Nvidia latest driver 382.05 is broken, the vas leak is back in my fsx steam installation. The previous driver finally fixed it... so another step back after one forward. Nvidia is really getting on my nerves.

Why do you keep updating? Pick a driver that works and stick with it - there are no FSX optimisations in any of the drivers.

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

2 hours ago, vortex681 said:

Why do you keep updating? Pick a driver that works and stick with it - there are no FSX optimisations in any of the drivers.

It's a generally accepted practice to keep your machine updated with the latest drivers available, and this is applicable not only to video drivers. They (the drivers) contain improvements that you probably wouldn't notice because they're not specific to a given application but in general they make the hardware work at its best.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

4 hours ago, 777200lrf said:

Nvidia latest driver 382.05 is broken, the vas leak is back in my fsx steam installation. The previous driver finally fixed it... so another step back after one forward. Nvidia is really getting on my nerves.

For me is working well. No different VAS behavior compared to the 37X.XX series. I'm happy with it, but P3Dv3.4.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

3 hours ago, edpatino said:

For me is working well. No different VAS behavior compared to the 37X.XX series. I'm happy with it, but P3Dv3.4.

Cheers, Ed

Nvidia must have fixed it for P3D only, in FSX Steam sitting on the ramp with 3gb of vas used, I start getting textures not loading in, and switching views then nothing loads, just like all the previous drivers after 376.33.

9 hours ago, edpatino said:

It's a generally accepted practice to keep your machine updated with the latest drivers available, and this is applicable not only to video drivers. They (the drivers) contain improvements that you probably wouldn't notice because they're not specific to a given application but in general they make the hardware work at its best.

For most drivers, I'd agree with you. However, for graphics drivers, specifically, latest isn't necessarily best. New drivers are usually game-ready for particular games and contain fixes for specific problems which, if you don't have them, are not required. I've found a number of times in the past that I've had worse performance with newer drivers, especially as I don't have the latest model of graphics card. Also, the latest drivers often introduce new issues which subsequently have to be fixed by another update! I'm a great believer in sticking with a graphics driver which works for you rather than chasing the latest releases unless you need them for a specific game or problem.

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

3 hours ago, vortex681 said:

However, for graphics drivers, specifically, latest isn't necessarily best

I agree. That's exactly what is happening to the other fellow that intitiated this thread. What I normally do with graphic drivers is to look at the comments from other users first in this forum, then decide to install it or not and if I decide to install it, I observe carefully its performance and if it's better or at least similar to the previous one I keep it, otherwise I revert back. With the use of DDU and a clean Nvidia installation, is relatively easy to make the tests, but in general I prefer to keep them as updated as possible.

Cheers, Ed 

Cheers, Ed

9 hours ago, 777200lrf said:

Nvidia must have fixed it for P3D only, in FSX Steam sitting on the ramp with 3gb of vas used, I start getting textures not loading in, and switching views then nothing loads, just like all the previous drivers after 376.33.

Sorry to hear that. My previous driver was the 378.66 and had no issues with that one either.

Ed

Cheers, Ed