Sign in to follow this  
Dirk98

Radar Contact Tweak question

12 minutes ago, FS++ said:

OK, here is how you can achieve that.

In MCE user interface, "General" tab de-select all features except "Checklist reading" and "Talk To ATC" controllers.

In "Checklist" tab, enable option "No state check", so that FO just reads the checklist without arguing or trying to set switches as expected.

Go to \Prepar3D v3\MCE dlls\ folder and open "mcfslA3X.ini" and add option

[OPTIONS]

FcuSupport=0

The above will prevent the dll looking for FCU autopilot values. You won't be able to ask FO to dial SPD, HDG, VS and ALT, which is normally possible, even in latest P3D.

mcfslA3X.dll is the means by which MCE reads and sets FSL specific switches.

There is a separate dll for each supported aircraft, and only one of them is loaded at any given time.

That should be a good start.

Don't forget to set "prepar3D.exe" to run as admin.

Thank you for your terrific support, Gerald.  

Dirk.

1 hour ago, Dirk98 said:

Thank you for your terrific support, Gerald.  

Dirk.

Your welcome.

I almost forgot! Do I need the default keyboard definitions in RC4 to communicate via MCE?!

(I modified mine long ago). If so can I edit some config file in MCE to match bindings with those in RC4's keyboard.dat?

Thanks

8 minutes ago, Dirk98 said:

I almost forgot! Do I need the default keyboard definitions in RC4 to communicate via MCE?!

(I modified mine long ago). If so can I edit some config file in MCE to match bindings with those in RC4's keyboard.dat?

Thanks

Except for the odd clashing key combination, normally, when MCE starts and detects RC4 running, it reads "keyboard.dat" in RC4 installation folder and works out whatever hotkeys you've assigned. You don't need to use the default ones.

When RC4 runs on same machine as MCE, you could even disconnect RC4, change settings and reconnect, MCE will detect the changes.

In a networked scenario, you'd need to restart MCE every time you change flight plan, hotkeys or call-sign.

Please help me to trouble-shoot RC4, it doesn't seem to hear me unfortunately. But it answers to the keystrokes as required. MCE's FO hears me OK and reads out checklists when prompted. I went through 3 ATC documents, my requests are by ATC pdf, phrases are recognized (as written in red), but they just don't get through to RC4 (on the networked machine). Tried Clearance Delivery, and more simple ones like Push and Start to no avail. I start MCE last, the flight is loaded with a flight plan (P3Dv3.3.5), Radar Contact 4 is active, frequences are tuned as required. I repeat RC4 works normally otherwise if I use keystrokes on the P3D machine.

Thanks,

Something else that I've rememered:

[ATC]

atc1=1
atc2=0
atc3=1
atc4=1
atc5=0

FlightPlansPath=

What are those lines for? I have them in my mce.ini like the above.

Thanks.

1 hour ago, Dirk98 said:

Something else that I've rememered:

[ATC]

atc1=1
atc2=0
atc3=1
atc4=1
atc5=0

FlightPlansPath=

What are those lines for? I have them in my mce.ini like the above.

Thanks.

You don't need to know about these. They correspond to respective options under <ATC> tab in MCE UI.

atc1=1 enable the "Auto-hide ATC window"

atc2=1 "Accurate callsign required"

etc...

8 hours ago, Dirk98 said:

Please help me to trouble-shoot RC4, it doesn't seem to hear me unfortunately. But it answers to the keystrokes as required. MCE's FO hears me OK and reads out checklists when prompted. I went through 3 ATC documents, my requests are by ATC pdf, phrases are recognized (as written in red), but they just don't get through to RC4 (on the networked machine). Tried Clearance Delivery, and more simple ones like Push and Start to no avail. I start MCE last, the flight is loaded with a flight plan (P3Dv3.3.5), Radar Contact 4 is active, frequences are tuned as required. I repeat RC4 works normally otherwise if I use keystrokes on the P3D machine.

Thanks,

What's your callsign?

Do you fly airliners or GA?

Write down spoken sentences. You never know when the odd variation isn't covered.

I'm sitting in Schiphol, flight BA0433 to Heathrow. In Radar Contact I'm SPEED BIRD 433 Jet (as seen in RC4 UI): 

Clearance Delivery good morning SPEED BIRD 433 with information Juliet request ATC clearance Heathrow

Flight Plan (as seen in RC4 UI): 

EHAM to EGLL@24000 (Alt1- , Alt2-) / GORLO.REFSO.ULKOK.XAMAN.LOGAN. *RVSM

NOTAMS Departure, 

D/ATIS(11800) D/CD(12197) D/GND(12170) D/TWR(11810) D/DEP(11807) D/ARR(13115)
A/ATIS(11800) A/GND(12170) A/TWR(11850) A/DEP(13497) A/ARR(13497)

SPEED BIRD 433 Jet
display text(OFF) play pilot(OFF) auto reply(OFF) ckpt ding(ON) AI interaction(OFF) tune on contact(ON) vfr squawk(1200) 250kt alt(10000) Alt dev(300) Hdg dev(15) Spd dev(15) AI chatter(OFF) Live chatter(OFF) IFR Training(OFF)
.FLT/.WX Path = W:\

I tried to speak London/Heathrow without success. Keyboard inputs work over the network though.

Thanks.

2 hours ago, Dirk98 said:

I'm sitting in Schiphol, flight BA0433 to Heathrow. In Radar Contact I'm SPEED BIRD 433 Jet (as seen in RC4 UI): 

Flight Plan (as seen in RC4 UI): 

I tried to speak London/Heathrow without success. Keyboard inputs work over the network though.

Thanks.

OK, here is how you can check MCE is reading RC4 settings as well as ATC window text as displayed in P3D.

Temporarily enable "Real Crew Coordination" feature and assign a TTS voice to co-pilot.

Then ask...

"confirm our callsign". FO should state call-sign as set in RC4.

"confirm ATC options". The TTS voice should read aloud the content of the ATC window at any time.

Say "Show ATC" and "Hide ATC" to check whether MCE can control the ATC window (via fsInsider.dll)

This request should work

"Clearance Delivery good morning SPEED BIRD 433 with information Juliet request ATC clearance Heathrow "

8 minutes ago, FS++ said:

Then ask...

"confirm ATC options". The TTS voice should read aloud the content of the ATC window at any time.

When asking I don't need to press and hold Del key, do I?

Thanks,

Igor.

Just now, Dirk98 said:

When asking I don't need to press and hold Del key, do I?

Thanks,

Igor.

Affirmative. These requests aren't considered part of the ATC feature. No need to press PTT.

By the way, are you using a joystick PTT, DEL keyboard key for transmission or emulating key press via FSUIPC?

3 minutes ago, FS++ said:

Affirmative. These requests aren't considered part of the ATC feature. No need to press PTT.

By the way, are you using a joystick PTT, DEL keyboard key for transmission or emulating key press via FSUIPC?

Currently I'm trying to make it as lean as possible, using DEL key only when speaking to the ATC.

And something else, for the sake of experiment: can't I just tell my FO to request clearance like in the very beginning of this video by Stuart (DEL is not needed?):

25 minutes ago, FS++ said:

Then ask...

Say "Show ATC" and "Hide ATC" to check whether MCE can control the ATC window (via fsInsider.dll)

This request should work

"Clearance Delivery good morning SPEED BIRD 433 with information Juliet request ATC clearance Heathrow "

"confirm our callsign" - FO confirms call sign correctly!

What ATC window am I supposed to see? Do you mean the FSUIPC/RC4 transparent window (that I suppress in FSUIPC normally - "Suppress multiline in FS's window")

Thanks, 

30 minutes ago, Dirk98 said:

Currently I'm trying to make it as lean as possible, using DEL key only when speaking to the ATC.

And something else, for the sake of experiment: can't I just tell my FO to request clearance like in the very beginning of this video by Stuart (DEL is not needed?):

Thanks for the informative video.

The takeoff part, and all the wrong callouts, suggests MCE isn't reading flight sim data as expected.

It is as if FO thinks you're landing.

For instance, to detect takeoff flight phase properly, among other things it needs to sees power levers above a specific position.

Should be able to ask Fo, "request taxi", "obtain takeoff clearance" without pressing PTT. Not sure whether it has to do with your specific usage scenario.

For now, suggest you enable all features and the assumption is that

1 - MCE is installed to C:\Program Files (x86)\ folder

2 - "Prepar3D.exe" is set to run as admin. If using a launcher app to fire P3D, must set the latter to run as admin as well.

The above are requirements when Windows UAC is enabled. And we don't recommend disabling it.

If you're sharing the P3D installation folder, be advised that manually setting wrong folder and files permissions would eventually get Windows to restrict privileges.

I mean, it could be that "Prepar3D.exe" isn't running as admin, eve though option is ticked.

By the way, MCE FO Stuart is also "Stuart Hyett" co-pilot in RC4 original voice packs. That way, you won't have an intruder.