Sign in to follow this  
vc10man

Why Is This Occurring at WIMM?

In trying to replicate my very first 747-400 flight on Garuda, in 96, which flew EHAM to Medan Polonia(WIMM), I downloaded a freeware Medan airport from BDOAviation, but so far no response from them as to why this is happening. I'm sure it has to do with a BGL but cannot figure it out, or how to prevent the Ai planes hanging in the air.

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2017/05/08/Medan.jpg

Any assistance, appreciated.

Thanks.

I would disable the AFCAD in the MyTraffic/Scenery folder if you have MyTraffic installed.  Still, even doing that does not make sense as your aircraft is properly sitting on the ground.  Still worth a try.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hi Jim

Thanks for that suggestion. I did think about the My Traffic which I do have, and have edited for other airport add-ons such as from FSDT, Flightbeam. Imaginesim, but as in this instance the aircraft were suspended in the air, I thought maybe it is not MT6 related.

How's the golf coming along? Did not see you at Augusta!

8 hours ago, vc10man said:

Hi Jim

Thanks for that suggestion. I did think about the My Traffic which I do have, and have edited for other airport add-ons such as from FSDT, Flightbeam. Imaginesim, but as in this instance the aircraft were suspended in the air, I thought maybe it is not MT6 related.

How's the golf coming along? Did not see you at Augusta!

I think we've discussed this in the past. Anytime you have an addon airport, ALWAYS disable the MTX AFCAD or any other AFCAD that might be in play for that airport.

Remember, aside from the stock AFCAD embedded in FSX, you should not have more than one AFCAD for any addon airports, with the exception that some addon airports come with two AFCADS, one usually being blank and just used for elevation correction.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Had this to in some airports around Europe, even default ones, seemed FTX Vector was the culprit, find out with ADE which tile the airport is on and disable the same in FTX Vector exclusions, this one would be on 7430.

Herman

Have you tried another free airport developer?

http://aviabee.com/scenery/version/fsx?page=2

I used to simulate flights in the area, PMDG 737 Lionair routes, and do not remember on my old fsx install if I got the BDO Aviation one fixed, or used this aviabee scenery instead. Try that

In my old age my memory is failing. I do not remember if the BDO scenery needed a flattent alt file, or if conflicting files from the default scenery had to be disabled. The Aviabee looks more up to date it has a patch for it also.

On 08/05/2017 at 7:06 AM, cmpbellsjc said:

I think we've discussed this in the past. Anytime you have an addon airport, ALWAYS disable the MTX AFCAD or any other AFCAD that might be in play for that airport.

Remember, aside from the stock AFCAD embedded in FSX, you should not have more than one AFCAD for any addon airports, with the exception that some addon airports come with two AFCADS, one usually being blank and just used for elevation correction.

I did that and the 'aircraft hanging in the air' still remains.

On 08/05/2017 at 7:53 AM, electricman said:

Had this to in some airports around Europe, even default ones, seemed FTX Vector was the culprit, find out with ADE which tile the airport is on and disable the same in FTX Vector exclusions, this one would be on 7430.

Herman

Don't have any Orbx installed.

On 08/05/2017 at 2:07 PM, 777200lrf said:

I used to simulate flights in the area, PMDG 737 Lionair routes, and do not remember on my old fsx install if I got the BDO Aviation one fixed, or used this aviabee scenery instead. Try that

In my old age my memory is failing. I do not remember if the BDO scenery needed a flattent alt file, or if conflicting files from the default scenery had to be disabled. The Aviabee looks more up to date it has a patch for it also.

Thanks for that suggestion. Will try.

It's a newer airport so the terrain is not flattened for an airport and the developer scenery you use does not include it, or you did not install it correctly. Try that aviabee scenery instead, I think I ended up using Aviabee in my past fsx acceleration install and did not have any problems.

Do you maybe have a file with WIMM in the line in your FSX/scenery/world/scenery folder? if so disable that then.

Herman

Thanks gents.

Going to try that Aviabee suggestion and will report back.

7 hours ago, electricman said:

Do you maybe have a file with WIMM in the line in your FSX/scenery/world/scenery folder? if so disable that then.

Herman

No WIMM in that location.

On 08/05/2017 at 2:07 PM, 777200lrf said:

Just installed that Aviabee airport. Still have floating aircraft.

On 08/05/2017 at 7:53 AM, electricman said:

find out with ADE

How do I use ADE which I have just installed to find the culprit? It looks so overpowering to use