Sign in to follow this  
Dirk98

Radar Contact Tweak question

18 minutes ago, FS++ said:

If flying one livery, just go to P3D Menu "Vehicle" properties and edit call sign there. The "aircraft.cfg" will be updated.

Could eventually do that in "Aircraft.cfg" directly if you have many liveries installed.

Now that you've checked MCE is able to communicate with P3D smoothly, revert to RC4 mode and check TTS Fo can also read the RC4 options.

May need to wait a few seconds and ask again, as he may initially report the native ATC options.

I did it on my own last night unsuccessfully but it was too late and I may have done something wrong or missed something. Will try it shortly and report.

Here's is my rcv3.dat file from the last session. Didn't you mention that MCE reads a flight plan off rcv3.dat file? But there is no flight plan per se in it, only a link to the flight plan being used.  

British Airways P.L.C. - UK,SPEED BIRD,433, 1 , 15 , 30 , 15 , 1000 , 0 , 0 , 0 , 1 , 1 , 1 , 0 , 0 , 0 , 1 , 15              , 1950 , 1200 ,, 162 ,\\I6\Prepar3D v3 Files\EHAM Schiphol - EGLL London Heathrow1.pln
 300 , 300 , 700 
\\I6\Prepar3D v3
 0 , 0 , 0 , 0 , 0 , 0 , 0 , 0 , 0 , 0 , 0 , 0 , 0 , 0 , 0 , 0 , 0 , 0 , 0 , 0 , 0 , 0 , 0 , 0 , 0 , 0 , 0 , 0 , 0 , 0 
 0 , 0 , 0 , 0 , 0 , 0 , 0 , 0 , 0 , 0 , 0 , 0 , 0 , 0 , 0 
 0 , 0 , 0 , 0 , 0 , 0 , 0 , 0 , 0 , 0 , 0 , 0 , 0 , 0 , 0 
W:\

W:\ is a network drive (on a WideClient PC) assigned to Prepar3D v3 Files folder on the server, which seems superfluous here. But I can't remember why I created it, perhaps for another application.

Thanks,

Dirk

Edited by Dirk98

Gerald, there are 2 FSUIPC windows that read RC4 data, they are:

- FSUIPC multiline display window (it must be ticked in FSUIPC About tab, but if it is, it prevents FSUIPC message window to show up)

- FSUIPC message window - the one than normally comes up (if no selections are made in FSUIPC About tab) when Radar Contact connects to P3D.

Which one of these 2 does MCE read RC4 data off?

This may be important for MCE to work with RC4 properly.

Thanks.

Edited by Dirk98

Anyway, MCE can not read any of them, I've checked.

Please advise.

Thanks.

I could try some similar connection test with PF3, but I'd need initial guidance on MCE set up for that.

Dirk.

4 hours ago, Dirk98 said:

Gerald, there are 2 FSUIPC windows that read RC4 data, they are:

- FSUIPC multiline display window (it must be ticked in FSUIPC About tab, but if it is, it prevents FSUIPC message window to show up)

- FSUIPC message window - the one than normally comes up (if no selections are made in FSUIPC About tab) when Radar Contact connects to P3D.

Which one of these 2 does MCE read RC4 data off?

This may be important for MCE to work with RC4 properly.

Thanks.

It's the Multiline one, not the green old Adventure display window.

MCE reads the path to flight plan. Obviously in your case it won't be able to find it on the local machine, unless you mirror it. I mean have a similar folder with same drive letter and path on local machine so it can read it.

3 minutes ago, FS++ said:

MCE reads the path to flight plan. Obviously in your ase it won't be able to find it on the local machine, unless you mirror it. I mean have a similar folder with same drive letter and path on local machine so it can read it.

So, it's the smashing end is the beginning? :)

7 minutes ago, FS++ said:

MCE reads the path to flight plan. Obviously in your ase it won't be able to find it on the local machine

Why? And what is exactly my case, sorry I don't follow you

Thanks.

On 10.05.2017 at 4:01 PM, FS++ said:

It's a no go until TTS voice can read the text aloud

I went through this thread again and tried everything what was suggested, but MCE just can't read anything off the RC window and conciders it not running. Any ideas?

Thanks

3 hours ago, Dirk98 said:

I went through this thread again and tried everything what was suggested, but MCE just can't read anything off the RC window and conciders it not running. Any ideas?

Thanks

I think, there is a possibility the latest changes made to RC4 interfacing (about 2 months ago) may have inadvertently caused issues with the "networking usage scenario" which isn't very well tested, at least not on our side. We'll have to re-check to make sure MCE is seeing RC4 as running and telling fsInsider.dll to report RC4 options.

No worries though, we'll get it sorted within a couple of weeks max.

If you install RC4 locally, I am confident it will work because there are quite a few users on that kind of setup. But if you can't get a license for RC4 to run locally, be patient while we look at it.

36 minutes ago, FS++ said:

I think, there is a possibility the latest changes made to RC4 interfacing (about 2 months ago) may have inadvertently caused issues with the "networking usage scenario" which isn't very well tested, at least not on our side. We'll have to re-check to make sure MCE is seeing RC4 as running and telling fsInsider.dll to report RC4 options.

You meant latest changes in FSUIPC or in P3D rather than RC4 interfacing, didn't you? (and RC4 apart from selling for money has been dead for how many years now?)

So because of those "changes in the interfacing" I gather there's very little to no chance of PF3 working in the same configuration?

Both my RC4 and PF3 are installed on the same WideClient PC and only one license each.

21 minutes ago, Dirk98 said:

You meant latest changes in FSUIPC or in P3D rather than RC4 interfacing, didn't you? (and RC4 apart from selling for money has been dead for how many years now?)

So because of those "changes in the interfacing" I gather there's very little to no chance of PF3 working in the same configuration?

Both my RC4 and PF3 are installed on the same WideClient PC and only one license each.

No, I meant changes to MCE <-> RC4 interfacing. Nothing to do with FSUIPC, P3D or RC4 itself.

Gerald, I may try to reinstall RC4 on my P3D PC and get the activation.

I'm just afraid if there's something broken in MCE <-> RC4 interfacing it doesn't really matter where RC4 is installed. Win10 x64 and latest changes in P3Dv3-4 may have their own quirks as well. Do you know if anybody tried that on Win10 and MCE  worked OK with RC4?

Thanks,

Dirk.

12 hours ago, Dirk98 said:

Gerald, I may try to reinstall RC4 on my P3D PC and get the activation.

I'm just afraid if there's something broken in MCE <-> RC4 interfacing it doesn't really matter where RC4 is installed. Win10 x64 and latest changes in P3Dv3-4 may have their own quirks as well. Do you know if anybody tried that on Win10 and MCE  worked OK with RC4?

Thanks,

Dirk.

Please wait a few days. Will send you a link to a new build that may get it running through the network.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, FS++ said:

Please wait a few days. Will send you a link to a new build that may get it running through the network.

Excellent! Standing by.

Regards,

Dirk.

This is to confirm that RC4 badly needs a new MCE build.

For the test purposes I've installed RC4 on my main machine and I'm having the same problem: FO (Clive recorded voice) doesn't read Radar Contact window (Confirm ATC Options). Where's TTS reads it OK.

Thanks.