Sign in to follow this  
davidzill

FSX small black squares

FSX Acceleration/ DX10 preview mode with FTX/Orbx Global, etc. Just did a fresh/clean re-install and noticed everywhere I go, hundreds of black squares appearing on the ground near streets, presumably where streets lights/ etc. I did some trial and error, and when I deactivate the following files, they boxes disappear, as well as all lighting! Any help would be much appreciated!

Orbx_StreetLightV_NA.BGL

Orbx_StreetLightV_Nguid.BGL

3D_Light_NEW_DDN_1_5.BGL

3D_Light_NEW_SDN4.BGL

All the above are located in C:/Programs Files(x86)/Microsoft/ Microfoft Flight Simulator X/Scenery/Global/ Scenery folder. 

More likely trees than lights.  Was it at a time of day when street lights should

be on?

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

3 minutes ago, davidzill said:

When I rename this files, the squares go away though...

OK, I added to my reply,  Turn off DX10 if you don't have the fixer.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

16 minutes ago, charliearon said:

OK, I added to my reply,

Time of day boxes appear: Day. 

I deleted ORBX Trees, no effect.

I removed the files, squares go away, however at night there is no lighting at all. A DX10 compatibility error? I'm at a loss...I do have the DX10 fixer btw

Don't know if this will be of much help but I did find an older thread on this same subject.

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/415538-black-squares-around-3d-lights-orbxglobal-during-daylight/

Charlie Aron

Yes, thank you I read that and tried what was mentioned, which does get rid of the squares, yet removes all night lighting. 

26 minutes ago, charliearon said:

Don't know if this will be of much help but I did find an older thread on this same subject.

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/415538-black-squares-around-3d-lights-orbxglobal-during-daylight/

I have resolved the issue, apparently my DX10 fixer indicated DX10 libraries were installed when in fact they were not. I Uninstalled whatever was there and reinstalled the correct libraries. Everything is working fine. Thank you. 

3 minutes ago, davidzill said:

I have resolved the issue, apparently my DX10 fixer indicated DX10 libraries were installed when in fact they were not. I Uninstalled whatever was there and reinstalled the correct libraries. Everything is working fine. Thank you. 

Great!  Glad you got it figured out!:laugh:

Charlie Aron