Sign in to follow this  
Dirk98

Radar Contact Tweak question

This is from MCE Faq:

Q: Can I use MCE with a networked Radar Contact setup:

A: Yes, but because MCE has no way of finding out if RC4 is running or indeed installed, you need to make a few changes to the mce.ini configuration file. Open the file C:\Users\your_user_name\AppData\Roaming\Multi Crew Experience\mce.ini using Notepad. Look at the section titled [ATC], and change things to look like...

[ATC]
UseRadioNoise=1
SecondaryNeedAtcWindow=0
atc1=1
atc2=0
atc3=1
atc4=1
atc5=0
UseRadarContact=1
IgnoreRC4Registry=1

Save the file.

[ATC] section in the default mce.ini looks like this:

[ATC]
Mode=Native
PreventNativeATCCancellation=0
UseRadioNoise=1
StaticNoiseLevel=1
SecondaryNeedAtcWindow=0
atc1=0
atc2=0
atc3=1
atc4=1
atc5=0
UseRadarContact=0
IgnoreRC4Registry=0    //(Set this to 1 when RC4 isn't installed on the same machine as MCE)
RC4path=
IgnorePFERegistry=0    //(Set this to 1 when PFE isn't installed on the same machine as MCE)
PFEpath=
IgnoreFlightPlan=0
FlightPlansPath=

So, am I supposed to delete "Mode=Native" and other extra lines found in the default mce.ini to look exactly like in the Answer in the FAQ? Or do I need just to change some values per the example and leave the other lines in the original [ATC] section intact?

Thanks,

Dirk.

Thanks, so I'll just change those indicated in the FAQ, and won't touch the others.

Dirk.

1 hour ago, Dirk98 said:

Thanks, so I'll just change those indicated in the FAQ, and won't touch the others.

Dirk.

When RC4 is networked and MCE has no way to find where it's installed. Change these

[ATC]

Mode=RC4

IgnoreRC4Registry=1

Next time you startt MCE, it will prompt you to provide the network path to "rcv4.exe", which it will save into "mce.ini" for next runs.

After that it will be able to read RC4 settings from relevant files in that same installation folder.

When Networked, MCE will always assume not only RC4 UI loaded, but also connected to the sim..

What about PF3? Would it look like this:

[ATC]

Mode=PF3

IgnorePF3Registry=1

Thank you, Gerald.

Dirk.

And while at it what whould be ATC PRO/X Mode in [ATC] and other settings there?

Thanks!

Dirk.

1 hour ago, Dirk98 said:

And while at it what whould be ATC PRO/X Mode in [ATC] and other settings there?

Thanks!

Dirk.

A long time ago, we offered the ProATC dev the option to interface it via voice. He declined at the time.

I think he had plans to add it himself as payware extension. That was more than 3-4 years ago.

Good luck to him.

We won't bother with it.

7 hours ago, FS++ said:

A long time ago, we offered the ProATC dev the option to interface it via voice. He declined at the time.

I think he had plans to add it himself as payware extension. That was more than 3-4 years ago.

Good luck to him.

We won't bother with it.

Understood. What about PF3 settings?

Thanks,

Dirk.

14 hours ago, Dirk98 said:

Understood. What about PF3 settings?

Thanks,

Dirk.

For PF3/PFE..

[ATC]

Mode=PFE

IgnorePFERegistry=1

Again, MCE will assume PF3 is up and connected to the sim, when it starts.

What are the click spots CO is lookin for at the start?

There are too many documents with mce. What is the right sequence to go through?

Thanks,

Dirk.

1 hour ago, Dirk98 said:

What are the click spots CO is lookin for at the start?

There are too many documents with mce. What is the right sequence to go through?

Thanks,

Dirk.

Looking for click spots only happens with FsLabs A320 as it doesn't have an SDK yet. And it's currently effective only in FSX and P3D V3.1 or lower.

MCE is the culmination of 10+ years development. Currently supports 39 complex aircraft, 3 ATC systems, GSX & AES and it's still "works in progress" :smile:

That's why there are so many documents. 

You don't have to read them all though.

Which aircraft do you mainly fly?

1 hour ago, FS++ said:

double posting

Edited by Dirk98

32 minutes ago, FS++ said:

Looking for click spots only happens with FsLabs A320 as it doesn't have an SDK yet. And it's currently effective only in FSX and P3D V3.1 or lower.

MCE is the culmination of 10+ years development. Currently supports 39 complex aircraft, 3 ATC systems, GSX & AES and it's still "works in progress" :smile:

That's why there are so many documents. 

You don't have to read them all though.

Which aircraft do you mainly fly?

I'm flying P3Dv3.3.5 with FSL A320X, GSX and RC4. I'd like MCE to handle only 3 things for me:

1. To read out Checklists (when I ask it for) and just wait for my answers without checking/doing anything, then go to the next line in the check list after I answered.

2. To handle RC4 commands silently on a networked PC when I voice-communitcate with RC4 (including options like rwy change, star approach etc.)

3. To keep absolutely silent otherwise, not touch anything in the cockpit, and not do anything on my behalf at all.

I understand I need to untick a lot of check boxes in the options. The above would be a good start to understand how MCE works and expand its involvement gradually if needed.

Thank you,

Dirk.

PS: A proper mce.ini to achieve the above would be very helpful.

1 hour ago, Dirk98 said:

I'm flying P3Dv3.3.5 with FSL A320X, GSX and RC4. I'd like MCE to handle only 3 things for me:

1. To read out Checklists (when I ask it for) and just wait for my answers without checking/doing anything, then go to the next line in the check list after I answered.

2. To handle RC4 commands silently on a networked PC when I voice-communitcate with RC4 (including options like rwy change, star approach etc.)

3. To keep absolutely silent otherwise, not touch anything in the cockpit, and not do anything on my behalf at all.

I understand I need to untick a lot of check boxes in the options. The above would be a good start to understand how MCE works and expand its involvement gradually if needed.

Thank you,

Dirk.

PS: A proper mce.ini to achieve the above would be very helpful.

OK, here is how you can achieve that.

In MCE user interface, "General" tab de-select all features except "Checklist reading" and "Talk To ATC" controllers.

In "Checklist" tab, enable option "No state check", so that FO just reads the checklist without arguing or trying to set switches as expected.

Go to \Prepar3D v3\MCE dlls\ folder and open "mcfslA3X.ini" and add option

[OPTIONS]

FcuSupport=0

The above will prevent the dll looking for FCU autopilot values. You won't be able to ask FO to dial SPD, HDG, VS and ALT, which is normally possible, even in latest P3D.

mcfslA3X.dll is the means by which MCE reads and sets FSL specific switches.

There is a separate dll for each supported aircraft, and only one of them is loaded at any given time.

That should be a good start.

Don't forget to set "prepar3D.exe" to run as admin.

Question about Enable optimization option: I understand it says that it assigns mce.exe to a particual core. But I set affinity in ProcessLasso, will there be a conflict with it?

Thanks,