell plenty, but the question for any developer is whether an aircraft will sell more than others they could develop. I can't imagine a new PMDG MD-11 selling more than the 757/767, 787, or even a new 737 seeing as the NGX is now 6 years old.

I loved the original PMDG MD-11 and would love a new one with all the advancements they've made over the past 9 years, but I wouldn't want it before the aircraft I mentioned above.

The PMDG MD-11 was so "cool" and such a nice change from the Boeing systems.

Matthew S

3 hours ago, jrgaz said:

True.

32 minutes ago, MatthewS said:

The PMDG MD-11 was so "cool" and such a nice change from the Boeing systems.

Indeed. Maybe TFDI or Leonardo will take it up since the MD-80 and 717 are pretty similar to the MD11 systems wise.

Indeed. Maybe TFDI or Leonardo will take it up since the MD-80 and 717 are pretty similar to the MD11 systems wise.

MD-80 similar to an MD-11??  The 717 sure, but cannot see any similarities really between the MD-11 and MD-80.  Two very different aircraft.  The yokes are the same standard MD yoke though!